FIFA / FM Thread 2

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Eh... Think I'm done this year. First Friday in a while I had zero prior commitments and the ability to get a good chunk of WL in... And had zero interest to do so.

I may finish up my icon swaps just to do the PP next season... But other than that, I'm okay with a break before 22.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Yeah I'm still going to play for the last icon swaps, but fut champs I'll only really play if I'm not working

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Sold Frenkie tots to do some player picks. Have about 700k left, but already got the De Ligt, Acuna and Foden festival cards. Got shafted on the icon upgrade with Puyol, but who cares.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Just did a few friendlies this week, and I'll play some rivals tomorrow to unlock the objective...

Been using my few coins for player picks, and nabbed Acuna in the 85+.

Argentina squad looking very spicy.

Screenshot_20210616-050114.png

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Screenshot_20210627-214357.png

Got my 15 wins with this French side. Pretty fun.

Got Blind, Kimmich, and Mount from the extra Reds. Blind was used already for fodder...Kimmich will be too since I have the TOTY already. Mount will go into the England side...

Just once I'd like to play a full weekend free of connection problems. 4 disconnects, and probably 10 games borderline unplayable because of lag.

And my 2nd to last game I played a guy with TOTY Ronaldo, Moments Cruyff, TOTS Neymar, PtG Griezmann, PtG Pogba, EOA Ramos, TOTS Varane, Birthday Mendy...jeez.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
During the ultimate tots weekend I basically already had done a weekend league with 8 French players so I was already prepared for this weekend. Prior to this weekend I packed Mbappe twice, once from the triple 87+ upgrade and then again from last weeks rewards so that also helped for this weekend. I just barely managed to squeeze in my 15 wins because I was working all weekend and got it with like 30 minutes to spare, which is a shame because this weekend was probably the best I've played in a long time and I was actually having fun with my team.

Red picks weren't anything special. Duplicate Oblak which was submitted into Ramos, Mount and then Insigne

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got Jesus Navas and Varane from Picks.

I've been running Davies and Lacroix as my Centerbacks... But I'll complete Ramos and throw Varane in there.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
After months and months of not having any luck from guaranteed icon packs I finally got a usable icon in Matthaus from the pim player pick from icon swaps. It felt a little bit less special when EA released him as an Icon SBC, but still I'm thrilled with him!

Used a whole new team with him included and I was playing fine, but felt like I was conceding more goals than usual, so I switched back to my all French backline and immediately felt more confident when defending. Ended yesterday at 17- 5, but now I'm unsure if I want push forward. Last weekend I felt like I could've hit elite again and this weekend I feel like I could as well, but I don't really want the stress

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Decided to go for it. Immediately regretted it as I lost my first 2 games in extra time so I had to win out my last remaining games to get Elite. Won my next 5, but choked on the last game. Had a lead at one point, but he managed to score 3 goals in a row and I got a pity 2nd goal in the 90th minute. Pure heartbreak.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Saw Summer Stars Chiellini in a lightning round Ultimate Pack today. Only had 30K coins... Sold what little tradeable I had in my club (thankfully fodder is high) and managed to scrape together the coin with about 3000 packs left.

Got 220K for him, so sitting on about a quarter mil.

Cheapest three squads left for Ramos... Gonna just pay and do them because I wanna use him this weekend.

Grinded the rest of the Swaps for the Moments PP...and got Lineker, Baresi, and Henry.

Yes, Henry would've made the most sense ... But the game's just about over and I already have Prime Henry. So I took Baresi. Stupid? Probably... But I've saved all my icons this year and I wanna run a full First Owner Icon squad for one of the last weekends...

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Saw Summer Stars Chiellini in a lightning round Ultimate Pack today. Only had 30K coins... Sold what little tradeable I had in my club (thankfully fodder is high) and managed to scrape together the coin with about 3000 packs left.

Got 220K for him, so sitting on about a quarter mil.

Cheapest three squads left for Ramos... Gonna just pay and do them because I wanna use him this weekend.

Grinded the rest of the Swaps for the Moments PP...and got Lineker, Baresi, and Henry.

Yes, Henry would've made the most sense ... But the game's just about over and I already have Prime Henry. So I took Baresi. Stupid? Probably... But I've saved all my icons this year and I wanna run a full First Owner Icon squad for one of the last weekends...

I loved Chiellini's freeze card, his summer stars is probably insane.

Decided to take a break this weekend. I barely have any good Spanish players outside of Ramos, Olmo and Deulofeu and I just didn't have much time to play anyways

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Screenshot_20210710-160247.png

Probably the end game team. I could go with Davies instead of Carlos, but they're essentially the same player.

Could also go with Acuna up top, and maybe Ballack in the midfield?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I've been back to a career mode recently and I'm looking forward to seeing if there will be further improvements to the 22 version of the game. Not getting my hopes up for anything too major but there is definitely still plenty of room for improvement.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Trailer was okay, it was really hard to follow along with their camera angles that they were using. I'm intrigued by this hypermotion technology that they're doing, but I need to see actual gameplay first. Sucks that it'll only be available on Next Gen consoles as I've still yet to acquire a PS5.

Also there's a little more information on EA's website
FIFA 22 New Features and Modes - Electronic Arts

Reactions: John Price

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I always wonder if Volta will ever make it FUT. Could be a fun friendly mode to mix things up, and I don't think it would be too hard to implement.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I've been back to a career mode recently and I'm looking forward to seeing if there will be further improvements to the 22 version of the game. Not getting my hopes up for anything too major but there is definitely still plenty of room for improvement.

Create a club has massive potential.

Also looking forward to updates for player career.

Reactions: robertmac43

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Decided to try and build up a Hungarian team in fm 20. Choose Debrecen because they weren’t the big team. Finished 2nd in the first year and am well on my way to finishing 2nd again. But Ferencvaros has so much more money. I can afford to pay a few guys over 1k per week and there entire squad is around 3k per. Max 10 foreign players registered is a pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->