TSN: Feschuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
But then there are reports that he was one of the 3 most fit at camp(true or not who knows).

Maybe he only needs a certain amount of skating, I'm sure he knows his body more than anyone. It's not like he's missed a game at all in the last 5 years, despite playing a ton of hockey minutes against very tough opponents.

He is not walking the walk.....has he done anything on the ice to prove he wants to be a difference maker.....not at all....he has been at his worse.

Add in the refusal to change sides and his reaction to a new breakout that did not see him flying the zone.....and all he has done is provide lip services and you lined up for a second helping.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Yup, that's an objective article.

My favorite is this article is being regarded as impartial and well-written by some yet it contains this:

"You just had to sell the idea that the locker room was not the world capital of dysfunction for one more day. Kessel couldn’t manage it."

Right because Cathal Kelly knows that locker room.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Agreed. Objective while being pointed, and supporting positions with clear examples.

A rarity amongst the Toronto media to get something that eloquent.

That's because Cathal Kelly is a good writer. I hate negative for negatives sake, but if you have a point and can be positive where it warrants it, I enjoy it.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
My favorite is this article is being regarded as impartial and well-written by some yet it contains this:

"You just had to sell the idea that the locker room was not the world capital of dysfunction for one more day. Kessel couldn’t manage it."

He didn't say whether it was or not, just that Kessel needed to sell the idea it was functional. Now everyone whether they know it or not will believe otherwise.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Bottom line is their terrible play cost a guy his job.

If you have any pride, you should be disappointed and if it's a genuine feeling, it shows.

You think Jonathon Toews would be horsing around and laughing if his coach got sacked?

It says more to me that Carlyle lost the room. Jonathon Toews wouldn't be horsing around because his coach lead him to two Stanley Cups, not the same deal.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
How many coaches do we need to go through with this core before people realize the problem is not behind the bench?

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
What?

Kessel Flat out said they missed the playoffs because of him and he needed to be better. That is showing accountability to his struggles from that season.

You heard all the generic stuff from the rest of the players.

If you think making yourself the lightning rod for all the criticism at that time not being accountable then that's you.

It's always easier to say you take accountability than it is to actually do so. If he truly meant what he said, we would have made some changes, wouldn't he?

Durkin67

Well it seems that d-bag Feschuk got his wish. He pulls that BS question to Kessel gets him to snap and now he is on TSN radio and that's hockey.

So what is his motive baiting kessell it's obvious he is looking for his 15 mins of fame on TV instead of print.

He has an axe to grind with Kessel and is trying to run him out of town.

As an older Leafs fan I saw the same thing over and over again. They did it with Larry Murphy and guess what he went on to be a big part of a few cups after he left here.

Just piss poor journalist in Toronto. Fans got to stop listening to them at least most of them cause their agenda is to stir the pot for their own personal well being. Most fans eat up what the media tells them and believe it to the the truth.

Is there any responsible media people in Toronto who provide objective criticism of the Leafs.

Mike Zeissberger. He gets that its the game that matters, not who is talking about it. Probably the best of the bunch

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
How many coaches do we need to go through with this core before people realize the problem is not behind the bench?

I'd like to see what we could do with just 1 good one. If we suck with Babcock, we can blow it up.

Keep in mind that Wilson still doesn't have a job, and you can bet that this was Randy's last kick at the can for a long while. These two aren't exactly prized gems.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Yes, I know the denotation. Do you know the connotation?

Why was that quote the one you choose? I think it perfectly described the situation and was not a attempt to inject some hidden meaning as you are suggesting.

Maybe you have a better description of his laugh.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Just 1 good one. If we suck with Babcock, we can blow it up.

Keep in mind that Wilson still doesn't have a job, and you can bet that this was Randy's last kick at the can for a long while.

I wouldn't hire any coaches fired from the Leafs too, who would want someone who has questionable intelligence?:laugh:

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
Why even pay attention to Feshchuk? From now on the best way to get back at him is to completely black list him. If know one reads what he writes, does he really even write at all?

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
It's always easier to say you take accountability than it is to actually do so. If he truly meant what he said, we would have made some changes, wouldn't he?

Okay I get what you are saying about it being easing to say things than to actually do them. But then you say "IF he truly meant what he said, we would have made some changes, couldn't he?

Quite confused here- trying to say Phil should have led the team and us by example? :help:

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Okay I get what you are saying about it being easing to say things than to actually do them. But then you say "IF he truly meant what he said, we would have made some changes, couldn't he?

Quite confused here- trying to say Phil should have led the team and us by example? :help:

the "we" was a typo.

It's easy to say you take responsibility for a mistake, but actually making a change is what matters.

DeathToAllButMetal

Let it all burn.
May 13, 2010

He's a hell of a lot closer to it than you or me or anyone else on this board. And how much more doubt do you need to have? Kessel is the top player on the Leafs; he's clearly a top dog in the dressing room. What he says and does matters in a huge way, as it always has with the best players in any dressing or locker room anywhere ever.

Also, how on earth can so many people here be attacking the media today? Who the **** cares what Feschuk asks Kessel? Who the ****ing **** cares what Cathal Kelly writes? The bottom line is that this team is rotten from the core out, and major changes need to be made. Sorry to break this to you all, but the media didn't cause the collapse last season, the Boston debacle, the pathetic loss in Winnipeg on Saturday night, or anything else. It's about Kessel and Phaneuf, most notably. I can't believe that anyone would still defend either of them, as they're the leaders on a team best known for getting outplayed and outshot on a nightly basis and seemingly never giving a **** about anything.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

Coaching was part of the problem. Not the entire problem, but part of it. Carlyle absolutely had to go. This firing was way overdue.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I can't believe the stir this hack of a writer has caused, this is seriously the reason we can't have nice things. If Dave had phrased the question in an even remotely respectable manor, and Phil reacted the way he did regardless, THEN maybe that is a major knock on Phil.

Something as simple as "where do you think the blame lies?" Or, "How will things be different under a new coach?". Instead he says "You are the best player on the team so it's your fault". Not even a question people, he made a stupid remark and rightfully got blasted.

As for Carlyle, firing was WAY over due. This team isn't a legit contender but when dressing a full line up they are much better then they have been playing. Almost all players on this team have the ability to be decent to good possession players and play much better team defense.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
As they say on the Newsroom, 'Journalism used to be a calling, not a career'. Feschuk is a joke, a hack and a disgrace to a profession that at one point used to be honorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad