Not open for further replies.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
image0.png

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Hurts seeing Tanev in a Flames jersey. I wish him the best and to stay healthy. But it was the right move letting him walk.

Only because we have so many bloated contracts. That's what irks me the most, honestly. Overpaying on term for a guy like Tanev is something you do. Not only because he's a good player but he's been a warrior for your team. If he falls off by three year or so. No big deal. Tanev won't be a liability. Instead, we overpaid for guys that are fourth liners or can barely justify a roster spot.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Don't think we'll see many more move until we get closer to next season. About to enter the NHL period of the Dog days of summer but this time it's the winter edition.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Only because we have so many bloated contracts. That's what irks me the most, honestly. Overpaying on term for a guy like Tanev is something you do. Not only because he's a good player but he's been a warrior for your team. If he falls off by three year or so. No big deal. Tanev won't be a liability. Instead, we overpaid for guys that are fourth liners or can barely justify a roster spot.

Even this is generous. Baertschi and the Spooner buyout would cover Tanev’s cap hit, nevermind players like Eriksson and Benn who shouldn’t be consistent roster players based on last year (and Sutter/Beagle/Roussel are replaceable with $1-2 million depth players). They make up like $23 mill in dead cap space.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Tanev should be here instead of Myers.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Just because last time I suggested they target Hawyrluk and they actually went out and signed him, I'm going to throw out another name who should also be cheap: Dominik Kahun. He's been insanely productive at ES over the last 2 years while playing in a depth role, and largely without PP stats to boost his numbers too.

He also seems to be a decent playmaker too, so he'd be a nice fit alongside Horvat instead of Pearson...

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I wonder what kind of celebration the team will have for Loui's 1000th game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad