FIFA / FM Thread 2

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man just tried FIFA23 and it plays more arcade than 17, which I played a lot of.
PES21 or 22 update has flow and actually feels like football.... I just wish the rest of the game and leagues and all wasn't generic renamed stuff. All I want from FIFA is the stats and graphs and stuff like that, put into a PES gameplay style game... it'd be a perfect combination.
How can fifa be so popular and it's just arcade football. PES is way more 'authentic' experience and it just 'feels good' to pull off goals and etc etc.
Not that PES is perfect it's still 'scripted' but way more enjoyable.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Man just tried FIFA23 and it plays more arcade than 17, which I played a lot of.
PES21 or 22 update has flow and actually feels like football.... I just wish the rest of the game and leagues and all wasn't generic renamed stuff. All I want from FIFA is the stats and graphs and stuff like that, put into a PES gameplay style game... it'd be a perfect combination.
How can fifa be so popular and it's just arcade football. PES is way more 'authentic' experience and it just 'feels good' to pull off goals and etc etc.
Not that PES is perfect it's still 'scripted' but way more enjoyable.

I'm just so hard wired to the FIFA style gameplay that I just can't adjust to the PES gameplay. Add in that it doesn't have licenses for some leagues and teams and it just turns me off.

Also with FIFA I'm addicted to the pain.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm just so hard wired to the FIFA style gameplay that I just can't adjust to the PES gameplay. Add in that it doesn't have licenses for some leagues and teams and it just turns me off.

Also with FIFA I'm addicted to the pain.
I felt the same 'hard wired' when I was giving PES even just an install :laugh:
It wasn't instant.
Still don't quite understand the skill moves (and don't really depend on them).
But it grew... then a season or two was completed.
Figured I'd give a new FIFA a try, 23, and it is so robotic I can't even play a game -after pushing through the first one-.

FIFA does have the spell on everyone but for me, it broke.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
To be fair all games feel robotic.

The skill move is overpowered and simple elegant football with quick touches inpossible to execute.

They should offer more abilities to do different type of crosses and first touches. FIFA is now full of people using elastico and step over and pace down the wing and it's very repetitive. If you have players without pace they are useless which is so stupid.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I can't help but get excited for the new FIFA/EAFC...it's really the only game I play.

But I'm actually looking forward to the game this year; Evolutions looks like a great addition. I know that many will use them for Meta players, but I'm planning to use it to upgrade Portsmouth players to be somewhat usable throughout the year. Will be a good time.

Got started on the Web App tonight...VERY much a grind since you don't get Welcome Packs this year. Slowly doing the Foundations SBCs.

And I just packed Son from a 2 player pack, so I'm buzzing!

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Who's everyone going to use their evo upgrades on?

I was thinking Badiashile for the center back and Mudryk for the winger cause I support chelsea. But as for the striker, I'm thinking going off the board with Goncalo Guedes.

I don't have the game yet but maybe build a team like

Mudryk (evo) - Guedes (evo) - Mohammed Kudus
Paqueta - Mac Allister - Dominguez
Sanusi - Badiashile (evo) - Pepe - Bah
Emi Martinez

Sep 19, 2008
FC 24 coming out Friday for those who pre-ordered.

I can't help but get excited for the new FIFA/EAFC...it's really the only game I play.

But I'm actually looking forward to the game this year; Evolutions looks like a great addition. I know that many will use them for Meta players, but I'm planning to use it to upgrade Portsmouth players to be somewhat usable throughout the year. Will be a good time.

Got started on the Web App tonight...VERY much a grind since you don't get Welcome Packs this year. Slowly doing the Foundations SBCs.

And I just packed Son from a 2 player pack, so I'm buzzing!
I'm going to be honest, I barely played FIFA 23. I think I logged like 9 total hours on it.

FC 24 should be good.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Don't know what I want to do with evolutions yet. I don't really want to do full meta, but it seems like it would be better to go meta at the early stages. Mostly just want to use it for the American players like Pulisic and some of the American women.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Don't know what I want to do with evolutions yet. I don't really want to do full meta, but it seems like it would be better to go meta at the early stages. Mostly just want to use it for the American players like Pulisic and some of the American women.
Yeah I'm not gonna chase the meta by any means. I've learned over the years as I've built squads for each league/major country that I pretty much end each Weekend League within a win or two, no matter who I use.

Sep 19, 2008
Don't buy it yet it's still very early

Trying it out now and the UT now has coed UT clubs so my LW is a woman :laugh: on a mostly men club

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Don't buy it yet it's still very early

Trying it out now and the UT now has coed UT clubs so my LW is a woman :laugh: on a mostly men club
I'm just leaning into it. Got van de Donk for 600 coins off the market, pulled Popp in a pack and am currently using an evolution on Ebony Salmon. Have about a 50/50 mix in my starting 11 and then mostly women on the bench. Figure my team is likely to make some heads explode if I beat anyone. Only downside is the height disadvantage and being unable to win headers.

Sep 19, 2008
1695601663120.png

I normally don't FUT but the coed FUT team is very fun. Putting females in at goalie and at various other positions, and have them also on loaners.

Also note the LT option allowing you to quickly hop between play and club. That could be huge.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Women in FUT have been fun. Opens up some fun (albeit challenging) linking opportunities. They're fast and agile, only downside is size on headers.

My current main squad is just a full Prem team, but I packed a few solid women (Reiten and Rolfo). Majri is fun with 5 star skills.

Packed Theo last night, gotta work him in.

Maddison's POTM is sick, and the Play Styles+ are awesome. I scored two Olympicos over the weekend with him.

Reactions: robertmac43

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
My best pack pulls have been on defense funny enough. Packed Walker, Rudiger and Saliba recently. Rudiger has the Aerial playstyle+ and he wins every header. I've played about 30 games with him and I've scored like 15 goals with him off of corners, pretty much automatic.

Used my founders Evo on Ferran Torres because my team was leaning towards La Liga and he's been insanely good for me with the upgraded weakfoot.

So my striker and my defense is set, but my midfield is pretty weak with only 45k to upgrade.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I basically no lifed the game this weekend and got enough points for Playoffs...

They're hard, lol. I'm 1-4 currently, with that win being on penalties. I went 7-3/8-2 all of last year. 3 of the 4 losses were by one goal. I know I'm playing other sweats but man, haha. Did score my third Olympico.

One thing I really like and PRAY they won't change (even if it's burned me), is how punishing mistakes and mistimed tackles are on defense. It's hard, but I appreciate that players can't recover as quickly.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
A year later I finally started a save in FM23 (PS5 version). Managing MTK in Hungarian 2nd division. Easily won promotion to the top division (though my squad was strong to start) and 2nd season I managed to qualify for Europa League.

Best thing about the league, no registration or match day squad restrictions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad