Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Rutherford is the same person who badly overpaid for Zucker. I know Canucks fans are excited about him, but he's not that good.

I’m not sure what you’re here arguing.

If your GM doesn’t want to trade any of your best 5 young assets that’s fine but there is zero chance that JT Miller will end up on your team if that’s the case.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Advice to fans of teams with good teams that have a shot to make a push, but are coming here to say that their top prospects are definitively off the table: buzz off!

This comes from someone who deeply, deeply, regrets not trading more futures/picks/top prospects to bolster our team for the 2 seasons where we were truly excellent. We should have sent whatever it took to acquire Jeff Carter in 11-12.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Rutherford is the same person who badly overpaid for Zucker. I know Canucks fans are excited about him, but he's not that good.

Rutherford realized that his team was good now and there was zero point in holding onto what is usually a late-1st when you have a few more seasons of Crosby Malkin Letang core left. This is what you should do when your team is good and can make a meaningful push.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
If Zucker got a first and a good prospect, what do you think an 80-point #1C on a bargain contract will command?

He overpay and people laughed @ him for this. Very curious sincerely why people use one bad trade as a measuring stick?

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
This is nonsense. If Miller gets traded to the Wild, Canucks will be getting a top prospect(s) and draft pick(s).

Respectfully then it won't be from us. Our gm just like Edmonton made it clear he has no interest in parting with picks or prospect

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
He overpay and people laughed @ him for this. Very curious sincerely why people use one bad trade as a measuring stick?

What trades would you use as a measuring stick?

Duchene/Coleman seem to be the best examples I've seen mentioned on this board. They both got big hauls and neither are as valuable as Miller with possible cap retention.

Reactions: timw33

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Like, Minnesota in particular should be all over this, probably more so than any other team in the league.

Kaprizov needs a better C in the worst way imaginable, tons of prospects to spare, not exactly a desirable UFA destination.

If they're tired of being the 13th best team in the league and being outed in the first round, they'll roll the dice on this.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
What trades would you use as a measuring stick?

Duchene/Coleman seem to be the best examples I've seen mentioned on this board. They both got big hauls and neither are as valuable as Miller with possible cap retention.
Exactly. Take the Coleman trade and add another 1st round pick (or something of value equivalent to a 1st) on top of it.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Respectfully then it won't be from us. Our gm just like Edmonton made it clear he has no interest in parting with picks or prospect

Ok so like why are you here?

"Respectfully", Miller is getting a 1st + top prospect at the very least. It might be from your team, it might not, but that's the rumor which we are discussing. If you're not willing to pay, doesn't mean your GM isn't, and if your GM isn't, doesn't mean someone else won't.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I mean it’s obvious that Rossi or boldy won’t be moved… nor would wallstadt. Those 3 are arguably their best prospects. To say you aren’t trading lambos too who is like 4-5 on their depth chart is a bit ridiculous. Perhaps they should aim lower for Henrique then.

Said well above, if you have a legitimate shot for a cup run then take it and run. To save a prospect who isn’t even at top of the food chain won’t get you too far (or at least not fetch the top grade players to help).

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Mind boggling how fans want to just hold on to their prospects and not upgrade their team. Never gunna win that way
I mean get wanting to keep all of them… but need to weigh the pros of getting an impact player to go on a cup run. None of those prospects listed will get you there in the next few seasons. Plus wild need a top centre so badly! You got to give to get.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I mean get wanting to keep all of them… but need to weigh the pros of getting an impact player to go on a cup run. None of those prospects listed will get you there in the next few seasons. Plus wild need a top centre so badly! You got to give to get.
Exactly. With the exception of Rossi there should be no prospect off the table

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If we’re dealing Miller, I’d like him out of our conference ideally - if New York is hot and heavy, I’d start there. Something including Lafreniere coming back - give the kid a chance with a change of scenery to see if he can re-discover his game.

Colorado would be an interesting trade partner, especially if Byram could come back - I know there’s a concussion issue, but hopefully it’s one he can bounce back from. But again, I’d like Miller out of our conference.

Hard no to Calgary.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
If we’re dealing Miller, I’d like him out of our conference ideally - if New York is hot and heavy, I’d start there. Something including Lafreniere coming back - give the kid a chance with a change of scenery to see if he can re-discover his game.

Colorado would be an interesting trade partner, especially if Byram could come back - I know there’s a concussion issue, but hopefully it’s one he can bounce back from. But again, I’d like Miller out of our conference.

Hard no to Calgary.

I don't think Colorado can afford to keep Miller, and barring a miracle the Canucks won't be in a position to contend for a Stanley Cup next year, so I think it's ok to send him there. Agree on Calgary, and the pieces that would come back from NYR/COL make more sense for the Canucks.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I wonder if Calgary puts a huge offer on the table for Miller to help convince Tkachuk/Gaudreau to stay and sign extensions. A long playoff run would certainly help and I don't really care about in-division trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad