Favorite lesser-known enforcers?

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
Dennis "the menace" Bonvie also, Jim Cummins was a very good fighter not always thought of. Dody Wood was a badass... going with the 90's here. I liked denny lambert and steve webb when my rangers were using them as punching bags lol.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I remember Dennis Bonvie! Many custom (I really miss Blomman's editor) rosters for NHL 2000 or 2001 had his stats buffed up to 83 or even more even though the stats under the hood were like 57-60! This to staple him to Marios wing :D

He won the Selke for me a couple of time, because Mario was so overpowered so Dennis +/- was through the roof and he couldn't score...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I believe Lucic edged him out too if my memory is correct. I do like Peluso though...

Just re-watched it, looked like a draw to me with the refs jumping in early.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Troy Crowder. Not sure if he got any love earlier in the thread but he could throw with the best of them. His career was done early due to a bad back. Also, I am convinced he wore a boys medium helmet, I don't think I ever saw it come off in a fight.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Sasha Lakovic was always one of my favorites. Being from Las Vegas I watched him a lot when he played for the Thunder, had some very entertaining scraps, including a brawl where he came out of the dressing room to re-join the fight. Also the guy who jumped the boards after a fan dumped his drink on the coaches head when he played for Calgary.

Unfortunately he died from brain cancer in 2017. RIP Basha!

Last edited:

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Kelly Buchberger. not the biggest or toughest, but such a willing fighter ! career high 234 PM his first full season with the Oilers during their Battle Of Alberta days !

Reactions: FMichael and Jedub

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I wish Link Gaetz had a longer career.

65 NHL games 412 penalty mins. That's legendary...

Also.. Draft day he showed up with two black eyes because he got in a bar fight (apparently)

DgVlboEU8AAjdJ-.jpg

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
While he's not a favorite - I feel he's gotten his nose dirtied (pun intended) on numerous occasions was Bryan Marchment...May not have been a good fighter, but was certainly game.
hqdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad