Fantasy Mock Voting (Standings Posted #178)

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
:jets:vegas

I wasn't expecting to win this one, but thought it would be a lot closer in the voting than it is.

1. Having Shea Weber and Morgan Reilly on the ice for virtually the entire game, Jets will always have the best defenceman on the ice at any given time.

2. If Binnington can beat the likes of Marchand, Pastrnak and Bergeron, shutting down Aho, Seguin and JvR is child's play.

3. Columbus, the huge underdog last year, upset the #1 Tampa Bay Lightning mostly because of Josh Anderson. The best predictor of future performance is past performance.

4. Vegas doesn't even have a #1 goalie, how are two backups going to get him anywhere in the playoffs. Murray couldn't win with Crosby and Malkin but now supposed to win with Aho and Seguin?

5. If either of Vegas' top-2 centers get hurt, they don't have anyone to slide in to replace. They'd be screwed. Jets have 5 centers that have played top-6 minutes this past year.

6. Tyler Seguin is one of the biggest playoff chokers in the NHL. Guy is basically a 0.5ppg player in playoffs. Don't worry though, I'm sure his 38-year old winger with 20 games under his belt this season will pick up his slack.

7. You know who isnt a playoff choker? Zach Parise. He's been a minimum point per game in 3 of his last 4 playoff appearances.

It's not too late to change your votes guys.

Also, shame on Joey Moss for mixing up my top-2 d-pairings in the voting thread. Will probably cost me the series.

Reactions: Nucker101

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:caps

In a tie early on here...impressed with these Swedes' spunk against a powerhouse. Keep it rollin.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I really thought Nashville would beat St Louis or at the very least be much closer than this. We have better offense, Nashvilles guys are better from top down and the depth would tear throw St Louis', a better goalie and better depth on D even if their high end D are better. Quite the unfortunate circumstances we've found ourselves in.

Also holy, anyone seeing the Washington/Philly match up?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
:edmonton vs :kings

CENTRES: Crosby and Draisaitl are both excellent - do I think Crosby is slightly better still due to his two-way play? Yes. Does it matter a lot? No, because we all saw how dominant Draisaitl was in the playoffs last time around. So for the rest? Schenn > Hayes for me all the way, and although I'm not in love with the way LA did their lines (Gaudette should be 3C not Roslovic), Chris Tierney is not a very good player at all. Slight edge to LA

LEFT WINGS: Guentzel is easily the best LW of the two teams. Alex Killorn is very underrated but Oskar Lindblom is even MORE underrated and if healthy, that's a big possession edge to the Oilers. I think Lemieux is a 4th line player but Engvall is more effective and although I like LA's younger energy guys here, Guentzel tips the scale. EDMONTON

RIGHT WINGS: Can Kessel still score? Probably. Brett Connolly is a very good player and great fit for Crosby's line. Despite this, Reilly Smith in the playoffs is a GAMER, Alex Iafallo is a better two-way player than Connolly. Sissons has been good in the playoffs before but was a black hole possession wise this year, I'd have him pretty even with Gaudette (should be Virtanen or Roslovic here though at 3RW). Both Iafallo/Smith and Kessel/Connolly will put up points, but I trust Iafallo/Smith in their own zone way, way more. I'd give it to Edmonton if Kessel hadn't dropped defensively off the face of the earth, so slight edge to LA

D-MEN: I think LA has a good well-balanced D, Ekblad/Montour/Grzelcyk can all move the puck and Graves is a solid defender. However, Seth Jones is a monster, Jake Muzzin and Vince Dunn have been key D already in big playoff runs. Ethan Bear isn't a slouch. Have to give EDMONTON the advantage.

GOALIES: This is what should determine the series for people - do you believe in Carey Price still? Is Jacob Markstrom better? At the end of the day...behind this D....I believe in Carey Price to get the job done, but it's very close. Markstrom will win a game or two in this series on his back. EDMONTON

VERDICT: OILERS IN 7

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:edmonton vs :kings

CENTRES: Crosby and Draisaitl are both excellent - do I think Crosby is slightly better still due to his two-way play? Yes. Does it matter a lot? No, because we all saw how dominant Draisaitl was in the playoffs last time around. So for the rest? Schenn > Hayes for me all the way, and although I'm not in love with the way LA did their lines (Gaudette should be 3C not Roslovic), Chris Tierney is not a very good player at all. Slight edge to LA

LEFT WINGS: Guentzel is easily the best LW of the two teams. Alex Killorn is very underrated but Oskar Lindblom is even MORE underrated and if healthy, that's a big possession edge to the Oilers. I think Lemieux is a 4th line player but Engvall is more effective and although I like LA's younger energy guys here, Guentzel tips the scale. EDMONTON

RIGHT WINGS: Can Kessel still score? Probably. Brett Connolly is a very good player and great fit for Crosby's line. Despite this, Reilly Smith in the playoffs is a GAMER, Alex Iafallo is a better two-way player than Connolly. Sissons has been good in the playoffs before but was a black hole possession wise this year, I'd have him pretty even with Gaudette (should be Virtanen or Roslovic here though at 3RW). Both Iafallo/Smith and Kessel/Connolly will put up points, but I trust Iafallo/Smith in their own zone way, way more. I'd give it to Edmonton if Kessel hadn't dropped defensively off the face of the earth, so slight edge to LA

D-MEN: I think LA has a good well-balanced D, Ekblad/Montour/Grzelcyk can all move the puck and Graves is a solid defender. However, Seth Jones is a monster, Jake Muzzin and Vince Dunn have been key D already in big playoff runs. Ethan Bear isn't a slouch. Have to give EDMONTON the advantage.

GOALIES: This is what should determine the series for people - do you believe in Carey Price still? Is Jacob Markstrom better? At the end of the day...behind this D....I believe in Carey Price to get the job done, but it's very close. Markstrom will win a game or two in this series on his back. EDMONTON

VERDICT: OILERS IN 7
I do but I don't want to see mine haha. But I really need the votes right now. I think I have less than I had 1st places votes right now unfortunately. Thanks for doing these, awesome work!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Micheal Ferland - Steven Stamkos - Vladimir Tarasenko
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Ilya Kovalchuk
Lawson Crouse - Charlie Coyle - Gabriel Vilardi
Zach Aston-Reese - Mitchell Stephens - Ryan Reaves

Duncan Keith - Neal Pionk
Joel Edmundson - Jason Demers
Mike Reilly - Robert Bortuzzo

John Gibson
Adin Hill

I'm definitely happy about this, I feel like my offence and crease are right up there with the best in this, my D is a bit weaker but 5/6 logged big heavy minutes this year and all grade out as extremely effective D, should be average at least.

Quick summary:
Line 1: Two elite offensive players, who were dominant this season, and Ferland who's a great power forward when healthy to go dig the puck. A true 1st line, that Tkachuk can move up to to make even better if I want to load up.

Line 2: The flame connection going C/LW, Backlund and Tkachuk are both great two way players and Tkachuk produces extremely well at even strength, not to mention Kovalchuk who showed he can still produce this season.

Line 3: LOVE this line, have Coyle as my elite 3C and Vilardi providing some real offensive flair on the right to really rip through teams depth, along with Crouse once again playing as the digger.

Line 4: This line is a great energy line, with ZAR being one of the top defensive players in the league this year and Reaves to crush guys, Stephens is the perfect possession compliment to have the 4th line you need to win

D1: An underrated D in Pionk who put up huge totals while being a really positive player on a weak blue line, and Keith who's proven he can win. They should definitely be able to maintain possession and move the puck up the ice fast.

D2: This D pair can shut down top lines, with Edmundson being a great defensive player and complimenting the likes of Pietrangelo and Slavin the last few years and Demers logging heavy minutes for years, very experienced pair

D3: Reilly pleases analytical guys, playing ~18 mins for Ottawa and posting positive metrics on a bad team, and Bortuzzo here to please everyone else bring experience, physicality all while playing positive minutes.

Goalies: Gibson is simply one of the best and Hill is a great young goalie and future starter, posting .918 in 14 starts this year

This team should win their matchup. I understand they're polarizing but they'd be simply dynamic and really difficult to contain, while also pushing back in the nasty stuff. What more is needed

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
@Llamamoto49 @m0pe

Fair and I kind of anticipated the lack of "star power" up front to bite me in the ass. I put it in quotes because I think I do have it, it's just underappreciated players.

Connor, Werenski, and Theodore are all players I think can make plays happen and drive offense. Connor is 6th in scoring but lives in Scheifele and Wheeler's shadow but I think he has all the tools to carry a line. Werenski is super active offensively, leads D in goals, but he has Seth Jones and he's in Columbus. Theodore is a guy who whenever I watch always seems to be around the puck AND making good, safe plays that get his team moving forward...but I don't know I feel like he never gets talked about. Bertuzzi and Hronek are also 2 of like 5 reasons Deteoit can win games, I think getting them around more talent would really bring them to the next level.

As for the Kunin on the 1st line thing, I actually went back and forth with Voracek as I saw him as being a Wheeler playmaking replacement for Connor but ultimately decided the 2nd line would suffer too much and would be better off if Horvat and Bertuzzi didn't have to carry the puck as much. I also thought Kunin has enough speed, and finish to be an effective compliment in the top 6.

Thanks for the feedback though, guys:cheers:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
:avs vs :stars

CENTRES: Connor McDavid. However, it's not THAT much off - because Dallas has excellent defensive Cs in Dubois + Cirelli who are built for playoffs. So I'll say COLORADO but it's not as wide as it looks on paper. Matt Duchene helps for sure.

LEFT WINGS: I kind of don't like any of this, but keep in mind Skinner is with McDavid which boosts his value. Drouin has been a gamer in the playoffs before. Does Dallas's LW know how to play any D? Absolutely not, just because Wood hits doesn't make his bad GF% go away and Galchenyuk/Gurianov I can't imagine are two-way playoff guys. COLORADO

RIGHT WINGS: Mark Stone DAAAAMMMNN. Teuvo Teravainen DAAMMMNN. That's a cancel-out, I prefer Stone but both guys will bring it. The rest? Well it's tough. I don't think Tom Wilson can deliver much offense away from his big boys, but Ryan Dzingel's playoff production leaves a lot to be desired. I think Dominik Kahun is built to be a smart playoff player, Joel Armia has playoff size. I don't really know here...going to lean DALLAS because it's simply more physical over here so more likely to make an impact in another way, plus Stone being slightly the best RW.

DEFENSE: Roman Josi is the best D on the ice and it isn't close, but Jared Spurgeon is quite a good player himself and was omega productive in some playoffs previous. Adam Fox or Samuel Girard? Tough one, both small guys who can move the puck, Fox was better this year but Girard already has playoff experience. I feel like Dallas' D could break apart at any minute due to injury, but Josi tips the scale. Also, I am not a fan of Nick Leddy at all anymore, even though I like Orlov. DALLAS

GOALIES: This is where Dallas is going to win the series for me. Dubnyk and Talbot are both guys I can't trust to win a playoff series right now, Jarry is up in the air but having a real nice season, even Varlamov isn't a bad option, at best you could say Talbot is slightly below Varlamov. DALLAS.

Verdict: DALLAS IN 7 - although McDavid won't make it easy.

To make both teams mad, I wasn't sold on either of these teams as being great regular season teams, more sold on Colorado there. I think Dallas is better as a playoff team than they are regular season.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
:nashville vs :blues

CENTRES: This one is an interesting debate because Sean Couturier is easily the best two-way C in the bunch - but it's not like Stamkos sucks! Stamkos is quite good obviously. I slightly prefer Hischier to Backlund in the regular season but in the playoffs? Backlund would be a horse and we don't really know what Hischier will do yet. What do we also know? That Charlie Coyle is a GAMER in the playoffs after last year's run - it's really close, I think Couturier could even shut down Stamkos at 5v5, but Backlund/Coyle is easier to trust than Hischier/Necas, so I'll go NASHVILLE

LEFT WINGS: Brad Marchand is the prime version of Matthew Tkachuk, so I'll take Marchand as the best LW. The rest? Ferland is a concussion away from being done in the league and healthy, he wasn't that effective with Carolina last year. I like Kempe's speed here a lot. Aston-Reese is solid defensively but Johansson proved he had juice last year still. I have to go ST. LOUIS

RIGHT WINGS: Tarasenko is easily the best RW of the bunch, but I don't think Kovalchuk will do much at all on 5v5 due to his speed (Blues have a fairly solid PK aside from Rinne..more on that below) and Vilardi is such a wildcard. Meier meanwhile had a great playoff last year, you know Palmieri will pot goals, and Byron's speed will be big in the playoffs and on the PK. I have to go ST. LOUIS because I like the balance more.

DEFENSE: Zoinks, a bit. Not sure if I like either of these. At the end of the day, what I end up picturing is McDonagh, Parayko and Couturier working in tandem to suffocate Nashville offensively, whereas I can't see that from Keith and Pionk. Butcher-Vatanen scares me a lot, Edmundson-Demers would be more solid there (shoutout to Bortuzzo on the PK). I can't stop picturing what the top unit can do defensively and because of that, I'm going ST. LOUIS - I also how many minutes BOTH top pairs would be getting, it could get ugly.

GOALIES: John Gibson all the way. Pekka Rinne is a fine goalie at 5v5 still but on the PK he'd need a lot of help - luckily he DOES have that help in St. Louis I think. Gibson doesn't need help though, he's a game-stealer. NASHVILLE.

VERDICT:
I think both teams on paper are close - but when I think about a playoff series and who is more likely to choke the other out, I have to go BLUES IN 6 - if you believe Gibson can win a series on his back, Nashville is a justified choice.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Chris Tierney isn’t a good player? He had 48 points last year and is a respectable two way forward. I think that’s pretty far off.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Chris Tierney isn’t a good player? He had 48 points last year and is a respectable two way forward. I think that’s pretty far off.

Caved in possession his whole career, under 50% GF for 3 straight years, it may be harsh to say he's not a good player but he's not shutting down anybody in the playoffs and he's pretty soft to make an impact. Not much of a shot either, so most of his damage is through playmaking. He was pretty mediocre in the Sharks cup run, and in the two playoffs after was absolutely invisible.

I think it'd be fair to ask "Can he do a lot for a playoff team?"

Alright, time for a pointless exercise:

:leafs vs :habs

I'd be biased here - Montreal is the team I built. If I were to break it down though:

WARNING EXTREME BIAS:

Centres: Pretty obvious the tandem of Tavares/Point is pretty awesome, if not best in the league. Pettersson is also awesome. The demise of Joe Pavelski is greatly exaggerated, considering nobody on Dallas scores points (system-related!!). I think I'd rather have Wennberg/Kotkaniemi over Brassard/Richardson down the middle after that because the latter two are possession blackholes but hey, I get it. Hard to beat Tavares/Point.

Left Wings: Tatar and Landeskog are both fantastic coming off big years, I'd cancel them out. Pearson has had a better season than Niederreiter, I'll give you that. Compher is a C more than a winger and gets caved at 5v5, MacEwan is barely an NHL forward, but also Perreault struggled this year, Compher has more offense than Nieto but Nieto is one of the better bottom six guys in the league. It's tight here.

Right Wings: I'd take my RWs here, Mantha is a monster and I'll take him over Zucker, Kase and Johnsson may cancel each other out (Johnsson isn't really at his proper position). Donskoi got caved in possession propped up by a good line, I'm not too scared of him vs Hinostroza. Kyrou isn't going to be very effective on that 4th line in Toronto, but neither will Malgin frankly.

D: I think Toronto has no clue how good Manson is to have him THIRD PAIR, that's a travesty. Manson should be ahead of even Schmidt. My top pair is better than Toronto's top pair, would rather have Giordano/Subban anchoring because while Subban struggled, so did OEL this year and Giordano is clearly the best D of either teams. Gustafsson has been much better than Gardiner the last two years, Niskanen though I'd probably take over Dillon but Dillon is a playoff player to a tee. Jake Gardiner will likely lose them a game in the playoffs. I'd trust my D more than Toronto's but Toronto probably has an extra man of depth.

Goalie: Bobrovsky has experience winning big playoff series, Francouz has no experience at all. Could be tighter due to seasonal play though.

VERDICT: I obviously would have taken MONTREAL IN 7 as I am their GM, I think Toronto's bottom six isn't very effective and their D isn't deployed properly (plus has question marks) but I acknowledge they have a fairly solid top six (including two good Cs) and a good overall team.

:bruins vs :panthers

CENTERS: This one is super even - Giroux and Reinhart have played less C this year than wing. Barkov + MacKinnon? Advantage MacKinnon but it's not easy, so maybe the Giroux/Reinhart difference averages out. From there, I like Faksa's shutdown ability more than Eakin and I don't think Acciari is scoring 20 in a new role, I'm going FLORIDA here.

LEFT WING: Taylor Hall ahead of all - I like Saad on Boston though. After that, I'm really not loving any of the rest. Athanasiou is super overrated - I think Boston's bottom six guys in Vesey and Maroon are more reliable to me than Wagner or Boedker, Greenway isn't really a top six forward yet...it's close. Because of Hall I have to go FLORIDA but at the same time, Boston fills our their left side depth better.

RIGHT WING: Boston's top six RWs are awesome, Dadonov/Atkinson sign me up. Rust is pretty good in Florida but Perry is nearing done, Colin White had a rough year AND is a C anyways. I'd prefer White + Sprong to Bjork and Sobotka but the high-end here suggests BOSTON

DEFENSE: I really don't like either side. Burns and Doughty are super close, both didn't have the seasons they wanted but both guys can be 1D for sure. All of Boston's other 5D are leaky possession guys and I feel like that's a rough-go. Florida - Nurse isn't going to help the Hjalmarsson pairing at all, he needs a puckmover. Dermott though will compliment Doughty. I actually think Gostisbehere at a 3LHD is an underrated move, he could do damage there (in two ways LOL). Slight advantage to FLORIDA because I trust Nurse, Hjalmarsson and Dermott more to move (or in Nurse's case, transport) the puck and breakout than Lindell, Savard and de Haan.

GOALIE: It's Bishop for me, but if there was a playoff goalie who you KNOW is going to fight, it's M-A Fleury. BOSTON

VERDICT: Hall-MacKinnon is scary enough to me that I am going to go FLORIDA IN 6 - but hey, Bishop can win a series on his own so, toss-up in that regard.

:cbj vs :canes

CENTRES:
Malkin/Toews is an awesome combo, Eriksson Ek is also a real 3C. However, Zibanejad this year is a game-changer too, and Henrique/Bjugstad is also a pretty solid combo. I'd also prefer Spezza as my 4C over Glendening. The high-end and experience here though suggests COLUMBUS

LEFT WINGS:
When I think of who I want on my LW in a physical playoff series...Brady Tkachuk and Jamie Benn are top of mind. I like DeBrincat a lot and Hintz was great last year, but Carolina just trumps here in depth. Mikheyev is a solid 3LW and Lucic - laugh if you want, I see him making more of a physical impact than Trevor Moore would on the 4th line. I'm going with CAROLINA here.

RIGHT WINGS: Tough one for me. Granlund and Zuccarello to me are pretty even in terms of what kind of impact they can give a playoff team. Both Clutterbuck and Simmonds will provide physicality and both Helm and Namestnikov can give you speed or versatility. It ends up coming down to Boeser > Gourde, and for that, I go CAROLINA. I think Boeser and DeBrincat end up cancelling each other out overall, revealing better wing depth in Carolina as a whole (and Boeser had a better season).

DEFENSE:
Dahlin is sick and Pesce compliments him well, Ekholm-Hamilton would be a fantastic pairing. I like Djoos-Holl a lot as a 3rd pairing in CBJ whereas I'm less hot on Greene-Fabbro. Chiarot and Martinez are pretty comparable. The one place I have to tip the scale is Marino was simply a much better unproven guy than Adam Boqvist this season, I feel more trust in Marino as a top 4 D and I do prefer Ekholm-Hamilton to Dahlin-Pesce at this stage by a very thin hair. CAROLINA

GOALIES:
Tough one - Holtby has way more experience and despite some lackluster regular seasons, I wouldn't say he was bad in the last two playoffs at all. He was quite good aside from some meh moments. Saros is a really good goalie himself but doesn't really have starting playoff experience. I like Saros, but I may rather ride Holtby into battle. It's another hair decision. COLUMBUS

VERDICT: There's going to be OTs and Malkin may be able to carry a team into battle, but I will go with the slightly more well-rounded and physical HURRICANES IN 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeLeafing

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Tierney losing the goals battle for years running isn't going to sway the "but 48 pointz" crowd.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
So far I'm against the consensus on 3/4 Eastern Conference teams. Seems like my opinion doesn't matter at all.

With that being said, let's go with the current battle series in the East.

:flyersvs:caps

CENTRES: It's pretty tight - I prefer Ryan O'Reilly over Backstrom but we're talking about the last two 1Cs to win the cup so it's splitting hairs. I just think ROR is more beastly defensively. I actually like William Karlsson more than Logan Couture but factor in that Couture is a playoff beast. The scale tips when Johan Larsson, who is an awesome defensive C, faces off against Jordan Staal, who is also very good defensively AND has more of a shot at putting up points than Larsson does. Wallmark is a good 4C, but I'm going to go with all of my slightly better picks and go PHILLY

LEFT WINGS: Pacioretty is easily the best LW of either side and it's not even close over Burakovsky. I also like Mangiapane more than the other 3 LWs on the Caps. Marleau is done, so Nylander/Jarnkrok can probably out-impact him there, but I have to go PHILLY

RIGHT WINGS: Elias Lindholm has 29 goals - that stunned me. Silfverberg is a playoff GAMER. But you know who is pretty even with those two? T.J. Oshie, another PLAYOFF GAMER, and Rickard Rakell who I think can score big-time goals as well. So if that's even to me - Fast/Karlsson or Leivo/Terry? I think people forgot how good Josh Leivo was before his injury, he was very good in Vancouver, and although I like Fast defensively, I also like Terry well over the shell of Melker Karlsson. PHILLY

DEFENSE: Hedman and Pietrangelo cancel each other out, let's get that out of the way. I think Philly has a better chance at breaking out with their D than Washington does. I think Edler is much more reliable than Stralman now, I think Toews and Pettersson is very comparable...I may prefer Brodin to DeMelo but DeMelo has been very impressive this season, so the gap isn't enough to even out the gap between Edler and Stralman. I also think Kulikov-Gudas is a 3rd pair you can actually give minutes to, less so for Larsson-Heed. PHILLY

GOALIES: I like Merzlikins, but he's unproven. Lehner isn't TOTALLY proven in the playoffs, but he's the man and this would be a great chance for him to shine. WASHINGTON.

VERDICT:
These teams are close, but I'll take FLYERS IN 6 due to a better offensive and puckmoving ability.

Considering every team I voted to win voted me to lose in the playoffs, you can't accuse me of team bias except for my own! :laugh:

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Alright I did a thing.. It's not NHL 20, or even Eastside Hockey Manager, but it's Hockey Legacy Manager 20 which is a fun mobile app I've used for a while and quite enjoy. Not as in-depth as the other two games, but it does the trick and is quite similar. With that being said! I put way more time into this than a normal person should, but I have the results! They're pretty surprising in some areas. Insanely balanced because of the similar skill levels of teams.

Standings
(+/-) = position change
from actual voting results
PacificRecordPointsGoals ForGoals AgainstGoal Differential
x - Arizona (+7)45-31-69629826830
x - Vegas (-1)45-34-39329326528
x - Anaheim (+2)42-32-89227626214
x - Edmonton (-2)40-31-1191274283-9
San Jose (+1)37-36-98327626214
Vancouver (-2)36-36-1082244286-42
Calgary (0)36-39-779227265-38
Los Angeles (-5)31-46-567255317-62
Central
x - St. Louis (+1)45-34-39327625620
x - Chicago (+5)43-34-59128427113
x - Winnipeg (+2)43-34-59129127912
x - Nashville (-1)40-32-1090275293-18
Dallas (-1)40-36-6862632603
Colorado (-5)39-35-886271292-21
Minnesota (-1)36-41-577283304-21
Metro
x - NY Rangers (+7)50-25-710727122645
x - Washington (+2)47-28-710129025238
x - NY Islanders (+3)45-30-797247248-1
Columbus (-2)42-36-48827925821
Carolina (-2)39-36-785276293-17
Philadelphia (-5)38-35-985283293-10
New Jersey (0)39-39-482260285-25
Pittsburgh (-3)36-38-880249266-17
Atlantic
x - Florida (+2)52-22-811231825167
x - Buffalo (+4)40-29-13932632630
x - Boston (-1)41-31-109229327320
x - Toronto (-3)41-32-9912842804
x - Montreal (-1)41-33-890258265-7
Detroit (+2)42-35-58929327320
Tampa Bay (-2)40-33-989257279-22
Ottawa (-1)40-34-888255265-10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Leaders
1st
2nd
3rd
GoalsOvechkin (SJ) - 50Wheeler (ARI) - 48DeBrincat (CLS) - 47
AssistsKrug (ARI) - 70Hedman (WSH) - 69MacKinnon (FLA) - 68
PointsMacKinnon (FLA) - 113Ovechkin (SJ) - 111Stamkos (NSH) - 109
WinsQuick (ARI) - 39Rask (NYR) - 38Gibson (NSH) - 36
GAARask (NYR) - 2.55Fleury (FLA) - 2.81Quick (ARI) - 2.85
SV%Rask (NYR) - .926Quick (ARI) - .917Holtby (CLS) - .916
SOHoltby (CLS) - 7Rinne (STL) - 6Vasilevskiy (BUF) - 5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Playoffs
Round 1Round 2Round 3Round 4
(WC2) MON def (A1) FLA 4-2
East(M1) NYR def (WC1) TOR 4-2
(M3) NYI def (M2) WSH 4-1(M1) NYR def (M3) NYI 4-3
(A2) BUF def (A3) BOS 4-2(A2) BUF def (WC2) MON 4-0(A2) BUF def (M1) NYR 4-2
(C1) STL def (A2) BUF 4-2

**Kempe Game 6 OT Winner**
(WC2) NSH def (P1) ARI 4-1(C1) STL def (C2) CHI 4-2(C1) STL def (P2) VGK 4-2
West(C1) STL def (WC1) EDM 4-2(P2) VGK def (WC2) NSH 4-3
(P2) VGK def (P3) ANA 4-3
(C2) CHI def (C3) WPG 4-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Awards
Stanley CupSt. Louis
PresidentsFlorida
SelkeCrosby (EDM)
RocketOvechkin (SJ)
HartMacKinnon (FLA)
Conn SmytheMeier (STL)
Offensive DHedman (WSH)
Defensive DDoughty (FLA)
CalderOlofsson (NYR)
VezinaRask (NYR)
Draft Lottery1. DET 2. NJD 3. PHI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Alright I did a thing.. It's not NHL 20, or even Eastside Hockey Manager, but it's Hockey Legacy Manager 20 which is a fun mobile app I've used for a while and quite enjoy. Not as in-depth as the other two games, but it does the trick and is quite similar. With that being said! I put way more time into this than a normal person should, but I have the results! They're pretty surprising in some areas. Insanely balanced because of the similar skill levels of teams.

Standings
(+/-) = position change
from actual voting results
PacificRecordPointsGoals ForGoals AgainstGoal Differential
x - Arizona (+7)45-31-69629826830
x - Vegas (-1)45-34-39329326528
x - Anaheim (+2)42-32-89227626214
x - Edmonton (-2)40-31-1191274283-9
San Jose (+1)37-36-98327626214
Vancouver (-2)36-36-1082244286-42
Calgary (0)36-39-779227265-38
Los Angeles (-5)31-46-567255317-62
Central
x - St. Louis (+1)45-34-39327625620
x - Chicago (+5)43-34-59128427113
x - Winnipeg (+2)43-34-59129127912
x - Nashville (-1)40-32-1090275293-18
Dallas (-1)40-36-6862632603
Colorado (-5)39-35-886271292-21
Minnesota (-1)36-41-577283304-21
Metro
x - NY Rangers (+7)50-25-710727122645
x - Washington (+2)47-28-710129025238
x - NY Islanders (+3)45-30-797247248-1
Columbus (-2)42-36-48827925821
Carolina (-2)39-36-785276293-17
Philadelphia (-5)38-35-985283293-10
New Jersey (0)39-39-482260285-25
Pittsburgh (-3)36-38-880249266-17
Atlantic
x - Florida (+2)52-22-811231825167
x - Buffalo (+4)40-29-13932632630
x - Boston (-1)41-31-109229327320
x - Toronto (-3)41-32-9912842804
x - Montreal (-1)41-33-890258265-7
Detroit (+2)42-35-58929327320
Tampa Bay (-2)40-33-989257279-22
Ottawa (-1)40-34-888255265-10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Leaders
1st
2nd
3rd
GoalsOvechkin (SJ) - 50Wheeler (ARI) - 48DeBrincat (CLS) - 47
AssistsKrug (ARI) - 70Hedman (WSH) - 69MacKinnon (FLA) - 68
PointsMacKinnon (FLA) - 113Ovechkin (SJ) - 111Stamkos (NSH) - 109
WinsQuick (ARI) - 39Rask (NYR) - 38Gibson (NSH) - 36
GAARask (NYR) - 2.55Fleury (FLA) - 2.81Quick (ARI) - 2.85
SV%Rask (NYR) - .926Quick (ARI) - .917Holtby (CLS) - .916
SOHoltby (CLS) - 7Rinne (STL) - 6Vasilevskiy (BUF) - 5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Playoffs
Round 1Round 2Round 3Round 4
(WC2) MON def (A1) FLA 4-2
East(M1) NYR def (WC1) TOR 4-2
(M3) NYI def (M2) WSH 4-1(M1) NYR def (M3) NYI 4-3
(A2) BUF def (A3) BOS 4-2(A2) BUF def (WC2) MON 4-0(A2) BUF def (M1) NYR 4-2
(C1) STL def (A2) BUF 4-2

**Kempe Game 6 OT Winner**
(WC2) NSH def (P1) ARI 4-1(C1) STL def (C2) CHI 4-2(C1) STL def (P2) VGK 4-2
West(C1) STL def (WC1) EDM 4-2(P2) VGK def (WC2) NSH 4-3
(P2) VGK def (P3) ANA 4-3
(C2) CHI def (C3) WPG 4-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Awards
Stanley CupSt. Louis
PresidentsFlorida
SelkeCrosby (EDM)
RocketOvechkin (SJ)
HartMacKinnon (FLA)
Conn SmytheMeier (STL)
Offensive DHedman (WSH)
Defensive DDoughty (FLA)
CalderOlofsson (NYR)
VezinaRask (NYR)
Draft Lottery1. DET 2. NJD 3. PHI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Wow. That must have taken forever. Thanks for that.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Wow. That must have taken forever. Thanks for that.

The actual simming and construction of the tables was relatively quick, but my god the roster building process was a mess.

Put every player in the league into FA one-by-one, then start building rosters by scrolling through the FA list sorted alphabetically to find each player for each team.

Nevermind the fact I traded all the draft picks to my user roster to prevent CPU trading.. It was fun though. I enjoy stuff like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->