Confirmed with Link: Faulk & 5th to STL for Edmundson, Bokk, 2021 7th

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Huh?

I guess it's a good move. I did like Edmundson.

I wonder what the boys in the room are saying.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don’t know how St. Louis would feel about trading Bortuzzo to a rival, but I would be interested in him from San Jose’s perspective.
I think he's the 7th man, and stays on the roster. Since the salary retention put the Blues under the Cap after the Faulk move, I think the roster is pretty set here.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Faulk gets a ton of criticism, but he was #2 on TOI, can eat a bunch of minutes.

It’s crazy, I have his autograph from the Checkers and from the Hurricanes.

Till we meet in the final ;)

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Im not so sure why everyone assumes this means Petro is gone? If he is a 10 mil/yr player, they "only" have to pay him an additional 2.5 per year. Not that bad in my eyes.

I think this means a couple things, Army has seen enough of Steen this preseason to know that he will have to buy him out. With Jbo leaving next year and most of Steens contract gone they could afford Schenn. Petro's increase will be made up by mostly an increase in Cap that will prolly happen now that the last 2 years have been flat.

I also think this may be a long play to protect Dunn. One, it pushes him down the depth chart making him cheaper to re-sign and Faulk can be your Seattle fodder. Then his contract is gone all together.

Reactions: RORbacon

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
A few thoughts:

1: It's very possible Bokk wasn't progressing like the Blues hoped. We've seen Army fire off a young 1st round pick quickly before for a better player(Rundblad for Tarasenko). Also, the emergence of Kostin as a much improved player this preseason mixed with Kyrou and our NHL depth means we don't have a glaring need for skillful forwards the next 3-4 years.

2: We improved! A lot! Edmundson was benched 3-4 times in the playoffs. Overall he was very hit or miss. He's a decent bottom 4 d-man but we have plenty of those. We got a d-man that played over 25 minutes a night on a team that went to the Conference Final. Did we have enough outstanding RH d-men? No! You can never have enough outstanding players!

3: Someone is going to be playing left side quite a bit. Faulk, Petro, Parayko will all get 20+ minutes in close games. It's crazy to believe we just paid for this guy to be a 3rd pairing d-man. Faulk's somewhat fresher legs will be huge in giving our two workhorse d-men a break after their hard work last season and short offseason.

4: My hat goes off to Army. He just took a Stanley Cup winner and improved it!

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I think you can argue it complicates things in the not so distant future but the Blues are certainly better today than they were yesterday. Faulk is much, much better than Edmundson.

I don't care who was better. St Louis was dead last and then won the cup. That was yesterday. The future brings who knows ya know?

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
One other thought I forgot to put on my list:
Do you think Savard gave input on this move? He's coaching the PP, and that appears to be Faulk's biggest area to contribute. Just a thought.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
One other thought I forgot to put on my list:
Do you think Savard gave input on this move? He's coaching the PP, and that appears to be Faulk's biggest area to contribute. Just a thought.
Maybe, but we now have 4 competent PP defenders for him to choose from. I think Faulk has been on Army's shortlist for awhile, just how Schenn was.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

hockensm77

Feb 21, 2015
Yeah, that is a good point. Assuming there is no NTC (and I pray that there isn't) then maybe the plan is to consider moving him next offseason if Petro re-signs.

Something I noticed is that Faulk's 156 hits would have led the Blues by about 20 over Maroon. I've never heard anyone say Faulk is a tough player, but just thought that was interesting.

He lays out some heavy hits, and also doesn't hesitate to lay the lumber on guys in the defensive zone. I'm not sure what to expect from this move, overall, but Faulk plays with more edge than his reputation as an offensive d-man might make it seem.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Maybe, but we now have 4 competent PP defenders for him to choose from. I think Faulk has been on Army's shortlist for awhile, just how Schenn was.
Faulk is much better than any of the other options on the PP. His PP impact is elite.

16-19
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 4.07.14 PM.png

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I hope this doesnt mean we are letting Petro and Schenn walk. Just can’t see how we are paying this kind of money for 3 RHD if we sign Petro too.

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not happy here. Not happy at all. I need to review Faulk's play some more, but I remember "Canes fans saying he is brutal defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad