Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #2

Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I think he would of done just as good, Halak was playing 60 mins a game and Subban about 30 mins. He was on a special bubble at that time, what ever success we had it was on him 100%. People forget that he's not a big goalie so what he did was HUGE.

What he did in 2010 had a tremendous impact on Carey's future with the habs.

If anything it made Carey a much better goalie. I think you must put him starting round 3. I believe Halak wins #3.

The success wasnt 100% on Halak. You're completely disregarding other players who were all great in the first two rounds

And Halak #3 over one of PK or Markov and Kovy??? I dont think so.

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Im 39 and huge Markov fan... but I still picked PK.

Really? Ok. But, Markov was a stalwart for 16yrs. How does a flash in the pan trump and overshadow that? To each their own. I just don't get it. And PK is fantastic. But, Markov.. 79 could be retired.. imo

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
The success wasnt 100% on Halak. You're completely disregarding other players who were all great in the first two rounds

And Halak #3 over one of PK or Markov and Kovy??? I dont think so.

# 2 is PK.

Yeah I do think 2010 gave us as habs fans more joy and things to remember...

Kovy was great but I think most fans would take Halak success over kovalev.

Of course Halak wasn't the only player playing but we had a choice to play Price or Halak and every time Price was in the nets we lost the games (playoffs). This is why I say that the 2010 success was on Halak.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Really? Ok. But, Markov was a stalwart for 16yrs. How does a flash in the pan trump and overshadow that? To each their own. I just don't get it. And PK is fantastic. But, Markov.. 79 could be retired.. imo

I would be baffled if Markov's 79 is retired before Subban's 76.

One guy won a Norris with 2 ECF and played 7 (i think) ELITE years from the start and the other guy was great but no Norris, was not a top D right away.

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Cmon now. 76 retired at all is an asinine scenario. No post 93 players are worthy of jersey retirement besides Koivu and Markov. And eventually Price. Aaand perhaps Weber if he has Chelios longevity.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Problem with Markov over PK: sure Markov wins for longevity with the team and staying even when we sucked BUT PK was the much better playoff performer and it's not even close. And PK was better in his prime than Markov was.

Reactions: Genesis76

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Cmon now. 76 retired at all is an asinine scenario. No post 93 players are worthy of jersey retirement besides Koivu and Markov. And eventually Price. Aaand perhaps Weber if he has Chelios longevity.

Koivu yes....absolutly

Markov...no way

Price...depends how he does the upcoming 8 years.

Subban? Absolutly eyes closed. If you dont see it now thats ok, youi will realise in 2-3 years.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The older fans don't want to see any post-1993 players retired.

But let's be real, the guys who got their jerseys retired from the 1970s, like Bob Gainey and Martin Lapointe, largely did well because they played in a smaller and weaker league. If they came up on today's Habs they would not achieve a dynasty.

Another bad argument that people is that "pretty soon, we'll run out of numbers". No, they won't run out of numbers.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Markov is tied 2nd all-time in points by a Canadiens defenseman. The personal preference of Subban over Markov is understandable. But to deny that 79 is retirement worthy and that Subban should be a lock.. I think that is a pigeon whole perspective and an irrational bias. PK's persona & accolades don't propel him past Markov in Canadiens lore. I'm sorry to disappoint you ahead of time. Bests.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Kovalev. I know he's polarizing but I really enjoyed watching him play. But it's really tough to choose between him, PK, Price and Markov

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think he would of done just as good, Halak was playing 60 mins a game and Subban about 30 mins. He was on a special bubble at that time, what ever success we had it was on him 100%. People forget that he's not a big goalie so what he did was HUGE.

What he did in 2010 had a tremendous impact on Carey's future with the habs.

If anything it made Carey a much better goalie. I think you must put him starting round 3. I believe Halak wins #3.

Don't think Halak wins #3.

But, I completely agree with point previous to that one. That competition and Price seeing a late round pick stealing the spotlight from him, what it meant to him and what it meant to Halak is what I think was a huge turnaround in Price becoming more professional in his approach.

Ultimately, it made him what he was from 2010 until last year. He regressed last year though, reminded me of the 2009 Price.

Reactions: Genesis76

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
In fact can't you put as many names as you want? why limit your self?

And to the guy who deosn't want Halak, I bet he would of traded Subban for Weber 1v1 and would of had Galchenyuk play as a winger. I bet he would have DD as his no1 Centerman, I'm I right?

Is there any sense to be made out of this post?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Don't think Halak wins #3.

But, I completely agree with point previous to that one. That competition and Price seeing a late round pick stealing the spotlight from him, what it meant to him and what it meant to Halak is what I think was a huge turnaround in Price becoming more professional in his approach.

Ultimately, it made him what he was from 2010 until last year. He regressed last year though, reminded me of the 2009 Price.

Price was also a very, very young man at that point.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
i'm shocked Koivu won #1 tbh.

I like him a lot and stuff but not as favorite. I thought for sure Subban would win.

Voted Subban here. Damphousse/Price/Roy next.

I like Markov fine - but he's so low key he kind of blends in the background. Not one of my favorites.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Problem with Markov over PK: sure Markov wins for longevity with the team and staying even when we sucked BUT PK was the much better playoff performer and it's not even close. And PK was better in his prime than Markov was.

PK better than Markov in his prime? LOL Sorry, 1) PK is in his prime now. 2)Markov an was incredible playoff performer, let's see if PK can be remotely as good as Markov at 35.

PK would have not sniffed the Norris in a world where Lidstrom and Neids existed either.

Reactions: MXD

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
PK better than Markov in his prime? LOL Sorry, 1) PK is in his prime now. 2)Markov was incredible playoff performer, let's see if PK can be remotely as good as Markov at 35.

PK would have not sniffed the Norris in a world where Lidstrom and Neids existed either.
Markov was arguably #6-8 in the league in his prime. Subban has one Norris and has been a #3-7 D in the league since 2013. Also, if Markov was incredible playoff performer (which is a ballsy thing to say), how would you describe PK's performance then?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->