Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
If Calgary is Willing to give us an unconditional first in 2022 and 2023 I think you have to look at that.

Good chance one of those picks will be a top 10 pick

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Wild are 100% the best fit from a Canucks POV out of that list.

Boston makes a ton of sense of why they would want Miller but they don't have any pieces of interest.

Flames don't have much either. Maybe some level of Zary + Coronato/Pelletier + 1st. But that seems pretty meh especially to a division rival.

Please be Minny.

Reactions: pitseleh

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Wild (Boldy, Rossi, Wallstedt, Khusnitinov, Lambos, O'Rourke) and Rangers (Schnieder, Lundkvist, Jones, Othmann, Laf/Kakko) have the best quality assets to trade, followed by the Avalanche (Barron, Newhook, Olausson)

Bruins are pretty barren outside of Swayman and like...Vakkanainen? Calgary I would want the 1st, Mangiapane, Valimaki, maybe more. Would want an absolute heist if it was going to be CGY.

Last edited:
Reactions: pitseleh

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Wild are 100% the best fit from a Canucks POV out of that list.

Boston makes a ton of sense of why they would want Miller but they don't have any pieces of interest.

Flames don't have much either. Maybe some level of Zary + Coronato/Pelletier + 1st. But that seems pretty meh especially to a division rival.

Please be Minny.

If that was on the table I would probably take it I am a big fan of Coronato tho. I don't really care about trading to division rivals just get the best package back you can. We should have traded Schneider to Edmonton and gotten the better return tbh.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
There's no way in hell we would trade Miller to Calgary.

But drive up the price, drive up the price.
Doesn't matter to me who we trade him to. Take the best offer.

If we can use the "higher price within the division" nonsense to drive the price up, that would be ideal.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Wild (Boldy, Rossi, Wallstedt, Khusnitinov, Lambos, O'Rourke) and Rangers (Schnieder, Lundkvist, Jones, Othmann, Laf/Kakko) have the best quality assets to trade, followed by the Avalanche (Barron, Newhook, Olausson)

Bruins are pretty barren outside of Swayman and like...Vakkanainen? Calgary I would want the 1st, Mangiapane, Valimaki. Would want an absolute heist if it was going to be CGY.
Wild aren't going to trade Rossi, boldy, wallstedt or Marat Khusnutdinov. None of those prospect will be on table for wild or lambos

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Wild aren't going to trade Rossi, boldy, wallstedt or Marat Khusnutdinov. None of those prospect will be on table for wild or lambos

why because they will all be impact NHLers? I can understand the top 3 but not being willing to give up Khusnudinov and Lambos is pretty much saying you don't want Miller

Greenway, your 6th best prospect and 1st will be laughed off by Rutherford

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
What do the Bruins even have to offer? How good is Brandon Carlo?

Carlo is great. Miller for Carlo + a first and a prospect I would be ok with.

I'd be happy with this. Go out and get someone like Dillon and our d would be pretty good.

Hughes-Carlo
OEL-Myers
Dillon-Poolman

Doubt Boston would consider Carlo, especially if they're adding. He'd leave a gaping hole in their defence, and they would be looking to replace him immediately after trading him.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Ok, then your team wont be getting an insanely valuable all situations player to compete for the next two playoff runs at 2.7MM (retained 50%). Simple as that.

Like I get it, every team's fans get attached to prospects, especially on a prospects-focused forum. But at the end of the day your team is solid right now and your management might want to push the group over the top for the next two years, and that's means paying the price.

Reactions: rypper and Red

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
why because they will all be impact NHLers? I can understand the top 3 but not being willing to give up Khusnudinov and Lambos is pretty much saying you don't want Miller

Greenway, your 6th best prospect and 1st will be laughed off by Rutherford

Yeah because lambos was just drafted this past year! There's under no circumstances are boldy, jasper, or Marat going to get traded for 1.5 years of jt

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
Guerin apparently made it clear that picks and prospects were not going to be available, so if its MIN I would imagine that Fiala or Dumba will be the main return.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Yeah because lambos was just drafted this past year! There's under no circumstances are boldy, jasper, or Marat going to get traded for 1.5 years of jt

If the window for winning is 1.5 years and those players don't have a big impact on that timeframe, its possible those are exactly the circumstances any of those players get moved.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015

then you are not going to get Miller

Not sure if I think you guys should get him anyways. Might be a early to make win now moves with the buyout costs looming ahead

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
No JT Miller for you. Insiders are saying that the Canucks will likely get even more than a 1st + top prospect

Rutherford is the same person who badly overpaid for Zucker. I know Canucks fans are excited about him, but he's not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad