Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Miller for Schnieder, 2023 1st, Chytil and 2022 2nd

Brock Boeser for a 1st and b prospect

Motte for a 2nd and 4th

Dickinson for a 2027 7th

PoolMan for a 2028 7th

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
is moving Schenn really going to move the needle? I mean is this what we should be spending time looking at, for what a 3rd or 4th rounder for him? our focus should be on moving guys like Horvat, Miller and Boeser, figuring out how we reshape this team and how we want to move forward. If a team calls us and says hey we'll give you a 2nd rounder for Schenn sure but I'm not so sure how likely that will be.
I simply think we should shop everyone. Personally if we can get a second than yes sell schenn. If not then dont.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I simply think we should shop everyone. Personally if we can get a second than yes sell schenn. If not then dont.
Of course. No player in the league is untouchable but we have a decent idea of the value of our players. Some of them mAke sense to trade and some do not. Moving a player with grit and character for a mid round pick is a mistake

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Of course. No player in the league is untouchable but we have a decent idea of the value of our players. Some of them mAke sense to trade and some do not. Moving a player with grit and character for a mid round pick is a mistake
Sure and i am litterally saying to trade him for what makes sense. To me thats a second cause you can find some good players their with decent luck. Or we can use it in a trade for a player.

However If you think hes worth more thats fine.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Sure and i am litterally saying to trade him for what makes sense. To me thats a second cause you can find some good players their with decent luck. Or we can use it in a trade for a player.

However If you think hes worth more thats fine.
A late second? I would probably pass as I don’t like this draft but I can certainly understand folks that would take the pick.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Horvat for Othmann, 1st and Chytil

Boeser for LA's 1st round pick and Francesco Pinelli

Miller for Hendrix Lapierre+WSH 2023 1st pick and Joe Snively

A couple of trades for Fantasy land

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Miller for Schnieder, 2023 1st, Chytil and 2022 2nd

Brock Boeser for a 1st and b prospect

Motte for a 2nd and 4th

Dickinson for a 2027 7th

PoolMan for a 2028 7th

Would keep Motte and try and package Dickinson with Boeser for Zacha, Mcleod and a B prospect/2022 2nd

Poolman can stay

Reactions: M2Beezy

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Lines would look like

Pearson Horvat Garland
Zacha Petey Chytil? (Sign Forsberg ?) or maybe use Karlsson as a stop gap
Hoglander Mcleod Podz
Motte Lammiko Highmore

Hughes Schnieder
OEL Myers
Rathbone Poolman/Schenn

Also gives us 2/3 picks in the top 50

Reactions: Fatass

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Schenn has more value for us, because he works with Hughes, than any return he’d bring, so you may as well keep him.

if someone gives a 2nd for him, absolutely take it, but I don’t think anyone would offer more than a late rounder

Schenn is at best a #6 and the whole league knows this.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
This team in really, really bad shape when people won't take a 2nd for Schenn for fear of it hurting too much and falling apart.

It's Luke Schenn, career journey man. Take the 2nd and run laughing. Take a 3rd and say thank you.
Pretty much everyone is saying if you can get a 2nd for Schenn you take it. And then offering cogent reasons why it doesn’t make sense to trade him for a more mid round pick.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
This team in really, really bad shape when people won't take a 2nd for Schenn for fear of it hurting too much and falling apart.

It's Luke Schenn, career journey man. Take the 2nd and run laughing. Take a 3rd and say thank you.

if teams were offering a 2nd for Schenn he would've been traded by now... so who is offering a 2nd for him?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
if teams were offering a 2nd for Schenn he would've been traded by now... so who is offering a 2nd for him?

Take what you can get. Getting over attached to marginal players is why we didn't pick up some of the young Dmen on waivers (Oliver Kylington). We also need to create places for people like young D we will get in deadline trades.

Schenn won't be around when this team gets good enough, so let's not hold onto him because he's had a few good recent months as a 32yo.

Reactions: Peen and arttk

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Lines would look like

Pearson Horvat Garland
Zacha Petey Chytil? (Sign Forsberg ?) or maybe use Karlsson as a stop gap
Hoglander Mcleod Podz
Motte Lammiko Highmore

Hughes Schnieder
OEL Myers
Rathbone Poolman/Schenn

Also gives us 2/3 picks in the top 50
Benning sure left a mess. It's going to take a lot of good trades, and excellent drafting to clean it up. We are going to be bad for several more years.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Folks need to realize is the sum of what we can get that matters. Yes a late round pick in isolation sucks but if we end up having like 3 1st, 2-3 2nd rounders and 1 extra 3rd rounder, that makes a big difference in terms of what we can actually get done.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I’ve said before, we should be keeping players on good contracts, not moving them. An overpayment offer might change things, but still.

Good contracts aren't really of much use on a weaker team. Canucks have Demko on a sweet deal, so they get a few extra points from his play plus perhaps a couple of points from the value of paying him $5M instead of $7M and being able to spend that $2M on an upgrade at another position-- and as a result maybe finish 20th in the standings instead of 27th and lose position in the draft order.

In Schenn's case, he's a low-level veteran so it's largely much ado about nothing. Trade him, keep him, doesn't matter much either way.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Schenn has more value for us, because he works with Hughes, than any return he’d bring, so you may as well keep him.

if someone gives a 2nd for him, absolutely take it, but I don’t think anyone would offer more than a late rounder

Agreed. Schenn gives stability to Hughes and is super cheap. For those reasons alone you keep him. You would not be just trading Schenn. Keeping them together allows Quinn to continue to grow as a defenseman in a comfortable space.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Agreed. Schenn gives stability to Hughes and is super cheap. For those reasons alone you keep him. You would not be just trading Schenn. Keeping them together allows Quinn to continue to grow as a defenseman in a comfortable space.
Or you can trade Schenn for a 2nd and package that to get rid of Hamonic. Trade Motte and use that pick to get rid of Poolman. Once you free up enough cap, you can go help out Tampa and Vegas by taking on players for little to no cost.

Reactions: Fatass

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Or you can trade Schenn for a 2nd and package that to get rid of Hamonic. Trade Motte and use that pick to get rid of Poolman. Once you free up enough cap, you can go help out Tampa and Vegas by taking on players for little to no cost.

and who will give up a second for Schenn? that's a lot for Schenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad