GDT: Fat, washed, slow with bad hip Swedish center vs best goal scorer in the game who will definitely hit 65 goals on the season, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulessGingerCapsFan

Jul 5, 2013
He signed a tryout with Hershey since his NHL contract doesn't start until next season. He's with the bears getting used to the coaching staff and goalie coach. He's been at bears practice but hasn't suited up for a game yet. Bears play by play guy said there's a possibility he could get a game but it's mostly just prep work to ease the transition into the organization next season.
Very cool, thank you for the quick response!

Reactions: Holtbyisms

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Wayne Simmonds has got to be the fakest “tough” guy in the league. I’ve had the game on in the background and he talks plenty of shit for a guy who constantly is getting thrown around

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wayne Simmonds has got to be the fakest “tough” guy in the league. I’ve had the game on in the background and he talks plenty of shit for a guy who constantly is getting thrown around
I don't think any fanbase who's had him has viewed him as a tough guy. More of a somewhat skilled grinder who's willing to run thru a brick wall for the team. He's closer to guys like TJ Oshie, Joel Ward, and Brooks Laich.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I just wish we could have AJF playing more. Not sure why they traded for Mojo. I don't dislike the player, however that just wasn't needed in terms of trade.
This TDL felt a lot like Bmac was only able to get some crumbs because the other GM's around the league weren't interested in dealing, or if they were then the players they wanted were off the table.

Reactions: Misery74

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well they only scored 7 goals on us. I guess that is a positive. Let's see how much Avs put up next week.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This TDL felt a lot like Bmac was only able to get some crumbs because the other GM's around the league weren't interested in dealing, or if they were then the players they wanted were off the table.
Imho, just stay idle then. No need to get crumbs although I do like the Larsson trade.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
At least Auston didn't score.

Free McMichael you dinosaurs. The most concerning thing is so little established skillful chemistry in the top six at this stage in the season. Backstrom is a shell, Kuznetsov is mostly back to flake mode. Ovechkin uninvolved. Oshie weighed down and himself too slow to be lead the charge. There's just not much substance in that group beyond marveling at Mantha's hand-eye coordination. They're so preoccupied defensively that it's just...slop. Pace teams at their best can expose it without much resistance. No Orlov is a killer, too.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Neither the Larsson nor the MOJO trades made any sense at the time and they still don’t make sense.
Not when you have youth that can do the same thing with better speed. What doesn't make sense is they made no moves for a goalie and holding on to hope that Sammie or VV is the answer. That right there is a sign they are hoping on a miracle and not believing they have a chance. Let's get the checkmark for making the playoffs then go from there. Right now the Isles still hanging around.

Reactions: PlushMinus

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
One thing about it, I hope the league keeps the salary cap in. If we had to deal with it, so can these other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad