FIFA / FM Thread

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
I rember hoarding a Brazilian RB and making 250k profit while at my job 4.5 years ago. I was pretty good back than...

Now i dont understand shit with icon swap. Halloween card. Xmas cards and legends and etc....

And i lost all my skills too lol

Have fu while it last guys.

FM20 is my game now2

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Love the darker look of the Web App this year. MUCH easier on the eyes.

I've been grinding a good chunk of the day. No big pulls in my welcome back packs...so starting from scratch.

Small flips, mostly 200-300 coins. I did get a Felipe Anderson for about 800 less than the going rate, so that was a nice profit. Actually have made profit off of every coin so far. Maybe could've squeezed out a few more coins, but I'm trying to avoid taking losses.

Nothing fancy...just picked half a dozen players or so and am constantly refreshing/trying to win open bids.

By the time I head to bed I should be at around 60-70K. The starter team I'd like is coming in around 75K. Not sure I'll quite get there...but would be nice!

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I packed De Bruyne from one of my starter packs :laugh:

Pack luck continues into FIFA 21 this year

WTF. :D Hahaha, what are you gonna do? He'll probably sell for 300K before the first Weekend League. But he's also really linkable, and frankly is good enough probably until TOTS. He's meta as hell.

My highest rated was like an 81. And I got Coutinho from the beginner SBC.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
WTF. :D Hahaha, what are you gonna do? He'll probably sell for 300K before the first Weekend League. But he's also really linkable, and frankly is good enough probably until TOTS. He's meta as hell.

My highest rated was like an 81. And I got Coutinho from the beginner SBC.

tbh I don't know. Wasn't really planning to go for a Premier League side. But I stand by what I said before and that I was going to do whatever my starter packs were heading and I have a feeling this a sign :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
If you have Origin Premier or EA Play Pro (at least on PC) you can play FIFA today

About to launch it here

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Played my 10 hours.

Started out my Rivals placement games by losing 8-2....eeesh. And then lost the 2nd game in the 90th minute.
Thankfully won the next 3 in very convincing fashion. Got placed in Division 4 and got 68,000 coins.

Played Squad Battles the rest of the way. Missed Top 200 by less than 1000 points, but the difference between Elite 1 and 200 isn't massive, so not the end of the world.

With match coins and the placement bonus I was sitting on 180,000 coins yesterday. Sold my basic starter squad and built this one:

Squad 2.JPG

Cost me about 165K. I wanna get either Lenglet or Upamecano to replace Kehrer. When Squad Battles rewards drop on Sunday, maybe I will.

I've been getting better at trading. In about 90 minutes today I made 15K profit. Picked a player (Raphinha) who was consistently insta-selling for 3,600 coins. Occasionally sniped him for 2500-3200 coins, but found it easier to open bid on 5-10 at a time. Easy, bare minimum 250 coin profit on each sale. Some I got as high as 1,000 coins profit.

French CB's are also pretty easy to flip. I did Zouma today a bit and had similar success.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Is road to glory no longer a thing? I have no idea what any of that buying and selling stuff is about. Is it worth it to play career mode anymore?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Is road to glory no longer a thing? I have no idea what any of that buying and selling stuff is about. Is it worth it to play career mode anymore?

Career mode got a big upgrade this year. I haven't had a chance to play the game this yet, but I'd say its worth it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Career mode looks better, but I wouldn't say it's a big upgrade. Transfers have a bit more detail to them, but still same cut scenes, the only real change is being to loan-to-buy again which they had years ago, and you can now do complete play swaps and request a player swap from the opposite team now, teams will also offer you a player+cash deal. Youth academy is the same, the difference is you start with a scout and a handful of players. They've done well at having more realistic faces and names for the region they come from though.

The real big change was how training goes. You don't grow attributes though the training in between games, it happens in "development plans" now and training/rest days impact morale and sharpness of players, which will either boost or reduce players attributes. I just don't generally like how easy it is to have a fully boosted squad. A typical mid-table club suddenly becomes a top table club just because how easy it is to get morale.

It's definitely a step in the right direction though.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Decided to finish the Advanced SBCs today while I was bored at work.

It cost the majority of my 40K coins I had, but the payoff was well worth it!

In the first pack, I pulled Matip, Lacazette, and Grimaldo. Second pack was Joe Gomez, Rudiger, and a few others.

Gomez alone was 100K. What a big pull. Across all the packs I made like 200K.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Decided to finish the Advanced SBCs today while I was bored at work.

It cost the majority of my 40K coins I had, but the payoff was well worth it!

In the first pack, I pulled Matip, Lacazette, and Grimaldo. Second pack was Joe Gomez, Rudiger, and a few others.

Gomez alone was 100K. What a big pull. Across all the packs I made like 200K.

Same here! Pulled Rashford (175k), Thiago and Lloris (70k combined).

Still need to do the Puzzlemaster SBC though, but that one requires loyalty.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I kind of wish they had Covid mode in this game, would be something funny to look back on if you could play CM modes with no fans in the stands.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
How are you guys liking the FIFA 21 gameplay? I skipped 20 so I'm wondering if 21 is worth it.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
How are you guys liking the FIFA 21 gameplay? I skipped 20 so I'm wondering if 21 is worth it.

I think it's improved. Pace might be slower, but it feels more realistic. They altered the drag back a bit. It requires an additional button now as FIFA is hoping it won't be overused as much now. There's still plenty of stuff that makes me wanna rage, way moreso than other games, but still doable.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Gameplay has been interesting for me so far. I think I like it more than 20, but it feels like its all over the place. Its refreshing to score a variety different kind of goals where it felt like I was going up against an impenetrable wall every single game. However this game feels like they turned up the shooting sliders way up or at least the shot power so I suspect they will tune that down in a future patch.

Sep 19, 2008
As someone pointed out above the training is now mandatory instead of optional. In my first 15 or 16 years in career in FIFA 20 I almost never used training. (Coincidentally my records started to improve when I trained and improved players)

Played my first European Cup International preseason game yesterday. It plays almost identical to FIFA 20. Can't really notice anything different.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
As someone pointed out above the training is now mandatory instead of optional. In my first 15 or 16 years in career in FIFA 20 I almost never used training. (Coincidentally my records started to improve when I trained and improved players)
Keep me posted on how the training is!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A lot of the game changers did career mode videos on youtube and went over it. They basically changed how players grow in career mode. Instead of training, it's called development plans, and you can tailor development plans to be balanced or to a specific player type, balanced will increase all attributes, where player types will focus on specific attributes at a faster rate. You can also change players positions. Trainings and rest days are used in between games. Trainings will boost sharpness and decrease fitness, and will also impact morale if you train too much. The trainings themselves don't really impact ratings, but if you have positive morale, sharpness, and they are played in correct position, they will get an overall boost. I'm not huge on that because it just artificially makes your team better since it's pretty easy to keep high morale/sharpness.

They also changed how you sim trainings. In the past simming trainings was random, but now it takes whatever your best rating in the training is by default. It starts at a D or F, but once you play it and if you get an A, then every time you sim that specific training, you get an A every time.

Reactions: robertmac43
Sep 19, 2008
I just skip it

You can simulate them all

In fact I would argue that this new feature in 21 is more irritating than in 20 as I just want to simulate all this training camp and go straight to the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad