Fantasy GM Thread | Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Rebuild our bottom six. Take on single year cap dumps to facilitate moving worse contracts, should we find participants as willing as fans of some of these fans are.

Stepan for Gaudette, Eriksson, and honestly I'd go full Benning and kick in a pick. The sooner this one happens, the better for Ottawa, as his super cheap year is over this year, and it's just a "less expensive than his cap hit" deal next year. Stepan is UFA, so we can either use him this year, and dump him, or see about a cheap extension if he does well.

Spooner and Baertschi also come off the books, along with Pearson, Edler, Sutter and Benn, and honestly, the way any and all of them are playing overall, I'm not upset if all of them walk. We have internal replacements (Pod, depth of Hughes, Schmidt and Juolevi, MacEwen and Chatfield/whoever, respectively). It wouldn't be pretty, but I'd rather not hand out giant cap hits, or even comparable cap hits to what they make this year, to these kinds of players.

Rather than piss it away on a pet project UFA (Holtby, Myers, Roussel/Beagle, Del Zotto, Eriksson, Miller/Vrbata....not to mention immediate extensions to guys like Gudbranson and Sutter), we need to be predatory and take high cap hit assets from teams like Tampa, Toronto, possibly St Louis, the Islanders, Pittsburgh, or Vegas that are going to resume their crunch this offseason, if the expansion draft doesn't go their way. Some were save by LTIR, some simply have a large number of players to resign and limited space to do, what ever the case is, like with Schmidt this year and Miller last year, even if there are some warts, let's accrue talent this way rather than sign even more bloated contracts.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Virtanen for DeBrusk is a piepdream, also apparently the Boston dude is just speculating on potential trades and no inside info on a potential trade.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
If we're going to trade Miller I want it to be the next GM making that move. I'd want the return to be futures based (ie. 1st and prospect) and Jim seems to have an aversion to trading for picks or prospects that are a few years out.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Virtanen-Montour swap. Move out unproductive bottom 6 winger for a potential top 4 RHD. Buffalo has Montour, Jokiharju and Ristolainen all on the right side, and Montour is the UFA next season.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Virtanen-Montour swap. Move out unproductive bottom 6 winger for a potential top 4 RHD. Buffalo has Montour, Jokiharju and Ristolainen all on the right side, and Montour is the UFA next season.
Is he any good anymore? Heard he PLATOED a bit

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Is it bad I just got giddy at the idea of no more Jake and Adam on the Canucks and that teams actually showed interest?

Probably getting my hopes up.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Cousins in this market would be rough - even if the sexual assault charges were dropped, he brings a stigma that you probably don't want in what is probably the leftiest city in the NHL.

I like Matt Benning as a partner for Hughes, but the optics of that would be a little strange.

Not sure what a Zsorbl is.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Cousins in this market would be rough - even if the sexual assault charges were dropped, he brings a stigma that you probably don't want in what is probably the leftiest city in the NHL.

I like Matt Benning as a partner for Hughes, but the optics of that would be a little strange.

Not sure what a Zsorbl is.
:laugh: The guy rumoured for Jake. It’s a weird name.
This Cousins guy is a pervert? That’s all we can get for Hockey God is a friggin’ perv? What the hell?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Posted in Pearson thread but relevant here:
The deadline plus 14 day quarantine and you’re 5-7 games from the playoffs.

We need a new GM who can be proactive. Get a 2nd early and be happy about it.

Give it another 5-10 games then start dumping guys. Edmonton could use Sutter. Winnipeg seems like a Pearson place.

Gaudette to Nashville for picks/prospects.

Virtanen and Roussel as a package for picks or expiring salary.

Reactions: Momesso

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Getting rid of Myers contract has to be priority number 1, if you’re having to add assets to get Seattle to take him in the expansion draft you take it and run. Like many of us stated it’s tracking to be a Eriksson level anchor for the team. The fact that Jim Benning signed that contract then Ferland’s a few days later just outlines how incompetent this man is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad