Favorite lesser-known enforcers?

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Darren McCarty (Red Wings) didn't fight often, but when he did, I don't think he lost a bout.
Dude was ferocious. I once saw him beat the living tar out of Tie Domi. That was fun :D

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Just a few with the Rangers

Loved when George McPhee would go.. he was always way undersized but he was one tough sob.

Nicky Fotiu true enforcer , policeman. When he hit the ice generally there was action,, no time to go to the fridge.

Darren Langdon was a slow starter but would keep going fought anyone stuck up for teammates..

So many others

Reactions: Lion Hound

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
A name I haven’t seen yet is Mike Keane and he had some epic fights as a middle weight.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Dody Wood, Robin Bawa, Shawn Antoski, Kerry Toporowski (drafted but never played in th NHL)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Sean McMorrow. I'm not sure how long of a stint he had in the NHL, but when he fought in Rochester he wouldn't hold back. The man would just throw jabs until he was tired out.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Not an enforcer but Svitov could absolutely dummy guys when he was mad.

The color guy puts Jack Edwards to shame. :laugh:

Different era, kid. This fight was back in 1987 and that’s pretty much how all the tv broadcasters for each and every team were back then, all homer all the time.

I guess you are talking about Derek Sanderson’s comments because there were 3 in the booth that year but I suppose it could have been O’Shea or Cusick. National broadcasts were not a thing in the US and larger regional cable stations like NESN were still in their infancy but I believe this game was from the local UHF station. Do you remember UHF channels? If you didn’t live in the area, you never would have heard the Bruins booth and you can thank youtube for ever hearing it in your life.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Different era, kid. This fight was back in 1987 and that’s pretty much how all the tv broadcasters for each and every team were back then, all homer all the time.

I guess you are talking about Derek Sanderson’s comments because there were 3 in the booth that year but I suppose it could have been O’Shea or Cusick. National broadcasts were not a thing in the US and larger regional cable stations like NESN were still in their infancy but I believe this game was from the local UHF station. Do you remember UHF channels? If you didn’t live in the area, you never would have heard the Bruins booth and you can thank youtube for ever hearing it in your life.

And then they had to walk uphill in the snow for 20 miles?

Yes yes I know about the UHF. It's one of my favorite movies. ;)

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown
Sasha Lakovic was always one of my favorites. Being from Las Vegas I watched him a lot when he played for the Thunder, had some very entertaining scraps, including a brawl where he came out of the dressing room to re-join the fight. Also the guy who jumped the boards after a fan dumped his drink on the coaches head when he played for Calgary.

Unfortunately he died from brain cancer in 2017. RIP Basha!

Definitely Sasha Lakovic RIP.

Also, Nick Fotiu and Rocky Thompson and Sandy McCarthy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad