Favorite lesser-known enforcers?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I personally saw Kimble take out about four huge guys in a bar fight in Northern, SK. Modano literally had to pull him out before the cops came and/or he killed someone.

My Best-Carey

I lived in PA back then for a few years and Kimble got in allot of bar fights. The guy loved to fight.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I saw this and just had to contribute.
Bob "Battleship" Kelly
Dennis Polonich
Kim Clackson
Terry Ruskowski
The Roberge brothers
Ronnie Stern
....and many more
Oh, and Doug the Thug Smith!

Great user name and my favorite hockey fighter of all time. Serge Roberge had an insane amount of fights in his career. One of the best technical fighters of all time.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Shout out to

Bennett Wolf

Val James

My old high school classmate Mel Hewitt

Zsswimmer

Mar 17, 2010
Georgia
I always thought Eric Boulton was an underrated enforcer. Obviously I was fan being a Thrashers fan, but he was never the biggest guy at 6 feet but had amazing bouts with guys like PJ stock and Colton Orr, and I dont ever remember him losing handily . If he did it was very rare.

The guy seemed to have a granite chin and went for the kinda style where guys weather the shots, tire em out and comeback strong

Reactions: Hagstrom and ps241

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
A mixed bag, tried to get some of my favorite under-the-radar sluggers from different eras (bit biased to my B's)....
Jeremy Reich
Rob DiMaio
Dean Malkoc
Jim Vandermeer
Wayne Cashman
Jamie Huscroft
Dan Maloney
Brad Brown
Steven Peat
Harold Snepts
Todd Gill
Kurt Fraser
Mike Fisher
Mark Janssens
Jay Rosehill
Lane MacDermid
Aaron Downey
Shane Churla

could go on and on and on !

Downey was the guy for me. Went undefeated in 2008 for the wings and won the cup with some awesome fights.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown
(Vetern minor league defenseman you did not want to piss off...)
A3O44DkCcAAZ7BE.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Washington Caps GM MacLellan was a guy that did not like fighting all that much, but he could sure throw them. He beat Larry Playfair in LA handily, Playfair was the unofficial champ at the time. I could not believe my eyes.

17 sec mark.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
As a Kings fan, I always had a soft spot for Kip Brennan and Ryan Flinn.

Kings fans always remember McSorley, Baumgartner and Grimson over the years but I liked Brennan and Flinn. They were both willing and just threw toe to toe. Both established themselves more in the AHL but still made an impact with me.

ScrewParros

Oct 30, 2018
People will laugh, but energy and enforcement wise Tanner Glass brought a lot to the New York Rangers when he was there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad