Fantasy Mock Voting (Standings Posted #178)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Fair enough, I'm just saying that a guy like Seguin would've been a no for me if I was drafting based on the analytics I value. But the name of the game is to draft for votes. My team would look a lot different if I was just drafting for what I thought would be the best team like Panda did.

draft to appease other voters

1iruch.jpg

draft like you plan on bumping the thread up in a month to prove how right you were

Reactions: Panda Bear

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
draft to appease other voters

1iruch.jpg

draft like you plan on bumping the thread up in a month to prove how right you were
lol I probably won't be even be able to remember half my team in a couple of months.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I agree now that goalies are DND in first three. I could have grabbed someone like Giroux or Dubois then waited a few rounds for Kuemper to come by. And if I had been even smarter, I would have started off Eichel-Dubois.

Reactions: Nucker101

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
definitely life accomplishment

these things are always the ultimate dick measuring contest

i put them on resumes

Lol you should join Joeys next draft
Would love to see Panda and yourself go head to head in a playoff matchup :laugh::popcorn:

Reactions: hockeynorth

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I'll get banned

I'll join if these guys join
@Tryamkin @mchindu @RIP Botchford @Panda Bear

Even though I missed the playoffs, I am tempted to join another draft IF it’s similar to this (ie none of this, you gotta have a 35 year old, an NCAA guy, a Nigerian, a Latvian, and a guy that can do jumping jacks on your roster). Just build the best possible roster. I think all of us would have confidence that we’d be able to do a better job the second time around, and some guys will be busting at the chops to get some vindication.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Even though I missed the playoffs, I am tempted to join another draft IF it’s similar to this (ie none of this, you gotta have a 35 year old, an NCAA guy, a Nigerian, a Latvian, and a guy that can do jumping jacks on your roster). Just build the best possible roster. I think all of us would have confidence that we’d be able to do a better job the second time around, and some guys will be busting at the chops to get some vindication.

ec7060ff0dae938c88e6c5caacaec524_w200.gif

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Oh darn, Sam Bennett doesn't qualify, can't do a jumping jack.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
I'd be curious as to what people's reasoning behind my team and where they slotted them was. Just would like to know where they saw weak spots or what they would've tried to do differently if anyone still cares to give any insight on my mediocrity :laugh:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I'd be curious as to what people's reasoning behind my team and where they slotted them was. Just would like to know where they saw weak spots or what they would've tried to do differently if anyone still cares to give any insight on my mediocrity :laugh:

You're team was pretty underrated imo. Connor, Kunin, and bertuzzi are all underrated. You had a strong defensive corpse and good goaltending, I think the one thing was that you lacked some starpower up front. But yeah, you probably should have gone higher.

To everyone else:

Vote team A3 :avsavs) over B3 :starsstars)!

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020

I had you as a fringe playoff team. Would probably have them squeak in.

But agree with Llama about lacking star power up front. Getzlaf-Kunin as 2/3rds of your top line isn't ideal and probably the main weakness imo.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Alright shall I discuss what I think of the matchups? My team is already about to go down in round 1, so I don't have much to lose!

:vegas vs :jets

CENTRES: Aho is the best C on either team, Seguin is also better than Winnipeg's No.1 C in Monahan, no brainer here, VEGAS

LEFT WINGS: Hoffman is the best LW on either side, but he's defensively awful. However, I'd prefer JVR to either of Parise/Johnson on WPG as well and Vegas also has Hagelin, one of the best defensive wingers in the game. Roussel is better than Jankowski but not enough, VEGAS

RIGHT WINGS: I love Radulov, even the low point total doesn't deter me from saying he's the best of the RWs. However, we've all seen how clutch Williams is in the playoffs, Panik is very good defensively as well and Bennett is good depth on the 4th line. I don't care for Bailey. Anderson/Grabner/Komarov doesn't excite me on the other side. VEGAS

DEFENSE: This one is close. Lindholm-McAvoy is an incredible shutdown pairing, while having Weber and Rielly on separate pairs gives Winnipeg lots of balance. Vegas though hits with FOUR really solid NHL D-men, and I'd have to take Trouba and Brodie over Pelech and Cernak. VEGAS

GOALIES: Binnington and Murray are both cup winners but one of those has struggled much more than the other - I trust Binnington more overall. WINNIPEG

FINAL RESULT: VEGAS IN 5

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad