Fantasy Baseball Thread V

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have Kluber and Verlander as keepers in my AL-only auction league. They both have a few dollars in value. I have almost no hitters that are keepers. I've been offered Correa for Kluber straight up. Good deal or should I hang on to Kluber and just prioritize offense in the draft?

There's always the threat of Kluber being traded to an NL team. What do you think Correa's value is for your league compared to the market value?

Keep 3 from this list in a modified keeper/dynasty league.

Juan Soto
Trevor Story
Gleyber Torres
Gerritt Cole

Also, was Patrick Corbin's last season the real him going forward? Would you consider trading Cole for a high draft pick and keeping Corbin instead? My inclination is no.

If you're going to trade Cole for a high pick, I'd just keep the three hitters.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Won't know what's available in draft until keeper submissions are announced, and obviously mine will already be in by then. Draft rounds are not impacted by keepers, so just looking at value in a vacuum (mostly). Keepers are for one year only save for one player - that's probably going to be Soto moving forward. So I guess I'm looking for one-year ranking for Story, Torres and Cole.

Thanks. Trying not to bog down with all the league rules...

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Won't know what's available in draft until keeper submissions are announced, and obviously mine will already be in by then. Draft rounds are not impacted by keepers, so just looking at value in a vacuum (mostly). Keepers are for one year only save for one player - that's probably going to be Soto moving forward. So I guess I'm looking for one-year ranking for Story, Torres and Cole.

Thanks. Trying not to bog down with all the league rules...

Well, the rules are kinda important, haha.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
So I have a framework on a deal negotiated out last night, but I feel like I need a 2nd or 3rd opinion...

NL Only, Dynasty ($2 yearly increase for MLB players; no increase for MiLB, $300 cap for 40 roster slots), 12 team-

I get- L Castillo, Cin ($7) and V Robles Was ($5)

I give- D Waters Atl ($2), Esty Ruiz SD ($2), R Ray Ari ($11), N Markakis Atl ($11)

I'm looking to cut salary for our auction and grab some ammunition for a rebuild, but I do have a good chance at contending this year.

So I guess my big question is, does anyone have a good read on how Washington is going to handle Robles this season?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So I have a framework on a deal negotiated out last night, but I feel like I need a 2nd or 3rd opinion...

NL Only, Dynasty ($2 yearly increase for MLB players; no increase for MiLB, $300 cap for 40 roster slots), 12 team-

I get- L Castillo, Cin ($7) and V Robles Was ($5)

I give- D Waters Atl ($2), Esty Ruiz SD ($2), R Ray Ari ($11), N Markakis Atl ($11)

I'm looking to cut salary for our auction and grab some ammunition for a rebuild, but I do have a good chance at contending this year.

So I guess my big question is, does anyone have a good read on how Washington is going to handle Robles this season?

I wouldn't even consider that trade to be honest. Ray is a borderline top 10 pitcher in NL only leagues, and at $11, he's probably well below market value. Robles is probably starting in the minors. If Harper re-signs, they'll go with Soto-Harper-Eaton in the outfield. Taylor is the fourth outfielder. They occasionally play Kendrick and Adams in the outfield. I honestly think Robles will eventually be trade bait, so I wouldn't want him in a league specific league.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
They protected him all last year despite numerous big offers for him, according to writers. I don't think he's anything close to trade bait.

And I'm getting tired of Ray wrecking my ratios and rarely ever going past 5 innings.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
They protected him all last year despite numerous big offers for him, according to writers. I don't think he's anything close to trade bait.

And I'm getting tired of Ray wrecking my ratios and rarely ever going past 5 innings.

I thought that was a huge mistake in terms of trying to compete for a championship.

I think you could get a lot more for Ray if you want to trade him that badly.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Sorry, @rangerssharks414, if I came off a little combative with that response. I appreciate the response and I was trying to explain a little more of my reasoning.

I might be able to get more for Ray, but it wouldn't be until after our auction (March) as we're in the offseason section where everyone is trying to either get under the cap ($300) or to leverage existing cap room into low balling some owners that need to cut salary.

I had a 2nd place finish last year, which had me buying all kinds of players during the year which out me way over the cap. Fortunately I was able to get slightly under without cutting anything that really hurt. Unfortunately, that puts me in a position of having a fairly complete roster, but with still needing to add competent players at auction but possessing one of the lowest budgets. Cutting all my fat will afford me around a $50 budget with most other teams looking to have $100+.

Markakis is pretty much a no brainer to be let go after this year and Ray has been subject to trade rumors. Castillo is fairly similar to Ray, but Cincy is less likely to move him, is cheaper, and showed a lot of progress in the 2nd half last season. Whereas Ray hasn't show the ability to make it to 5 innings a lot of the time and becomes simultaneously hittable and unhittable in games. Robles gives me years of production (10 HR/20SB floor) plays well for years.

One other deal I've been offered but balked at initially, but am mulling over is-

I get- T Shaw Mil ($20) and M Muncy ($4)

I give- D Waters Atl ($2), L Patino SD ($2), E Montero StL ($1)

It puts my budget near non-existent for the auction, but it also almost fills my hitters (needing only a catcher and Utl spots- if I don't cut Longo). It could also allow me to release Desmond (who's about at market value) for some salary relief.

The lineup would look like this-

C- Suzuki ($7)
C-
1B- Aguliar ($5)
2B- C Hernandez ($9)
3B- Arendado ($29)
SS- Story ($9)
CI- Myers ($27)
MI- Shaw ($20)
OF- Cain ($27)
OF- Kemp ($8)
OF- Markakis ($11)
OF- Desmond ($24)
Utl- Muncy ($4)
Utl- Longoria ($19) --more than likely cut or traded

I could allocate my remaining budget towards supplementing my decidedly average pitching-

P- Chacin ($7)
P- Ray ($11)
P- Wood ($7)
P- Maeda ($24) --maybe cut
P- Seranthony ($4)
P- Yates $6)
P- Doolittle ($12)
P- Lugo ($5)
P- Gsellman ($8) --likely being cut

The trade would also pretty much wipe out my minor league stock, leaving my with basically lottery tickets like Troy Stokes, Miguel Vargas, Esty Ruiz, Zack Short, Tony Gosolin. But prospects can always be found while rebuilding, right?

Sorry for the long rambling post. I don't really get to pour out my fantasy thoughts because of the specialized nature of my league. Any input for anyone would be welcomed.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
What do you guys think of my team?

1. Trea Turner (Was - SS)
2. Chris Sale (Bos - SP)
3. Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)
4. Blake Snell (TB - SP)
5. Ozzie Albies (Atl - 2B)
6. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (Tor - 3B)
7. Salvador Perez (KC - C)
8. Adalberto Mondesi (KC - 2B,SS)
9. Scooter Gennett (Cin - 2B)
10. Roberto Osuna (Hou - RP)
11. Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
12. Michael Brantley (Hou - OF)
13. Ender Inciarte (Atl - OF)
14. Ian Desmond (Col - 1B,OF)
15. J.A. Happ (NYY - SP)
16. Dallas Keuchel (Hou - SP)
17. Shohei Ohtani (Pitcher) (LAA - SP)
18. Cody Allen (LAA - RP)
19. Jurickson Profar (Oak - 1B,2B,3B,SS)
20. Justin Smoak (Tor - 1B)
21. Shin-soo Choo (Tex - OF)
22. Joey Lucchesi (SD - SP)
23. Arodys Vizcaíno (Atl - RP)

Reactions: Franson

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
My draft is still a ways away before I have to start planning, but I just want some opinions on positions I should focus on drafting right away based on my scoring structure (what we used last year and likely will reuse)

BATTERS:
HR - 1pt
Total Bases - 1pt
Walks - 1pt
Runs - 1pt
RBI - 1pt
Stolen Bases - 1pt
K - -1pt
GWRBI - 1pt
GSHR - 2pts

PITCHING:
IP - 1pt
ER - -1pt
W - 5pts
L - -5pts
Saves - 5pts
K - 1pt
Hits Allowed- -1pt
Walks - -1pt
Wild Pitches - -1pt
Pick Offs - 1pt

This is my second year in fantasy. I noticed last year at the draft pitchers were quite valuable - should I focus on taking pitchers early?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
My draft is still a ways away before I have to start planning, but I just want some opinions on positions I should focus on drafting right away based on my scoring structure (what we used last year and likely will reuse)

BATTERS:
HR - 1pt
Total Bases - 1pt
Walks - 1pt
Runs - 1pt
RBI - 1pt
Stolen Bases - 1pt
K - -1pt
GWRBI - 1pt
GSHR - 2pts

PITCHING:
IP - 1pt
ER - -1pt
W - 5pts
L - -5pts
Saves - 5pts
K - 1pt
Hits Allowed- -1pt
Walks - -1pt
Wild Pitches - -1pt
Pick Offs - 1pt

This is my second year in fantasy. I noticed last year at the draft pitchers were quite valuable - should I focus on taking pitchers early?

What were the point totals for the top five hitters and top five pitchers?

Pickoffs? Wild Pitches? Ewwwww.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
So my league is in its 8th season and 2nd year as a keeper..nothing has been odd but i am at a bit of a crossroad in 1 of my 3 keepers...Judge or Lindor...my other 2 are Betts and Nola...and as of the moment i am leaning towards the third being Lindor...

any thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad