Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
NHL contracts are insured against injury so if the player is injured, they receive their salary but the team doesn't actually pay the money out of their pocket. Ferland's contract, if it is uninsured, actually requires real money. That's why the other contracts are valuable, teams increase their LTIR space but don't actually have to pay any salary to do so.

It's still mindboggling that Benning signed an uninsurable player for 4 years.

Side question: How many current players are uninsured?

BrentSopelsHair

Mar 2, 2016
StuckInYourDrain
Hoglander's play has been poor compared to what's expected of him given what he showed last year and his expected real talent level.

I'm pretty okay with him having a sophomore slump and can't really understand the zeal with which people are shitting on the guy. He's super young and will likely figure it out! There are so many larger problems with this team to focus on than a young guy having a slightly disappointing second NHL season at age 21 lol

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
As he should. He has been awful
yes it's one thing to struggle and another to be wildly unpredictable a turnover machine and lose your checks defensively.

The lone goal which cost Demko his shutout against the Flames was a atrocious effort by Hoglander on the backcheck.

It's not super uncommon on this team but when you are failing at the very things your supposed to bring (offense) and let down Demko who deserved a shutout in that game that starts to leave a bad taste in coaches and teammates mouths.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Hoglander's play has been poor compared to what's expected of him given what he showed last year and his expected real talent level.

I'm pretty okay with him having a sophomore slump and can't really understand the zeal with which people are shitting on the guy. He's super young and will likely figure it out! There are so many larger problems with this team to focus on than a young guy having a slightly disappointing second NHL season at age 21 lol
Who was doing this?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Was just thinking the same thing lol. Some posters become super defensive when a team prospect/ young player is criticized
I think Jannik Hansen nailed it last week when he said that it would be good for players who have things to work on (specifically in that interview Hoglander) to spend some time in the AHL to learn to play the right way and gain confidence

Feb 19, 2018
To everyone wanting a move (any move) done by the new management, they are actually playing it super smart. It seems the longer they play under BB the higher their value will be by the deadline, even the draft playing out the rest of the season. Under Green our guys value was arguably at an all time low, playing under Bruce and excelling will only strengthen what we get back in return, JR can just say ever since Bruce took over Boeser is on pace for 40 goals and there is a big enough “sample size” to prove him right. You trade him and he’s on pace for a 50 points total pace, then he’s worth half with the qualifying offer looming.
The more patience we give, the more wins/goals/assists the player’s pace under Bruce, the more we get.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think Hoglander has been criticized that much here. If you look at the "top 15 Canucks this year" every person has him inside their top15 (except for me).

I think he has been a replacement-level player this year. He's offered little offensively and isn't great defensively. I don't think he's been terrible or anything, he's just kind of filling a spot out here which is a gigantic shift from last year where I thought he was one of the best forwards.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I don't think Hoglander has been criticized that much here. If you look at the "top 15 Canucks this year" every person has him inside their top15 (except for me).

I think he has been a replacement-level player this year. He's offered little offensively and isn't great defensively. I don't think he's been terrible or anything, he's just kind of filling a spot out here which is a gigantic shift from last year where I thought he was one of the best forwards.

I thought he was one of our best players in October/November, and indeed he opened the season with 8 ES points in 16 games without a ton of ice time.

Since then, though. Oof.

Reactions: Peen and Vector

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
My optimistic take is that they're openly shitting on Hoglander because he's safe in the long term plans, whereas they're playing up the value of guys like Motte and Highmore that are on the trade block.

That's not to say that Hog has been good the past couple months or that the latter two are not deserving of the praise.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
hopefully this team does something to improve and not try and resell the fans this core after one or two trades.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Mentions that Capitals have interest in Motte. Leafs and Devils could be in the market for Garland but this is speculation.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Just some thoughts
Miller is LA would probably be the Ideal fit if we cant get Schneider out of NY
The last thing the leafs need is another top 6 F
Boeser/Garland to NJD would probably look something like Zacha, B prospect and a 2nd round pick
I can definitely see HOglander being traded for a similar rhd, someone like Jokiharju

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Miller is gone. We should all accept it. He's not re-signing here so it's only a matter of when the trade happens, but it's happening.

(My opinion but it's one I'm very confident in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille