Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #2

Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Markov. Didn't vote for 1st but in retrospective I would have voted Koivu. Such a great warrior and we so miss a presence like him on this team. I hope someday he becomes President of Hockey Operations for us.

Reactions: DAChampion

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So I went Kovalev because he the most electrifying player we have had since even before 1993. There are several other guys that I would have as being more of a" favourite".

This organization has settled for decades now for this soul numbing defensive garbage that neither wins Cups or entertains. Now I get that the most elite skill guys generally go in the very first few picks, but that has not meant that terrific skilled players have not been available to us, we just have not picked them.

Kovalev was just a killer. D backs off, Kovalev moves to net and picks off the corner. D moves in or stands still, Kovalev goes around them and goes to the net. This guy really could stick handle in a phone booth, he really could. Watching him move around the O zone at will with the opposing team running around trying to cover was a thing of beauty.

Lots of jumping out of the seat with this guy. The Habs should try having players like this more often, even if they are shaky defensively. Fun, fun and fun.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I would have to say PK has been my second favourite to watch, especially in the playoffs, followed by Kovalev/Markov.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This one is tough between Markov and Kovalev...I'm going with Alexei Kovalev

Add Plekanec

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
PK, closely followed by Kovalev and Markov. Surprised at the lack of Roy votes, mind you I didn't get to see him with us but thought he'd be among the unanimous picks.

Reactions: DAChampion

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Kovalev, add Cammalleri

There's no reason for anybody aged ~30 or younger to vote for Roy.
Also, this post is about post-93 Habs which for Roy means from the 93 Cup win to his trade to Colorado. I think people remember him more for the years prior and after that period, except of course for the famous Roy-Corey-Tremblay interaction that led to the trade.

Habs historians, what was your favorite moment from Roy in that timeframe?

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
PK, closely followed by Kovalev and Markov. Surprised at the lack of Roy votes, mind you I didn't get to see him with us but thought he'd be among the unanimous picks.
I said in the previous poll and still maintain that anyone who was on the 93 Cup winning team should not be included on this list because they have the unfair advantage of having actually accomplished something. The only exemption I would make is Brisebois, since he was a rookie in 93 and did nothing except imperil our chances to win that year. In every subsequent year he was a symbol of the ongoing futility of this once-great franchise.

And he didn't get any votes in the last poll so nobody misses him anyway.

This poll should be reserved for players who performed well individually on teams that sucked or underachieved collectively. For me, the "post 93 era" pertains to players who had no part in the Cup win of 93, not merely players who were still around in 93-94.

Reactions: PhysicX

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I said in the previous poll and still maintain that anyone who was on the 93 Cup winning team should not be included on this list because they have the unfair advantage of having actually accomplished something. The only exemption I would make is Brisebois, since he was a rookie in 93 and did nothing except imperil our chances to win that year. In every subsequent year he was a symbol of the ongoing futility of this once-great franchise.

And he didn't get any votes in the last poll so nobody misses him anyway.

This poll should be reserved for players who performed well individually on teams that sucked or underachieved collectively. For me, the "post 93 era" pertains to players who had no part in the Cup win of 93, not merely players who were still around in 93-94.

A legitimate argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad