FIFA / FM Thread 2

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'll check it out, even in past FIFAs I was struggling to find out where I could practice the damn things
I believe if you go into the free dribble mode and run into the box then press up on the D-pad it will set up a penalty situation. It may have changed over the years but this used to work.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm kind of at a mixed bag with FIFA 23. Saying its slow is an understatement. You simply just can't left stick dribble. Like at all. I'm not a fan of the new chemistry system especially when it comes to SBCs. I can live with the system for building squads, but completing SBCs are brutal. The new power-shot takes 5 years to get the shot off. Not a fan of the new free kicks/corner system either.

And yet all that being said, I'm kind of enjoying the gameplay? I can't explain it. The difference between the good cards and the average cards this year you can really feel. I was playing a draft with Yaya Toure and he was just an absolute tank in the midfield compared to everyone else.

We'll see how the rest of the year goes, but I think most people aren't going to like this version to start. I wasn't really that hyped for it this year, and just got it because I felt like I had to.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Now that the WC is on, anybody here care to bring out their stories about international management in FM?

I haven't managed any NT in the last few editions, but one of the most memorable ones for me was when managing Belgium ages ago, just when their golden generation like Hazard, Lukaku, Kompany etc. had emerged. I think it must have been something like FM 2010 or FM 2011, so lots of what happened in that FM save was predicting the future.

I especially remember the time around WC 2018. First I was drawn with powerhouse France in the qualifying, and finished 2nd to them in the group but then qualified to the final tournament through playoffs. I remember that France had Yaya Sanogo and Khouma Babacar as their stars, who scored at will and were physical beasts who couldn't be contained. I met France again in the final, but was well beaten. Geoffrey Kondogbia scored two long range cannon shots to win the match for France.

Funnily enough, none of those three players ended up representing France IRL.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I will for sure be getting FM24 for the last hoorah with this style of game.

Looking forward to learning more about FM25 when the time comes. Definitely feels like its time for some kind of upgrade.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wonder if they signed a deal with EA/PES to incorporate saved files from FM into the console games? Like you do all the manager stuff on your PC, but then play the games on the console. :dunno:

I just want them to keep all the AI and UI mechanics and just change it for a hockey version of this game. I loved Eastside Manager, but even the new version is still crazy behind these FM games.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm intrigued to see what this new era for Footie and EA is going to bring to the table.

I'm curious about FM myself. I think I clicked on the link from @JPBolts ' link above and they said all the platforms would be on the same platform or something like that, including FM Mobile. Hopefully the tactical setups will be the same as they'll come in handy for me personally so I can translate that from mobile to PC.

I'm currently doing a save on mobile and I will say that it's pretty slick. Moves very quickly and very intuitive on the iPad. I got it late into the season, but I think it was only $10. Well worth it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm currently doing a save on mobile and I will say that it's pretty slick. Moves very quickly and very intuitive on the iPad. I got it late into the season, but I think it was only $10. Well worth it.
I have yet to try it on iPad. How do you find the battery life? Is FM a major batter drainer?

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have yet to try it on iPad. How do you find the battery life? Is FM a major batter drainer?

Great question. Not at all. I don’t have the current iPad, the colorful ones, I have the prior gen which Apple still sells. I mean it’ll drain the battery, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Reactions: robertmac43

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Has there ever been a breakdown of why some national sides and clubs never make EA games? I am most curious about why Serbia and Red Star & Partizan are never in the game.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Ultimate Team looks awful for FC24,

Also not prepared to see Sam Kerr be higher rated than Messi, and Haaland Lolllll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad