TSN: Feschuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Well it seems that d-bag Feschuk got his wish. He pulls that BS question to Kessel gets him to snap and now he is on TSN radio and that's hockey.

So what is his motive baiting kessell it's obvious he is looking for his 15 mins of fame on TV instead of print.

He has an axe to grind with Kessel and is trying to run him out of town.

As an older Leafs fan I saw the same thing over and over again. They did it with Larry Murphy and guess what he went on to be a big part of a few cups after he left here.

Just piss poor journalist in Toronto. Fans got to stop listening to them at least most of them cause their agenda is to stir the pot for their own personal well being. Most fans eat up what the media tells them and believe it to the the truth.

Is there any responsible media people in Toronto who provide objective criticism of the Leafs.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Well it seems that d-bag Feschuk got his wish. He pulls that BS question to Kessel gets him to snap and now he is on TSN radio and that's hockey.

So what is his motive baiting kessell it's obvious he is looking for his 15 mins of fame on TV instead of print.

He has an axe to grind with Kessel and is trying to run him out of town.

As an older Leafs fan I saw the same thing over and over again. They did it with Larry Murphy and guess what he went on to be a big part of a few cups after he left here.

Just piss poor journalist in Toronto. Fans got to stop listening to them at least most of them cause their agenda is to stir the pot for their own personal well being. Most fans eat up what the media tells them and believe it to the the truth.

Is there any responsible media people in Toronto who provide objective criticism of the Leafs.

There is if you like what they write....best one I have seen in a long time, you may not like it as it is not a article that supports Kessel

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...key-to-a-maple-leafs-rebuild/article22324810/

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Feschuk is a ****.

Example:

Can the Leafs win anything of significance if their pudgy designated goal scorer happily sports multiple chins

This is also a guy, in the same article, who advocating replacing Kessel with David Clarkson:

The Leafs are also certain to be among the suitors of David Clarkson, the impending unrestricted free agent with the New Jersey Devils. That Clarkson is Toronto-born and media-savvy doesn’t matter as much that he plays the wing with a Bruins-worthy heaviness and has scored 30 goals in a season.

So he's also stupid.

Ergo, he's a stupid ****.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
It's unfortunate that Kessel reacted the way he did, and I'm sure he regrets it; but I sure as hell don't blame him.

Feschuk is a well known serial ****.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
There is quite a discussion in the Kessel thread on this, but yes. The question was meant to get a rise out of a media shy player and he got his wish. Kessel will never be known for his interviewing skills and Feschuck took advantage of that.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Feschuk annoys me because he's either lying, or doesn't do his research and that is poor journalism.

For example, he's on Leafs lunch saying that he wants Kessel to be accountable, or how Kessel is never accountable.

Not even a full year has passed since Kessel took the ENTIRE blame for the end to last season. Not one of our other players took the heat like Kessel did, but of course, that's not accountability.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
There is if you like what they write....best one I have seen in a long time, you may not like it as it is not a article that supports Kessel

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...key-to-a-maple-leafs-rebuild/article22324810/

How does any media member knows what goes on behind closes doors of the dressing room. That is the biggest thing. This guy is blaming Phil saying people are following his lead. That is BS pure speculation .

I see David Booth on the ice earlier today skating with underhill. Santerelli work is well documented above and beyond practice. Can't question Winnik, Robidas work ethic.

So are some of the kids following Phil could be but that is why a coaching staff has to be the ultimate alpha dog in the room. They need to follow his leads and if not bye.

I know a former Leaf personally I grew up with him and still see him every year. He told me one time the Toronto media has no clue what goes on in their dressing room. He said they had reports of battles between certain players but he said they were best of friends off the ice just fiercely competitive on the ice and called each other out in public but left it on the ice.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach

Although I disagree with his point, I thought the article on the whole was pretty dumb.

"You don’t need to go out there in sackcloth and ashes, but you’re a terrible team, your leader just got the chop and you’re being filmed. Show some goddamned sense."

Uhhhhhhh OK. So they're supposed to cry about it? Who cares. These are pro players who seem to like each other. Why is them being chipper at practice a bad thing?

It's trash reporting like this where a guy is *looking* to find something where there isn't anything.

If the players were all frowning he'd probably write, "the players looked dejected and down. This is their time to prove their worth and all they did was sulk about their fired coach"

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
Feschuk annoys me because he's either lying, or doesn't do his research and that is poor journalism.

For example, he's on Leafs lunch saying that he wants Kessel to be accountable, or how Kessel is never accountable.

Not even a full year has passed since Kessel took the ENTIRE blame for the end to last season. Not one of our other players took the heat like Kessel did, but of course, that's not accountability.

So sad in recent years that so many people have bought into this ********* mentality that saying "I accept responsibility" is accountability. :laugh:

Politicians cream themselves over this kind of mind-blowing ignorance and gullibility.

People like Kessel probably think it's pretty damned amazing as well...

Shak19

Oct 31, 2007
Toronto
Kessel deserved it

If it was untrue, he could have just answered the question

That is what being a pro is all about, need to demonstrate leadership and he has none of it

Even what Ron Wilson said about Phil getting emotional, he did show that today or something so little as a stupid question, could have just answered and interview was over

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Kessel deserved it

If it was untrue, he could have just answered the question

That is what being a pro is all about, need to demonstrate leadership and he has none of it

"Yeah I'm uncoachable. Sucks for all my coaches to deal with me."

TRUE PRO!

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
So sad in recent years that so many people have bought into this ********* mentality that saying "I accept responsibility" is accountability. :laugh:

Politicians cream themselves over this kind of mind-blowing ignorance and gullibility.

People like Kessel probably think it's pretty damned amazing as well...

What?

Kessel Flat out said they missed the playoffs because of him and he needed to be better. That is showing accountability to his struggles from that season.

You heard all the generic stuff from the rest of the players.

If you think making yourself the lightning rod for all the criticism at that time not being accountable then that's you.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
What?

Kessel Flat out said they missed the playoffs because of him and he needed to be better. That is showing accountability to his struggles from that season.

You heard all the generic stuff from the rest of the players.

If you think making yourself the lightning rod for all the criticism at that time not being accountable then that's you.

Yet he comes to camp and states that I barely skated before camp and brags about it!

Easy to talk the talk, much harder to walk the walk!

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Yet he comes to camp and states that I barely skated before camp and brags about it!

Easy to talk the talk, much harder to walk the walk!

But then there are reports that he was one of the 3 most fit at camp(true or not who knows).

Maybe he only needs a certain amount of skating, I'm sure he knows his body more than anyone. It's not like he's missed a game at all in the last 5 years, despite playing a ton of hockey minutes against very tough opponents.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Although I disagree with his point, I thought the article on the whole was pretty dumb.

"You don’t need to go out there in sackcloth and ashes, but you’re a terrible team, your leader just got the chop and you’re being filmed. Show some goddamned sense."

Uhhhhhhh OK. So they're supposed to cry about it? Who cares. These are pro players who seem to like each other. Why is them being chipper at practice a bad thing?

It's trash reporting like this where a guy is *looking* to find something where there isn't anything.

If the players were all frowning he'd probably write, "the players looked dejected and down. This is their time to prove their worth and all they did was sulk about their fired coach"

Bottom line is their terrible play cost a guy his job.

If you have any pride, you should be disappointed and if it's a genuine feeling, it shows.

You think Jonathon Toews would be horsing around and laughing if his coach got sacked?

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach

If you have any pride, you should be disappointed and if it's a genuine feeling, it shows.

You think Jonathon Toews would be horsing around and laughing if his coach got sacked?

How they show their pride will happen when they play the Caps tomorrow. I'll wait for that rather than a two-bit reporter's assessment of their "feelings".

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

The only person responsible for Randy Carlyle being fired, is Randy Carlyle.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I don't understand what that author wants the team to do. Sulk because Carlyle was fired?

A great number of fans seem to be doing that, despite the fact it was what everyone wanted.

Anyway, I was wondering today why people like Feschuk (and Simmons as well) still get press credentials to cover this team year after year after year. Even when the team is having (albeit moderate) success, they'll still write negative columns or make up unsubstantiated rumours. I can't remember the last piece of news either of them broke or the last quality piece either of them have written.

Nobody is asking for every reporter to be Paul Hendricks. That would not be a good thing. Other reporters, however, have managed to criticize and be professional at the same time. The same cannot be said about these two.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Feschuck is a ****. It's basically vulture reporting and it sickens me. I hope they ban him from the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad