Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #2

Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Subban for me and it's not close (he was my #1 as well). I like Markov and Koivu a ton and they were my favourite players growing up but Subban was just such a special player as a Hab. He's maybe only matched by Kovalev in my lifetime as far as pure flair/panache and he had such a long history of scoring absolutely massive goals with the Habs. It's just sad that he's gone and the Habs really miss him from both an on-ice and pure drama/entertainment perspective. Dude just lived rent-free in the Bruins heads and the Habs absolutely owned that rivalry until he got traded.

P.K. Subban crushes Marchand 12/16/10

P.K. Subban Goal (1) - Round 1 / Game 2 - Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 17-04-2015

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Kovalev, add Cammalleri

Also, this post is about post-93 Habs which for Roy means from the 93 Cup win to his trade to Colorado. I think people remember him more for the years prior and after that period, except of course for the famous Roy-Corey-Tremblay interaction that led to the trade.

Habs historians, what was your favorite moment from Roy in that timeframe?

Not a moment.

Ten straight OT wins.

Let the Yotes and Caps play ten times in a row where 1st goal wins and I say that the Caps do not win 10 in a row.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I think People really really really really hate Subban....

Markov with 26%? Like really?

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
All time favorite player is Patrick Roy so obviously he's my pick.

After that it's Kovalev and most recently Subban and Markov

Notice a pattern? It always end like shit with our bests.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Why? I think everyone is split between Markov/Subban on 2nd...the loser will get #3 as a "consolation prize"

They're both well liked, and rightfully so.

C'mon Markov was good but PK was on another level with us.

PK made the difference i can't understand how people forget or why do some choose to turn a blind eye on what he has achieved here.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Subban for me and it's not close (he was my #1 as well). I like Markov and Koivu a ton and they were my favourite players growing up but Subban was just such a special player as a Hab. He's maybe only matched by Kovalev in my lifetime as far as pure flair/panache and he had such a long history of scoring absolutely massive goals with the Habs. It's just sad that he's gone and the Habs really miss him from both an on-ice and pure drama/entertainment perspective. Dude just lived rent-free in the Bruins heads and the Habs absolutely owned that rivalry until he got traded.

P.K. Subban crushes Marchand 12/16/10

P.K. Subban Goal (1) - Round 1 / Game 2 - Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 17-04-2015

This is pure clutchness.... He was the Center we never had, he was the BEST NHL D we were always looking for, he was the BEST PLAYER of the team, He was the heart and SOUL of the habs.

PK is a legend. We waited 20 years for a guy like him to come around.... now hes gone.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
C'mon Markov was good but PK was on another level with us.

PK made the difference i can't understand how people forget or why do some choose to turn a blind eye on what he has achieved here.

This isn't a poll of who's better. If it were then he would 100% go before Markov. It's for favourites.

Markov was with us for a long time, some of us grew an attachment to him, nothing wrong with that. PK was deffs also a fan favorite despite being here for a shorter time period.

Both are deserving of going early in this poll, wouldn't you agree?

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
This isn't a poll of who's better. If it were then he would 100% go before Markov. It's for favourites.

Markov was with us for a long time, some of us grew an attachment to him, nothing wrong with that. PK was deffs also a fan favorite despite being here for a shorter time period.

Oh absolutely... PK is definitively a fan favorite though, just based on the numbers of jerseys he sold.

I find there's a resentment and an under appreciation of his talent and what he actually did and had to go through when he was here.
Coach publicly throwing him under the bus, media creating all kinds of bs about his rep in the locker room.

They don't even judge the hockey player, they judge him based on stuff they don't even know if its true or not.

But any way thats just my opinion.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Oh absolutely... PK is definitively a fan favorite though, just based on the numbers of jerseys he sold.

I find there's a resentment and an under appreciation of his talent and what he actually did and had to go through when he was here.
Coach publicly throwing him under the bus, media creating all kinds of bs about his rep in the locker room.

They don't even judge the hockey player, they judge him based on stuff they don't even know if its true or not.

Or people just like the best goaltender in history better.

Or even the longest tenured defenseman in decades. Pk has yet to outscore Markovs best season btw. Pre-injury, post lockout Markov was a beauty. Easily the most underrated defenseman of those years.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Or people just like the best goaltender in history better.

Or even the longest tenured defenseman in decades. Pk has yet to outscore Markovs best season btw. Pre-injury, post lockout Markov was a beauty. Easily the most underrated defenseman of those years.

Definitively. However did Markov had to go through the BS PK and Koivu went through?

I doubt that and at the end of the day I think thats what makes those 2 players special .

boboche

Oct 11, 2017
Los Altos, CA
Markov for me.

I believe Andrei is underrated nhl wide and by habs fans too. His defensive game in particular, I'll never forget how he shut down Joe Thornton in those Boston playoffs.

Reactions: DAChampion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Kinda like they do with Price ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Even so, I wouldn't say it's black and white. Pre-injury Markov was every bit as a top 5 defender as 13-16 Subban was.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Just a short list of players I liked but that can't be good enough for that list : Quintal, Kostopoulos, Steve Bégin, Mark Strait, Dominic Moore, Maxim Lapierre and James Wisnieuwsky.

I wonder why Habs had good grinders or 3 or 4th line players that were good and they traded them for about nothing. All the time I was thinking ok Habs are perfect with the 3 and 4th line, let's concentrate on improving first and second line. But no they had to rebuilt no 3 and 4 line again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad