FIFA / FM Thread

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There's at least some good features in there for career mode. Frustrating that some of the features are pieces that we've already had that they've taken away. Loan to buy was in a previous version or 2, and so was the interactive sim, or at least that has been in other EA games for years and years. I remember doing that when I was a kid.

I hope the transfer budget doesn't me you can only boost it, I hope you can adjust it down too, there are times when I want to simulate a transfer ban or FFP penalty and basically just give an absurd signing bonus to a player on an extension to bring the budget to 0. Would be nice if you can adjust budgets for other clubs as well.

Hopefully the AI swap option is quality, it always annoyed me that we can send a player to an AI club in a player+cash, but we can't request a player+cash from the opposing club when they come for one of our players.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I hope the transfer budget doesn't me you can only boost it, I hope you can adjust it down too, there are times when I want to simulate a transfer ban or FFP penalty and basically just give an absurd signing bonus to a player on an extension to bring the budget to 0. Would be nice if you can adjust budgets for other clubs as well.
This would be an awesome addition. Really just speaks to how great it would be for FIFA to overall increase the players ability to edit aspects of the offline game modes.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Forgot to mention it, but I really like being able to edit positions, that'll make simming a lot easier. Ideally you could just manually add their secondary positions, but have to train them to make it their primary positions. Another thing that existed in previous versions. And my wishlist on this would be to have something like NHL, where you have have a setting for rotation, like NHL has for goalies, to allow for long-term simming to rotate in fresh players or players when they start to have low morale due to lack of game-time. Sometimes I just want to to sim a month and not have to go in and out every few games to rotate players.

These mechanics exist within EA, that's the frustrating thing.

Reactions: robertmac43

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
There's at least some good features in there for career mode. Frustrating that some of the features are pieces that we've already had that they've taken away. Loan to buy was in a previous version or 2, and so was the interactive sim, or at least that has been in other EA games for years and years. I remember doing that when I was a kid.

Hopefully the AI swap option is quality, it always annoyed me that we can send a player to an AI club in a player+cash, but we can't request a player+cash from the opposing club when they come for one of our players.
That's why I only play Football manager now! I feel way happier!

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
There has to be a glitch in FM 2020. Zaniolo is a 179 CA and he is only valued 10.75m. They bid 12m for him.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Scripting and tilt has always been a belief for years, but in more recent versions of this game and some of their others, it's gotten to a level where it's undeniable. Even in career mode you'll see it, where a low rated club magically plays like Barca.

EA has admitted that DDA (Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment) absolutely exists in offline modes.

They have said flat out it does not exist online.

Who knows how much stock to put in that, but there you go.

Regarding Volta...I played through the story recently and it was pretty fun actually. Not super deep, but the gameplay had enough of a difference that it felt fun. Story was mildly interesting. Graphics were quite good I thought.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
EA has admitted that DDA (Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment) absolutely exists in offline modes.

They have said flat out it does not exist online.

Who knows how much stock to put in that, but there you go.

Regarding Volta...I played through the story recently and it was pretty fun actually. Not super deep, but the gameplay had enough of a difference that it felt fun. Story was mildly interesting. Graphics were quite good I thought.
The whole point of it though is for online, FUT specifically. They don't want to admit it's not truly competitive though. If you are someone that struggles and have lost a bunch, they will try and help you win to keep you hooked to make it more likely to buy FUT points. And if you keeping winning, they will try and tilt the other way to ensure you aren't completely satisfied with the roster.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Super easy objectives in FUT right now that if you complete give small FUT 21 bonuses.

Nothing insane but hey.

Done a few Icon packs. Prime Wright and Prime Rush were L's.

Moments Zola was the third. He's been fun.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Finished my WL earlier today and got Gold 3. Started out pretty well with 11-5 record and then lost 9 in a row and had to use some of my loan icons to drag me to gold 3. I've had a lot of fun using TOTS Neymar and he's probably the best player I've used this year, but he just doesn't fit into the team and with the players I have. I'm considering selling him to balance out the team or create a new one, but it just doesn't feel right to sell him on. And I don't have any players that I can sell on to raise coins either. :/

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Finished my WL earlier today and got Gold 3. Started out pretty well with 11-5 record and then lost 9 in a row and had to use some of my loan icons to drag me to gold 3. I've had a lot of fun using TOTS Neymar and he's probably the best player I've used this year, but he just doesn't fit into the team and with the players I have. I'm considering selling him to balance out the team or create a new one, but it just doesn't feel right to sell him on. And I don't have any players that I can sell on to raise coins either. :/

I had a horrific Friday. My worst one. 5-10.

I'm a Gold 2 player usually. So this was bad. Today went much better... Won 7 straight and I'm at 12-10. 5-3 for Gold 2 is quite doable.

Screenshot_20200802-022123.png

I'm sitting at a million coins with this team. Not really sure what to do.

Yes, I could make improvements. TOTS Varane over Upamecano, or TOTY De Bruyne over Firmino/Fernandes.

But those aren't massive improvements, and certainly not worth a million in my eyes...

Thinking of saving up to 2 mill and trying Headliners Neymar. He's a fun card and can fit in nicely as a Striker. But I just don't love his lack of strength on the ball. Granted, I've only played with his NIF. Still, not sure that's worth it.

Moments Dalglish would be fun, but he doesn't really make a big difference over my attackers currently.

Mid Ronaldinho is fun just cause he's Ronaldinho, but he wouldn't be in a WL squad either.

Meh... Really not sure what to do.

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think at this point I'm just going to try out new formations. I've been using the 41212 narrow mostly this year and recently using the 4231 with Neymar at cam. Tried out a version of a 433 last night to try and get some more creativity in the final 3rd and it worked pretty well.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I think at this point I'm just going to try out new formations. I've been using the 41212 narrow mostly this year and recently using the 4231 with Neymar at cam. Tried out a version of a 433 last night to try and get some more creativity in the final 3rd and it worked pretty well.

I've had a few I've enjoyed this year. I like the 41212 Narrow and most of the 433 formations...

Some of the 3 at the back formations are fun too.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
another 90+ guaranteed sbc today and packed 90 overall Mariano. Pretty sure I've packed him like 3 different times in the guaranteed team of the season sbcs :thumbd:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
another 90+ guaranteed sbc today and packed 90 overall Mariano. Pretty sure I've packed him like 3 different times in the guaranteed team of the season sbcs :thumbd:

Oof. I'm not sure if I should do it or hold off for a different SBC. I don't have much fodder in the club at the moment. My guy this year has been Carvajal. Not a bad player by any means, but I've got him 4 separate times in SBCs.

EDIT: Just did it. Got 93 Oscar. Not bad for fodder. Certainly won't fit into the current squad, but that means when I get crap Reds on Thursday I'll be able to do another Icon SBC. :p

Are you on PS or XBox? If PS, we should play a friendly sometime. :)

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Oof. I'm not sure if I should do it or hold off for a different SBC. I don't have much fodder in the club at the moment. My guy this year has been Carvajal. Not a bad player by any means, but I've got him 4 separate times in SBCs.

EDIT: Just did it. Got 93 Oscar. Not bad for fodder. Certainly won't fit into the current squad, but that means when I get crap Reds on Thursday I'll be able to do another Icon SBC. :p

Are you on PS or XBox? If PS, we should play a friendly sometime. :)

Yeah I'm PS4! I'm down for that sometime. My PSN is the same as my username

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got bored today and since my team is basically complete...I burned though 800K worth of packs to see what I got.

A couple 89s and that was it. Nothing good at all.

Opened the 86+ player pick... And got Team of the Year Kante, hahaha.

Now I can sell Matthaus for ~750K and end up not too much worse off than I was.

Granted, I may have pulled him without burning through my coin stash, but whatever.

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Got bored today and since my team is basically complete...I burned though 800K worth of packs to see what I got.

A couple 89s and that was it. Nothing good at all.

Opened the 86+ player pick... And got Team of the Year Kante, hahaha.

Now I can sell Matthaus for ~750K and end up not too much worse off than I was.

Granted, I may have pulled him without burning through my coin stash, but whatever.

Nice pull! Best I got out of 86+ pick was Cavani...

I'm leaning closer and closer to selling my Neymar with the game almost over and looking to buy some icons to have fun with. That and I'm pretty close to finishing the Ribery SBC

There's a lot of good things being said within this trailer, but we just can't know until we get our hands on it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Any tips for defending in FIFA 20? I usually don't have any issues but this game I suck at it!

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Any tips for defending in FIFA 20? I usually don't have any issues but this game I suck at it!

Control your CDMs and cut passing lanes. Avoid controlling your back line unless absolutely necessary.

Jockey, and avoid holding sprint unless needed.

Don't press the tackle button, if you're jockeying and you run into a player you usually win the ball, and avoid fouls.

Secondary contain can be useful but it also can pull your backline out of position so be careful.

Last thing I'd say is don't over commit. Drag backs are super common this year and most players try and use them top of the box to get players onto their strong foot. If you can anticipate that you're golden.

It's why I like 5* WF attackers...I don't care about which side I'm on. Much less predictable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad