Not open for further replies.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Good for Lando. Just don't do anything crazy like score against Wings

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I've never understood this kind of comment. Helm with hands and a bit more size (which is what Larkin would have been, by that description) would be an amazing player, and certainly a top six guy.

I was being a little facetious, though Helm with hands sounds like a turd with polish.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I never got the Ferraro love. He is certainly not as fast as everyone made out. I would put him on the same speed length as Glendening. Either way, its nothing to lose sleep over. Andersson is probably in his last season as a Red Wing or he will end up like Lashoff down in the A.

At the very worst, Jurco will find a permanent spot on the 4th line soon. Maybe with Sheahan alongside him if he doesnt pick up his play soon.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Yup. He was willing, but he just couldn't hold up physically. His skating ability, much like Brendan Smith's was overrated coming up as a prospect and that lack of elite speed can't compensate for his lack of size. He's a good skater, but not the great skater he was touted to be.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Not at all fussed by this. Guy was a 14th forward and borderline NHLer. Shame he didn't work out, I hoped he could be a Maltby 2.0 with his speed, defensive play and agitating, but it didn't work out.

Just means AA/Mantha are more likely to get a call up next time we have some injuries.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Really cant see logic of keeping Andersson over ferraro.
Both have hands of stone, Anderssson is a decent faceoff man I guess but Ferraro is fast and seemed to play a fair bit more physical.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Really cant see logic of keeping Andersson over ferraro.
Both have hands of stone, Anderssson is a decent faceoff man I guess but Ferraro is fast and seemed to play a fair bit more physical.

Andersson has always raised his level on playoff hockey. Net-front ability, faceoffs, winger/center position and penalty killing. Andersson is just better utility player and perfect to sit on the bench and jump in if there's injuries. Andersson was Blashill's 1st line center on the championship team so I think he is pretty high on him. Also, Babcock praised Andersson about his system smarts, so I think he is important player behind the scenes. Coache's player, who gets the message for guys who'll actually play.

No news that Andersson is another new Cleary, which everybody hates and I'm writing positives about him in here. :)

Ferraro is the skinniest hockey guy I've ever seen without gear on lockerroom pictures/videos. Almost like me. My physical build is absolute non-fit for hockey, and so will be Ferraro's. :)

Good luck for him replacing injured Chris Kelly & Max Talbot. There's some penalty kill duty open at Bruins so they don't have to use their main guys (BErgeron, Eriksson, Marchand, Krejci) on the PK that much.

I'm 99% sure Ferraro will score a shortie against Wings on the next meeting at it will be his 1st season goal. :)

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I guess with Helm as the 4th line RW, the Wings could take a chance and send down Ferraro. Next in line, should injuries arise to the bottom 6, would be Callahan for wingers (after Jurco, of course) and Athanasiou for C.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I guess with Helm as the 4th line RW, the Wings could take a chance and send down Ferraro. Next in line, should injuries arise to the bottom 6, would be Callahan for wingers (after Jurco, of course) and Athanasiou for C.

I honestly think they would call Nosek up and flip him out onto the wing before they would callup Cally. Also as much as people might hate it Tangradi is not playing poorly and could get a callup to be a fourth line banger should they get another rash of injuries. I just don't think Callahan skates well enough for the NHL level. We will see, he would be a fan favorite if he could ever get here at least for a few games before the warts started to become pretty glaring in my opinion.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's like an unwritten rule every Wing that leaves has to do really, really good immediately afterwards. They all eventually cool off, but seriously, look at all the minor guys that were either traded or put on waivers that started immediately with a bunch of points on their new teams.

Brandel*

It's like an unwritten rule every Wing that leaves has to do really, really good immediately afterwards. They all eventually cool off, but seriously, look at all the minor guys that were either traded or put on waivers that started immediately with a bunch of points on their new teams.

Kind of true with the players off the top of my head: Quincey had 38 points the year he was claimed, Leino 21 pts in 19 games in the playoffs the year he was traded and 53 pts the following season, Nestrasil had 18 pts in 41 games the year he was claimed. But both Leino and Nestrasil weren't NHL regulars not long after and Quincey is back. Might be missing others who were claimed/traded recently but holds up for those i remember.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ferraro is in the dark horse calder race now.

No wonder why Holland keeps them forever, as soon as they go. They produce.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Not that he is a huge factor but other players should have went before him. Wish him the best at finding a role in the bigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad