Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This is the thing with him, as a player, for me. If you trade Miller it's to fill a weakness in C or D. I don't see him really moving the team forward even if he develops into a solid scoring winger.

I mean, I don't see how we don't need scoring wingers, frankly.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I just view C and D as a far more pressing problem and would prioritize those players. Not going to say the Canucks are set on the wings but it’s the one area where it’s not a total weakness.

Last edited:
Reactions: vanuck and m9

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is the thing with him, as a player, for me. If you trade Miller it's to fill a weakness in C or D. I don't see him really moving the team forward even if he develops into a solid scoring winger.

For sure.

Which is why I wouldn't want to pay a premium for him and if we took a Lafreniere would also want a quality young D back from NYR.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I mean, we do?

But with Garland (25), Hoglander (21), Podkolzin (20), and Klimovich and McDonough being two of our only half-decent prospects there's at least a semblance of youth/depth there.

At C and D, it's freaking tumbleweeds.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I mean, we do?

But with Garland (25), Hoglander (21), Podkolzin (20), and Klimovich and McDonough being two of our only half-decent prospects there's at least a semblance of youth/depth there.

At C and D, it's freaking tumbleweeds.

Always prefer just having a roster full of C depth. Just look at the last 2 cup winner C depth.

Tampa: Point, Gourde, Stamkos, Coleman, Cirelli, Johnson, Goodrow, Colton
St Louis: Schenn, ROR, Bozak, Thomas, Sundqvist, Technically Schwartz as well

Reactions: vanuck

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Always prefer just having a roster full of C depth. Just look at the last 2 cup winner C depth.

We've taken a grand total of 2 Cs in the top 100 picks of the draft since 2014.

Pettersson (5 years ago) and Madden (traded before he played a pro game).

It's actually mindblowing when you think about it.

Reactions: CanuckCity and Peen

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021

Winger is an Easier position so it makes sense. Get a bunch of NHL caliber Centers and if need be put em on a wing they are comfortable with.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I mean moving Miller is a drastic move but, I would assume they are hearing some other names as well

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
This isn't in relation to Miller or Boeser but I'm curious if Pierre-Olivier Joseph ends up being a minor name to keep an eye on.

Rutherford traded for him in Pittsburgh and Castonguay was his agent. His waiver eligibility ends at the start of next season and he's having a strong AHL season. Potential cheap blueline depth.
Last time we traded for a player that is about to be waiver eligible and has familiarity with people in the organization, we ended up trading a 2nd for Vey.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
At this point Id rather trade Boeser and Horvat than Miller. Demko Hughes Pettersson and Miller should realistically be the only ones to keep. Motte can stay too

Reactions: CanuckCity

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Everyone is underrating tf outta Miller on the main boards. If he goes to NYR or Minny (One if Laf/Kakko Is included or One of Boldy/Rossi) End of discussion. Laf+Lundqvist for Miller @50%+Motte.
If I was in NYR position I make that trade every day of the damn week. I regret not going all in even more from 2009-2012. Jeff Carter should have been acquired for prospects at that time.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Everyone not named Hughes, Demko, Petersson, Hoglander and Podkolzin should be available for trade at the TDL.

Perfect time to get max value for Miller, Boeser and Horvat.

Start the mini rebuild/retool.

Reactions: David71

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Everyone not named Hughes, Demko, Petersson, Hoglander and Podkolzin should be available for trade at the TDL.

Perfect time to get max value for Miller, Boeser and Horvat.

Start the mini rebuild/retool.
You can’t trade horvat and miller.
If that happens, you keep Miller and trade boeser and Horvat

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Nothing if your tanking. Also those and petey would be the only centers if you get like 0 young centers in the trade. Which i doubt it. At least one should be able to return a young center.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Nothing if your tanking. Also those and petey would be the only centers if you get like 0 young centers in the trade. Which i doubt it. At least one should be able to return a young center.
Can’t see the team tanking. I’d be shocked if they tear it down. They have to keep one of Bo or Miller or they won’t be able to make the playoffs for years. Boeser has to be the first to go.

Reactions: MS

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I'm pretty much set on one of Valimaki or Mackey to fill out the left D depth chart. I could see Calgary looking at Motte or possibly Pearson. Neither one of those guys gets us Valimaki, but I can't see Calgary turning down Motte for Mackey.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
With very limited untouchables on the roster, and Rutherford saying he's been listening to many offers on certain players, it makes for exciting times as a Canucks fan. Now that Allvin is rumored to be made official today, the trades may be coming very soon. It will be definitely interesting to see what core players are left. How much our picks and prospects have bolstered or not. By the time the trade deadline is over, this team could look drastically different.

This is good, actually excited to see if the Canucks can bring in something major to help them succeed for the future.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad