Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #2

Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think I might have to start voting strategically, since I doubt Damphousse is winning any time soon. Might have to go back to Kovalev next round.

Come to think of it... Once Markov makes it, Damphousse becomes a real interesting choice. Could even be as soon as next round.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Roy alone made me follow the avalanche 20 years ago. He's my #2. Price is #3, Subban is #4 for me.

out of curiosity did you follow Nash and will you follow the next team Price goes to as well?

I just find it interesting thats all not a knock on your picks.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
out of curiosity did you follow Nash and will you follow the next team Price goes to as well?

I just find it interesting thats all not a knock on your picks.

I was young with Roy and unlike other two he’s one of the best all time. Subban and Price are good but not top 5 in their position all time so...

I don’t care about Nashville. Good team but they mean nothing to me. I used to pretend I was Patrick Roy playing street hockey. I never pretended I was Subban or Price.

Reactions: Genesis76

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I was young with Roy and unlike other two he’s one of the best all time. Subban and Price are good but not top 5 in their position all time so...

I don’t care about Nashville. Good team but they mean nothing to me. I used to pretend I was Patrick Roy playing street hockey. I never pretended I was Subban or Price.

Roy was my idol too, growing up. He made his debut when I was around 6-7 y/old. I do remember that cup, although not as clearly as 93. I remember the 89 run as I was 10 at the time. 14 when they won the cup in 93. Finished my year end exam in a rush to go see the parade downtown. I was bordering on 16 when he got traded.

I also saw every one of his runs, succesful or not, with the Avs.

Still... PK was something I had been waiting for a long time. Question of preference. Still the poll is about post-93 Habs players. Roy was there for two seasons and less than a half, post-93. They sucked in the playoffs after 93. Got manhandled by Neely, Bourque and the Bruins. If I consider those 30 months of Roy, he doesn't rank as high as some others, for me.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Love Markov but so far Gallagher. He puts 100% in every shift. Obviously doesn’t have the greatest skill set but I just like someone who puts effort in. Obviously Damphousse was pretty handy

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I don't think people realize how good Markov was and how he carried the team at times. Ohh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad