Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Miller is gone. We should all accept it. He's not re-signing here so it's only a matter of when the trade happens, but it's happening.

(My opinion but it's one I'm very confident in.)
I was sure of that too, now Im quite torn on the issue and not sure what to think is best. Rutherford and Alvin really have their work cut out for them

I wanna say my preference is trade Horvat, Brock Boeser, Motte, Etc and see if theres any possibility at trading Myers, OEL, Poolman, Dickinson, Halak, Etc

But maybe theres a deal that can be made that includes Miller and Keeps Horvat that will blow us all away and make us love it, who knows at this point

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I was sure of that too, now Im quite torn on the issue and not sure what to think is best. Rutherford and Alvin really have their work cut out for them

I wanna say my preference is trade Horvat, Brock Boeser, Motte, Etc and see if theres any possibility at trading Myers, OEL, Poolman, Dickinson, Halak, Etc

But maybe theres a deal that can be made that includes Miller and Keeps Horvat that will blow us all away and make us love it, who knows at this point

I'm basing my opinion on thinking that Miller isn't re-signing here regardless of money. After seeing the lightning win two cups immediately after him getting traded, he's going to sign where he has the best shot at winning and winning often.

Personally I'm torn on it as well, and either result I would be fine with it, if it was up to me. (Him staying or going.)

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Boston would almost certainly be Lysell and a 1st for Garland.

I dont think Colorado should make any major moves. They were like 36-3-3 after their first 10 games. I think that proves the team should be kept intact for at least the remainder of the season and you make chances in the offseason if they dont go far in the playoffs.

Im starting to learn to Hoglander being traded before the TDL for you rh D help

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
If we traded Myers we could keep everyone and even perhaps upgrade our LW position

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here's the info from the article:

Here’s a look at Canucks players who may move before the NHL trade deadline on March 21:
J.T. Miller

There’s been plenty of noise about the skilled forward who is having the best offensive season (20-40-60 in 53 games) of his career. A team trading for him would immediately see their offence upgraded and would push a player currently on their first line, like the Leafs’ Michael Bunting, down the depth chart, which is exactly how a contender should reinforce itself, not by adding to the bottom of the roster but to the top. Any team talking trade with the Leafs would surely be interested in a prospect like Topi Niemela, but would the Leafs be willing to part with such a blue chipper? No matter who they’re asking for, the Canucks’ asking price is high because they know how much of an upgrade Miller would be to any other club.

Conor Garland

Garland is another player other teams are interested in. The Leafs have been watching the Canucks closely of late, but it’s tough to say whether that’s been simply about scouting an upcoming opponent (the Canucks hosted the Leafs just 10 days ago and are in Toronto on Saturday) or interest in particular players on the Canucks. Compared to Miller, Garland would be a lesser-tier addition, though still a handy forward to add to the lineup, especially as he’s on a very team-friendly contract for another four seasons (at US $4.95 million per annum). The Canucks weren’t alone in valuing Garland’s energetic, crafty play: The Leafs were one of many teams to pitch on Garland last season, but in the end the Coyotes knew that he’d likely have to move in a package with Oliver Ekman-Larsson, which he did. All this said, Garland’s contract is a positive for the Canucks, so they wouldn’t be letting him go lightly.

Brock Boeser

Boeser is said to be really happy in Vancouver. He’s a quality finisher and a good all-around player whose understanding of the intricacies of the game are only getting better and better. Maybe he deserves a shot on the penalty kill? His contract question — he would need to be qualified this off-season at US $7.5 million for the Canucks to retain his restricted free agency rights — is an important consideration in looking at a Miller or a Boeser trade. Who gives you better long-term value, a mid-to-late 20s Boeser or an early-30s Miller, assuming Miller is willing to re-sign in Vancouver at all?

Bo Horvat

At five-on-five play, the Canucks’ captain is in a slump of late. He has just two goals at even strength since Christmas. But when he’s on his game, Horvat is a quality meter-mover, just on energy alone. Last season was the first season in five he didn’t hit 20 goals, but that was only because it was a shortened campaign. Even with his slump, Horvat has been scoring on the power play and is still well on pace to score 20 and perhaps even set a career high. If the Canucks were looking to shuffle up their team’s culture, they could get good value for Horvat.

Tyler Myers

After a strong start to the season, Myers’ play has returned to what it was in Winnipeg, a defenceman who is best suited to the third pair. His contract, of course, is big, with two years left to go and US $11 million still due. He might be appealing ahead of the 2023-24 season, as he has a $5-million bonus due that summer and only $1 million in salary for the final year of his deal, so perhaps a team like Arizona or Ottawa that is interested in players with cap hits bigger than what they are still due to be paid, would trade for him. But even with his the remaining money on his deal, teams have apparently made enquiries about Myers this season.

It's not some ringing endorsement about Myers moving. Literally the last sentence in the whole article.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Garland to Boston for Lysell+1st
Myers for Pick and filler dman
Motte to Washington for 2nd
Dickinson for prospect+mid round pick

what I think will happen.

Really think we move Miller on draft day for a haul

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Let’s be serious here… ferland would waive his NTC as he’s never playing again… it’s like seabrook/ pronger situation.

The benefit of moving him is to free up LTIR to create more space for halak’s bonus, so it doesn’t carry over to next year.
Vancouver has to move A LOT of salary in order to absorb Halak’s bonus this year. Somewhere in the order of $7m

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Boston would almost certainly be Lysell and a 1st for Garland.

I dont think Colorado should make any major moves. They were like 36-3-3 after their first 10 games. I think that proves the team should be kept intact for at least the remainder of the season and you make chances in the offseason if they dont go far in the playoffs.

Im starting to learn to Hoglander being traded before the TDL for you rh D help

Bednar has recently complained publicly about not trusting his depth players and the general lack of depth. Up front, they're not super deep. With Byram out, the back end is thin and they've had to dress MacDermid in far too many games. Colorado's elite players are good enough to blast the doors off regardless, but I think Sakic will try to add competent depth. I think guys like Schenn and Motte would appeal to them.

I've said before, but trading Hoglander would be a mistake. No one is sending back a young-ish, top-four defender for him. But he still leads all Canuck players in individual chance generation. Keep him, help him get better, and there's a top-six player there.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Bednar has recently complained publicly about not trusting his depth players and the general lack of depth. Up front, they're not super deep. With Byram out, the back end is thin and they've had to dress MacDermid in far too many games. Colorado's elite players are good enough to blast the doors off regardless, but I think Sakic will try to add competent depth. I think guys like Schenn and Motte would appeal to them.

I've said before, but trading Hoglander would be a mistake. No one is sending back a young-ish, top-four defender for him. But he still leads all Canuck players in individual chance generation. Keep him, help him get better, and there's a top-six player there.

yeah. exactly. avs need motte n schenn

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think that’s what they’ll try and do, honestly. Just have to move two guys really, which is probably what they do at minimum prior to deadline day.

It's two big contracts that need to be moved. You need to get clear of the LTIR hit (5.2m right now), clear of whatever the replacement players cap hits are, and then have enough left over for Halak's bonus. It's doable just difficult.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Please let this be true. I’d be willing to trade an asset with him to offload Myers.

If we traded Myers we could keep everyone and even perhaps upgrade our LW position
There's so much media garble clickbait...This does not mean he's on the block....he's like 90% of the roster that other teams are interested in...Which, in a way, is no different from most other NHL teams..You've got your top 5-6, and anybody else is in play (if the price is right).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad