Confirmed with Link: Ferraro claimed by Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandel*

Good for him getting to stay in the NHL. Out next game is vs. Boston

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Center depth. With cap hell that Detroit's in they have winger depth but almost no center depth.

I see plenty of center depth, Andersson is only center depth for the 4th line. I have the following over Andersson:

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Sheahan
Larkin
Glendening
AA
Helm
Richards
Hell, even Nosek is over Andersson

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Center depth. With cap hell that Detroit's in they have winger depth but almost no center depth.

Has Andersson actually played center in more than maybe one game? When he has been in he has been mostly deployed on the wing. I get that he has that capability, Landon has played center before as well at other levels.

Andersson is kept because he is coaching trustworthy. He does everything he is supposed to and has worked on whatever they told him. He also has experience sitting for long stretches drawing in and carrying out his job without complaint.

I am guessing that has more to do with it than his future at center where they don't play him a lot anymore.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Maybe I'm missing something, but why did we waive Ferraro and keep Andersson?

I said the same thing in another thread. But in the end, they are the 14th forward so it makes very little difference on a team whose main problems are on the back end. Especially if Helm is now back on the 4th line with everyone healthy, the 4th line is pretty fine with him and Glen and Miller.

Good luck to Ferraro.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Maybe I'm missing something, but why did we waive Ferraro and keep Andersson?

Why is keeping Ferarro over Andersson such a no-brainer? One is above-average skater who gets consistently rag-dolled along the boards. The other is one of the worst skaters in the league who can sometimes win along the boards and in front of the net. Ferarro is a bit younger and less expensive; Andersson has NHL experience at center. Flip a coin between the two of them; they're both borderline NHLers.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Why is keeping Ferarro over Andersson such a no-brainer? One is above-average skater who gets consistently rag-dolled along the boards. The other is one of the worst skaters in the league who can sometimes win along the boards and in front of the net. Ferarro is a bit younger and less expensive; Andersson has NHL experience at center. Flip a coin between the two of them; they're both borderline NHLers.

Speed > whatever Andersson supposedly brings. Plus, we've seen everything Andersson can do, I think Ferraro has been a bigger difference maker recently than Andersson has been.

But at the end of the day, they are both 4th liners, it's just a weird decision IMO.

BigBadBruins63*

Just wondering if you guys have a scouting report on him?

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Well, it's not like this is exactly what I said would happen.

Oh wait, it is.

Woods be much happier if the Bs were saddled with Andersson instead.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Speed > whatever Andersson supposedly brings. Plus, we've seen everything Andersson can do, I think Ferraro has been a bigger difference maker recently than Andersson has been.

But at the end of the day, they are both 4th liners, it's just a weird decision IMO.

On the plus side, it clears out some space for other call-ups. I like Nosek and Athanasiou more on size alone.

Just wondering if you guys have a scouting report on him?

Good skater, willing to get his nose dirty but doesn't necessarily have the body to do it effectively. Can PK, some whiffs of an offensive game but he's not his dad, 400+ goals is no where in his future. In the end, should turn out to be a good depth guy and who can eat some minutes on a lower line and PK. If he somehow fell into the absolute perfect situation, and his game grows a little, he could be a complementary top6 guy for two far better linemates, but absolutely everything would have to fall into place.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Ferraro must be feeling pretty bummed

He had a lifetime deal at over $4M annually coming his way until this

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I wish him well and am happy he is getting the chance to develop further at the NHL level.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013

A bigger difference maker, how exactly? He has one point in 24 career regular season and playoff games. His possession numbers are disastrous. He has already passed through waivers once before without being claimed. Aside from good (although hardly elite) skating ability I'm struggling to find any real positives for him. Is that more valuable than Andersson's size (along with largely all of the same deficiencies)? I don't really know, but I don't think it's an obvious call either way.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I see plenty of center depth, Andersson is only center depth for the 4th line. I have the following over Andersson:

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Sheahan
Larkin
Glendening
AA
Helm
Richards
Hell, even Nosek is over Andersson

Larkin has been used as wing and he wouldn't go to the fourth line in case of bottom 6 center injury. Helm has been used as a wing, Sheahan has been a trainwreck as a center this season. So basically I should have said 'bottom 6 center depth'. So the only other option is AA and they are at the roster limit after waiving Ferraro, so AA is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino