GDT: Fat, washed, slow with bad hip Swedish center vs best goal scorer in the game who will definitely hit 65 goals on the season, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yeah, not sure why you'd be pissed at Leonsis for this. There's zero doubt that his ownership of the Capitals have been the best period in team history. Only Cup, best player in franchise history, regularly spending to the salary cap, a bunch of division titles, almost every season in the playoffs. In a sports market that has legitimately terrible owners (Snyder and Angelos), I have no idea why you'd be frustrated with Ted.

He's frustrated with everything... but Ted has been a great owner, and hasn't "obliterated" the Caps in any way, shape or form. Nonsense post.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Yeah, not sure why you'd be pissed at Leonsis for this. There's zero doubt that his ownership of the Capitals have been the best period in team history. Only Cup, best player in franchise history, regularly spending to the salary cap, a bunch of division titles, almost every season in the playoffs. In a sports market that has legitimately terrible owners (Snyder and Angelos), I have no idea why you'd be frustrated with Ted.
Early on I had issues with Ted due to Jagr, but he's an owner who loves his team. He's not afraid to spend his money unlike a lot of owners in pro sports. Even with the Jagr acquisition, he was trying to make an impact for the team.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Early on I had issues with Ted due to Jagr, but he's an owner who loves his team. He's not afraid to spend him money unlike a lot of owners in pro sports. Even with the Jagr acquisition, he was trying to make an impact for the team.
There are definitely a few black marks on Ted's resume (Jagr, overruling GMGM on Jon Cooper to hire Adam Oates, a couple other moments of interference) - but he's definitely far above average when it comes to owners.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Early on I had issues with Ted due to Jagr, but he's an owner who loves his team. He's not afraid to spend him money unlike a lot of owners in pro sports. Even with the Jagr acquisition, he was trying to make an impact for the team.
His only true mistake imo was letting Trotz go..but I blame the front office more for talking him into it

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

Too loyal... can't fire people... kept GMGM around forever... now GMBM with multiple laughers... and the trotz fiasco

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Have you seen the wizards the last 20 years?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
There are definitely a few black marks on Ted's resume (Jagr, overruling GMGM on Jon Cooper to hire Adam Oates, a couple other moments of interference) - but he's definitely far above average when it comes to owners.
Yep and he's learned a lot from his past mistakes.

Reactions: Hivemind

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Heck we're all hoping Ovy scores at this point. If they happen to get a point out of this game, place your bets next, lol.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Our top dogs need to start being engaged and showing up.

Oshie, Mantha, Nicky haven't done much as of late.

Mantha looks extremely streaky to me. He looks great for a stretch and then disappears.

Ovi needs to start being involved in plays like he was early in the season. Right now he is just waiting for the puck to come to him.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Watching in person, man we have a lot of dead wood on the team.

Most unimpressive player is Larsson. He is slow and soft. I have no idea how that guy plays in the NHL.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
If this is a playoff preview then yikes. Only hope is that Caps are intentionally playing bad tonight for some reason.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Watching in person, man we have a lot of dead wood on the team.

Most unimpressive player is Larsson. He is slow and soft. I have no idea how that guy plays in the NHL.

Mojo is the biggest dead wood on the team. I can't believe they went out and got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad