FIFA / FM Thread 2

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I got trolled so hard last night. I finished the foundations SBCs and opened one of my packs. English, Left mid, Man United....Leah Galton. I was fully convinced it was Rashford my heart sank.
The France, PSG, Striker trolling is by far the funniest

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
The France, PSG, Striker trolling is by far the funniest
Not quite that level, but Baltimore just trolled me instead of it being Dembele.

I BARELY qualified for Champs... Had to win my last 3 games. Had to use a few loans, but to be fair a lot of teams are full of em right now.

Won't be able to play until Sunday as I'm visiting family out of state until then.

I really like that EA is dropping Foundations players much earlier this year; makes the cards useable for longer. If I recall some of the Foundations didn't drop until around Christmas last year.

Sep 19, 2008
Grinded hard out there today and have won all 6 games so far, but the objectives count 5 because one went to extra time. Just trying to complete objectives at this point and get coins.

Working on those green Nike objectives right now.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Waited as long as I could to play champs qualifiers, ended up going 8-2 which I'm pretty happy with. Ended up packing a tradeable Ousmane Dembele from the rewards and then packed an untradeable Musiala from Rivals rewards. Setting myself up nicely for the first weekend league.

Reactions: GabeTravels

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I keep wondering if this is the year I get back into FUT.... I just don't know if I want the time commitment back in my life.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Packed tradeable Salah earlier this week, held on to him thinking he'd rise to 300K, but he fell to 240K instead. So I lost out on about 35K, but that's okay. Sitting on about 500K right now which is solid.

I do run a full first owner squad so I won't be buying players for the team, just players for SBC's.

Power Shot+ is absolutely broken. Rashford has been a dream up top.

My usual WL finish is between 9-11 wins. Since I'll be out of town later this weekend, I grinded all of my games today. Started 2-0, then lost the next 7. Took a break for dinner, came back, and went 9-1 to finish 11-8. :)

Scored another Olympico too:

Packed RTTK Modric which is absolutely massive. Still trying to figure out what the team will look like, but probably something like this?

Screenshot_20231007-003041.png

Reactions: kingsboy11

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I put my entire 1.5M worth team in a gold upgrade. What a shit show this game is. They sell it well with the new playstyles and fancy new menu’s, but the gameplay is as bad as it has ever been. It’s like I am playing with 11 Süle’s. Saving myself a lot of frustration by just flipping the bird now.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
My input is it’s not different, and hasn’t been for about a decade

Well, it has a new title, and everyone here is just talking about ultimate team and card packs so I really don't think it is a stretch to think it could be a different game, potentially with less features or modes. It wouldn't be the first time that EA has introduced a new game with less features than a previous version

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well, it has a new title, and everyone here is just talking about ultimate team and card packs so I really don't think it is a stretch to think it could be a different game, potentially with less features or modes. It wouldn't be the first time that EA has introduced a new game with less features than a previous version

What was the last FIFA you played? I'd say since next gen consoles got introduced there's a notable difference between old and new gen. I'd say since FIFA 22 there's not a whole lot different gameplay and game modes wise, but from FIFA 21 and before that its definitely different.

I actually enjoy this version much more than FIFA 23, the introduction of playstyles makes each player feel actually unique and adding female players to Ultimate team makes it more fun to build teams. Its still an incredibly frustrating at times and not a perfect game with some pretty dumb mechanics and logic

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They only care about ultimate team because of the microtransactions. Single player/offline modes have either stayed the same or worsened over the years

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
What was the last FIFA you played? I'd say since next gen consoles got introduced there's a notable difference between old and new gen. I'd say since FIFA 22 there's not a whole lot different gameplay and game modes wise, but from FIFA 21 and before that its definitely different.

I actually enjoy this version much more than FIFA 23, the introduction of playstyles makes each player feel actually unique and adding female players to Ultimate team makes it more fun to build teams. Its still an incredibly frustrating at times and not a perfect game with some pretty dumb mechanics and logic

Fifa 21 is probably the last one I played and that might have only been a couple hours of playtime, I think I bough 22 but never played it. I have generally only played offline career mode/franchise mode or whatever they called it, and local couch MP

They only care about ultimate team because of the microtransactions. Single player/offline modes have either stayed the same or worsened over the years

Yeah I was concerned they might have been cut out altogether and only the online and ultimate team stuff remained

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Pack luck continues to be solid, packed Leao.

Funny that both Son and Leao will get POTMs. I'll probably do Son because he's my favorite player, but unless I've got ample fodder will hold off on Leao.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Pack luck was in last weekend. On top of packing Dembele, I packed Messi untradeable, packed Tonali, CR7 and Saliba tradeable from Weekend League. Ended up going 14-6, but really had to earn to it. Started 9-1, lost 3 in a row and then had to win the last game to clutch up rank 4.

Right now sitting on 500k+ coins, not really sure what I want to do with it. Might go Saudi league to play Ronaldo and Messi together and try out Neymar too.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Oh yeah I got Messi too...he's unreal this year. Use him as a super sub.

Another 11-8 weekend league. Nothing notable from rewards this weekend. Saving fodder and will hopefully be doing Son's POTM over the next 4 weeks.

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Did the Hero pick, got Cole. It's solid but I would now have to drop either Son, Maddison or Kubo...or roll really offensive and play more of an attacking midfield with Cole Maddison and Modric.

May do that for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4