TSN: Feschuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Feschuk went out of his way to attack Kessel. He repeated the same question twice so even though he had a whole 4 hours to prep a question that was what he thought would be the best way to make sure his name got out there.

Should the story of been how Randy through ice time in minny, and comments on sunday towards mgt got his term ended fast than the leafs wanted to? or maybe that the leafs really arent that good? or maybe that Canada won gold the night before.. won;t matter because the have the perfect villian in Kessel. he is Lazy, selfish, childish, unable to learn, un-coachable and you can't win with him. However the most shocking part is they leave out Cancer Survivor, PPG (almost) in playoffs when the games matter most, and often plays through injuries. Those facts would say heart and toughness but that doesn't sell papers so if the the local media were to be believed you'd be better off to put kessel on waivers and get a 200 ft winger in his place say Winnick to be a top line forward.

how many times has this stud player led us to the playoffs?

nobody is taking about him as a person. As a player he's more harm than good.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Yeah let's crucify the guy for being uncomfortable with an overbearing Toronto media. Some people man...

Hi. He plays in Toronto.

Is he not aware that the media would be asking him questions?

Is he not aware that some of the questions would be difficult to answer particularly when the team is mired in struggles and he's the highest paid player here?

Is he not aware that his play is being critiqued on a nightly basis for its deficiencies? Is he not aware that a story and an interview was aired where he was prominently implied as the source of contention for coaches (not singular anymore)?

If you say he wasn't aware of one / any of these things, I'll cut him some slack.

It's entirely possible that he was completely unaware that he was in Toronto where media would ask questions about his on-ice struggles and that he was in fact one of the highest paid players in the dressing room; maybe he hadn't heard that Randy was just fired and that news had surfaced about him being un coachable.

Kessley Snipes*

Hi. He plays in Toronto.

Is he not aware that the media would be asking him questions?

Is he not aware that some of the questions would be difficult to answer particularly when the team is mired in struggles and he's the highest paid player here?

Is he not aware that his play is being critiqued on a nightly basis for its deficiencies? Is he not aware that a story and an interview was aired where he was prominently implied as the source of contention for coaches (not singular anymore)?

If you say he wasn't aware of one / any of these things, I'll cut him some slack.

It's entirely possible that he was completely unaware that he was in Toronto where media would ask questions about his on-ice struggles and that he was in fact one of the highest paid players in the dressing room; maybe he hadn't heard that Randy was just fired and that news had surfaced about him being un coachable.

There's difficult questions and then there is gotcha journalism.

Instead of asking: "do you think you're uncoachable", why not phrase it as "your former coach Ron Wilson mentioned today that he thinks your uncoachable, care to respond?".

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
There's difficult questions and then there is gotcha journalism.

Instead of asking: "do you think you're uncoachable", why not phrase it as "your former coach Ron Wilson mentioned today that he thinks your uncoachable, care to respond?".

Feschuck's not trying to get an answer.....

The point is that he's asking Phil about his coachability right after two sources implied that Phil's a concern when it comes to coaching....

He wanted to ask Phil specifically (not anyone else) and he meant for that question to be direct because he expected Phil to flat out deny it. (You're delusional if you think Phil would have pondered it and answered yes).

Too often players have been trained to give PR driven answers. But you can't give a PR driven answer to a yes or no question.

It's a smart question when you consider that Feschuck had no intention of letting Phil rattle off an answer about how the "team" needs to grow/come together/prove something/show character/everyone's accountable or whatever crap they teach in boardrooms behind closed sessions.

The point is the question and whom he asked it to.

Last edited:

Kessley Snipes*

Feschuck's not trying to get an answer.....

The point is that he's asking Phil about his coachability right after two sources implied that Phil's a concern when it comes to coaching....

He wanted to ask Phil specifically (not anyone else) and he meant for that question to be direct because he expected Phil to flat out deny it. (You're delusional if you think Phil would have pondered it and answered yes).

The point is the question and whom he asked it to.

Ask yourself this: what player in the league would answer yes to the question of whether or not he is uncoachable?

Then consider to yourself whether that is something which should even be asked. Furthermore, why does Ron Wilson get the benefit of the doubt. He was given his walking papers after failing to lead a pretty competent roster (sub goaltending and a competent PK) to the playoffs. Just maybe he has an axe to grind with a few players he sees as being responsible for his dismissal.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Ask yourself this: what player in the league would answer yes to the question of whether or not he is uncoachable?

Thanks for proving my point. Obviously no. If the answer is so obvious to everyone, including you, I, everyone on this forum, and everyone with a filter that thinks before they answer questions, then asking the question wasn't for the answer. There is rationale for asking a question even if you know the answer - and it's not for the answer.

Then consider to yourself whether that is something which should even be asked.

It should absolutely be asked when you consider the stories of his coachability surfacing prior to this media scrum. Was Feschuck supposed to ignore it?

Furthermore, why does Ron Wilson get the benefit of the doubt.
Wilson was his coach and can answer anything related to past experience with the player (Phil).

Just maybe he has an axe to grind with a few players he sees as being responsible for his dismissal.

Doesn't mean Feschuck immediately dismisses the comments and doesn't ask Phil as a followup.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It was an obvious troll question.

Feschuk is a passive-aggressive little weasel (who has a documented history of being such) and people who act like that deserve whatever reaction they get.

The Toronto media is in heaven right now. When things are going wrong these guys are happy as pigs in **** and completely in their element.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
TMZ level garbage

Nothing else. Maybe I'm getting old and jaded but man, media in general makes me sick to my stomach.

Parasites

Kessley Snipes*

Was Feschuck supposed to ignore it?

And thanks for missing mine.

No Feschuck has every right to ask whatever question he wants. The difference between hack reporting and responsible journalism is to phrase it in a way that will yield a productive answer rather than a soundbite.

Feschuck wants to get his name in the media and build his reputation. Considering the fact we are even talking about him shows how successful he is.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
TMZ level garbage

Nothing else. Maybe I'm getting old and jaded but man, media in general makes me sick to my stomach.

Parasites

Probably should consider not reading the sports section because it's not going away anytime soon. Or consider switching team or cities. In fact, I'm pretty sure that writing about what people want to read isn't exactly novel, so you might want to stop reading, listening, watching pretty much everything.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
No Feschuck has every right to ask whatever question he wants. The difference between hack reporting and responsible journalism is to phrase it in a way that will yield a productive answer rather than a soundbite.

Again, you're confusing Feschuck with Nellie Bly.

He's not into investigative journalism. He's following up two accounts of stories that have surfaced recently with a direct question that Phil can't give a massaged public-relations answer to.

You're expecting responsible journalism from a Leaf's beat reporter man. You don't see a problem with that ? He's not reporting on investigative journalism he's reporting on what someone said.

Much like Phil's on-ice performance you should temper your expectations against whom you're expecting from.

Get a grip.

Kessley Snipes*

Snipes,

Tell me about how Phil is a sick back checker

What's the point? You're clearly not receptive to any type of rational conversation based on my experiences with you in the past. Try watching a game and count how many times Phil is back in the zone before Tyler "Defensively responsible" Bozak.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Probably should consider not reading the sports section because it's not going away anytime soon. Or consider switching team or cities. In fact, I'm pretty sure that writing about what people want to read isn't exactly novel, so you might want to stop reading, listening, watching pretty much everything.

I'm generalizing of course.

There's tons of great material from great writers. It's just they all seem to go fir their big break by turning into a POS. Misery vampires. Attacking people when most vulnerable. They justify it to themselves as "asking the tough questions"

No. You're just a self serving ******* trying to get ahead at the expense of others

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
What's the point? You're clearly not receptive to any type of rational conversation based on my experiences with you in the past. Try watching a game and count how many times Phil is back in the zone before Tyler "Defensively responsible" Bozak.

Being back in the zone is different than being engaged and actively protecting your zone.

I've seen Phil multiple times reach our blueline before any other forward because he hovers around their blueline while the play is in the corner;

It's a shorter distance from their blueline to our blueline than it is from their corner to our blueline.

MugenSilverSiR

Jun 30, 2008
It's really fascinating how much credence some posters here have given to a bitter ex-coach who cannot get another job and a hack reporter who is one step above working for Sun News Media.

No wonder click-bait tabloids are favoured over professional journalism these days.

Agreed! Where are you videos Kessley?

Kessley Snipes*

Being back in the zone is different than being engaged and actively protecting your zone.

I've seen Phil multiple times reach our blueline before any other forward because he hovers around their blueline while the play is in the corner;

It's a shorter distance from their blueline to our blueline than it is from their corner to our blueline.

So it's Phil's job to be a 2 way centre now as well?

So far under the list of things Phil Kessel is responsible for I have:

General Manager: roster building
Head Coaching: defensive strategy
2 Way Centre

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
They justify it to themselves as "asking the tough questions"

It is a tough question though. Confronting and then asking and implying that Phil is the source of coaching issues and therefore the cause of Randy's release?

I'd have a problem doing it.

It's likely easier that he just writes about it rather than ask Phil directly.

I'm not excusing what Feschuck did but I don't agree that it was easy to ask or get the answer. Probably uncomfortable for both sides especially Phil.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I don't even have a problem with the question. Wait a day or 2 then ask. He went straight for the jugular while Phil was still processing the news himself.

Timing is everything

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
So it's Phil's job to be a 2 way centre now as well?

So far under the list of things Phil Kessel is responsible for I have:

General Manager: roster building
Head Coaching: defensive strategy
2 Way Centre

I don't even know where roster building and defensive strategies came from.

He was asked to play a defensive role and someone said he flat out disagreed.

The issue isn't that he doesn't want to build rosters and draw up defensive plans on his spare time. It's that people are saying he's uncoachable.

Is it too much to ask that he's coach-able because two people, have openly implied that he's not.

That's the issue. His backchecking aside, and I don't know how you can miss that he's brutal defensively, he's a guy that has possibly directly or indirectly caused the firing of a coach. Possibly two.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Feschuk got the answer he deserved, plain and simple. What else did he expect as a reaction? Hopefully he and some of his fellow media hacks are blacklisted by all Leaf players.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Give me a break man. First of all hissy fit is a little bit of a stretch. Actually a lot of a stretch.

Secondly what kind of question is "are you hard to work with?" It's a loaded and biased question with the guy asking it only wanting a reaction. It's bad journalism honestly.

But yes, Kessel is an awful human being, let's crucify him for standing up for himself with a reporter asking a completely dumb question.

You pull a Robert De Niro Taxi Driver, call a guy an idiot and end the press scrum and storm off on the same day your ex-coach calls you emotional and difficult on teammates, unreliable and inconsistent to the media. What more of a hissy fit do you want from a grown man, feet stomping? He basically pulled a Phil.

Maybe Kessel is a bad teammate. To me he deserves to be called out.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I don't even have a problem with the question. Wait a day or 2 then ask. He went straight for the jugular while Phil was still processing the news himself.

Timing is everything

He's not obligated to wait till Phil has adjusted and become acclimatized to the situation.

I don't know if it's mean or whatever to ask him such a direct question so soon after it's happened. But he's a big boy and he'll have to understand that media reporters don't really care about his feelings?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
He's not obligated to wait till Phil has adjusted and become acclimatized to the situation.

I don't know if it's mean or whatever to ask him such a direct question so soon after it's happened. But he's a big boy and he'll have to understand that media reporters don't really care about his feelings?

Of course he's not. But that's the difference between a considerate human vs a self serving POS

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Of course he's not. But that's the difference between a considerate human vs a self serving POS

Journalist generally won't wait to get a story when they're standing in the room with the article himself.

I think you're taking this to a personal level. Calling anyone a POS is unnecessary; the guy's doing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad