TSN: Feschuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Dave Feshchuk, Bruce Arthur and Steve Simmons are three of the biggest reasons of many why I have given the royal F U to TSN over the last few years.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Dave Feshchuk, Bruce Arthur and Steve Simmons are three of the biggest reasons of many why I have given the royal F U to TSN over the last few years.

They're close to TMZ than they are journalists. It's really sad that they're given a pass among the media. Simmons is just god awful.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
What's wrong with the Kelly article? Kessel has been singled out for not wanting to talk after a game? That's fine that fans excused him for that but now a previous coach had negative comments to offer. Don't you see a pattern there? So, when you say 'Kelly is not in the dressing rooom' what about actual personnel who was?!?

If you don't like that article, what about this from the same paper who promotes a rebuilding theme?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...leafs-core-is-fatally-flawed/article22285598/

It's funny that on any given night the Leafs are playing lousy and Kessel is not doing much, many fans on here want him traded or are upset as they perceive he's not giving his all, but when a writer criticizes him, the writer is a POS. Well, so are you fans who seem to do a 180 - yep, bipolar Leaf fans are always illogical. :)

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Maybe a blessing in disguise. Hopefully he demands a trade if this continues.
Hopefully not, for the Leafs' sake. Never ends well for the team doing the trading.

The reporter wanted a reaction to sell newspapers but that doesn't change the fact that there are likely problems in the dressing room. Or that there is some entitlement going on. When you have two coaches canned and the previous one is saying something that echos the reporters' suspicions, something is wrong?

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Hopefully not, for the Leafs' sake. Never ends well for the team doing the trading.

The reporter wanted a reaction to sell newspapers but that doesn't change the fact that there are likely problems in the dressing room. Or that there is some entitlement going on. When you have two coaches canned and the previous one is saying something that echos the reporters' suspicions, something is wrong?

Addition by subtraction.

He's a negative on the ice. i won't speculate off the ice but it seems it from what Ron Wilson said yesterday. I've come to a point where i don't care for the return. Him and Phaneuf have to go. Even for close to nothing picks.

Because, worst case scenario the team plummets in the standings. And that's not such a bad thing if we finally pick high again.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Addition by subtraction.

He's a negative on the ice. i won't speculate off the ice but it seems it from what Ron Wilson said yesterday. I've come to a point where i don't care for the return. Him and Phaneuf have to go. Even for close to nothing picks.

Because, worst case scenario the team plummets in the standings. And that's not such a bad thing if we finally pick high again.

we aint gonna win a cup with him anyways ,but no good coach is gonna come here withe idea that he has no leadership ,just look a mike babcock answering questiions in edmonton last nite ,saying hes been blessed with good leadership ,he means that his star players are mature and are professionals ,
tie domi is freinds with larry tanebaum ,,,,,,how about kessel for max domi plus ?:yo::yo::yo:
bet columbus wouldnt bite

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
we aint gonna win a cup with him anyways ,but no good coach is gonna come here withe idea that he has no leadership ,just look a mike babcock answering questiions in edmonton last nite ,saying hes been blessed with good leadership ,he means that his star players are mature and are professionals ,
tie domi is freinds with larry tanebaum ,,,,,,how about kessel for max domi plus ?:yo::yo::yo:
bet columbus wouldnt bite

i thought max was arizona (phoenix) property. but i was thinking about this the entire and especially on the last game of WJC. I would so do a kessel for domi trade. in a second. obviously most here would think that max is unproven, etc. i don't care i would've done it.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Maybe a blessing in disguise. Hopefully he demands a trade if this continues.

I always found it odd that he wanted to be here in the first place given his personality and the insane media we have. That said, he'd better not demand a trade, that'd kill his value.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Phil is just awkward in this kind of situation.

Maybe playing in a city where hockey is less popular and not the center of attention is a better environment for him?

Often wondered why he resigned here actually. He could make the same money elsewhere and avoid the scrutiny and all this nonsense.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Feschuck is a ****** and I don't condone what he did at all and Kessel while being awkward about it had every right to be pissed, if someone was coming strong at you like that.

With all that said, Kess needs to hear it. Guy seems to be exempt from criticism, ya he is partially to blame because when he struggles the team struggles. And it's the coaches job to get the best out of his players.

Plus it's obvious (play on the ice don't lie) that he's been half assing it and floating out there in this losing streak the Leafs are mired in.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Who cares if Phill is pissed. I'm sure a few teammates are pissed with his backchecking and lack of team play. Maybe the fans are pissed at the same bs over the last four years. The reporter is just a outlet for everything that is wrong in leafland.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Reporters in general don't cause a story; generally, they only report it. In this case, the answer isn't the story. The question is.

Kessel's reaction isn't really unexpected; it's the question that was from far left field.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Maybe a better question would have been "Phil do you think that your failure to listen to your coaches caused Carlyle to be fired?"

Oh wait that is the same question..... Why are you blaming the person who asked the right question? It has been reported by Waters that Kessel refused to try playing the Left side when asked by Carlyle and then Shanny. Then we have Wilson stated that Kessel is not coachable, as well as JSG who never named names but did say pond hockey will not work in the NHL. Spott at the start of the year stated that Kessel flat out said no to a new breakout.

Taking in all the above....yeah lets blame the person who asks the question that needs to be ask.

I will answer Phils question : Do you think it is my fault? Yes a big part of it!

Kessel is a POS.....the sooner he and his partner ( Dion ) goes the sooner we start to turn this around.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Yet he comes to camp and states that I barely skated before camp and brags about it!

Easy to talk the talk, much harder to walk the walk!
And yet Phil is the only guy at ppg pace on the roster,top 10 in the league in points ,and 8th in goals . Yet people still insist on how out of shape , fat or whatever he is and thats why he'll never amount to anything and that he wont keep it up. Which is odd considering he's gotten better every year he's played with the Leafs. 112 goals , 143 assists ,and 255 points for the past 4 seasons in 252 games. I don't get how people can still argue against him , all because he doesn't play like Eric Lindros , therefore he sucks

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I don't understand what that author wants the team to do. Sulk because Carlyle was fired?

Lots of folks sulking around these parts about the media. If only we were half as outraged by our crappy team then we are by some writer we can easily ignore.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Maybe a better question would have been "Phil do you think that your failure to listen to your coaches caused Carlyle to be fired?"

That's like someone asking you if you should have punched your wife that hard.

It's a loaded question based on an unjustified assumption. It's unethical journalism.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
And yet Phil is the only guy at ppg pace on the roster,top 10 in the league in points ,and 8th in goals . Yet people still insist on how out of shape , fat or whatever he is and thats why he'll never amount to anything and that he wont keep it up. Which is odd considering he's gotten better every year he's played with the Leafs. 112 goals , 143 assists ,and 255 points for the past 4 seasons in 252 games. I don't get how people can still argue against him , all because he doesn't play like Eric Lindros , therefore he sucks

He is a freelancer.....if you have a player who will not play within the structure of the team, you have no team! To quote Kessel "right".

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Is "the truth hurts" applicable here?

The most painful and hurtful thing you can do to someone doesn't necessarily involve deception; it usually involves telling the truth.

Who is telling the truth here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad