Fantasy Baseball Thread V

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
For those of you guys in deeper dynasty leagues, Austin Hays is a good add. He was raking in the minors, and he's doing well in a small sample size in the majors so far. He just got scooped up in mine.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
**** me, man. Trying to get this job has me so distracted all week. Forgot to check lineups today and left 11 points in Gurriel and Difo on my bench. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. Still up 36, but could be so much moreeeeee.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Oh man oh man oh man, I'm up 67 going into the last day. Out of pitcher starts, opponent has Quintana left. I'm feeling good mannnnn. Never would have guessed my Treinen and Neris would outscore his Jansen and Osuna, ha.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I want to stream a pitcher or two for the weekend in a 12 team standard H2H dynasty. I have Syndergaard in a DL spot, so I'll need two cuts to add a player.

C- McCann
1B- Encarnacion
2B- Altuve
3B- Longoria
SS- Correa
OF- Stanton
OF- Blackmon
OF- Cruz
Util- Inciarte
SP- Arrieta
SP- Paxton
RP- Knebel
RP- Doolittle
P- Roark
P- J. Montgomery
P- Richards
BN- Bregman
BN- Moncada
BN- C. Gonzalez
BN- Carpenter
BN- Hamels
BN- McCullers
BN- Darvish
BN- Archer
BN- T. Walker
DL- Syndergaard

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Okay, folks. I hope someone is around to help me before today's games.

I am currently winning a head-to-head matchup 6-4. My stats will be on the left.

Runs: 39 to 29
Homers: 14 to 9
RBI: 47 to 25
Stolen bases: 1 to 8
Average: .316 to .287
Wins: 4 to 1
Saves: 3 to 5
Strikeouts: 57 to 62
ERA: 5.71 to 4.28
WHIP: 1.38 to 1.49

So, I am winning runs, homers, RBI, average, wins and WHIP. I am losing steals, saves, strikeouts and ERA.

I have J. Montgomery vs. TOR, Paxton at LAA and Hamels vs. OAK. My opponent has M. Montgomery vs. CIN.

There's no point in risking starting my pitchers, right? The way I see it is that I could win strikeouts but lose WHIP. But I could not win strikeouts and still lose WHIP. I do have the tiebreaker, though.

I have this in the bag, right?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Okay, folks. I hope someone is around to help me before today's games.

I am currently winning a head-to-head matchup 6-4. My stats will be on the left.

Runs: 39 to 29
Homers: 14 to 9
RBI: 47 to 25
Stolen bases: 1 to 8
Average: .316 to .287
Wins: 4 to 1
Saves: 3 to 5
Strikeouts: 57 to 62
ERA: 5.71 to 4.28
WHIP: 1.38 to 1.49

So, I am winning runs, homers, RBI, average, wins and WHIP. I am losing steals, saves, strikeouts and ERA.

I have J. Montgomery vs. TOR, Paxton at LAA and Hamels vs. OAK. My opponent has M. Montgomery vs. CIN.

There's no point in risking starting my pitchers, right? The way I see it is that I could win strikeouts but lose WHIP. But I could not win strikeouts and still lose WHIP. I do have the tiebreaker, though.

I have this in the bag, right?

Since you have the tiebreaker I'd play it safe and bench them all.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
My results this year:

12 team dynasty: 3rd
12 team multi sport dynasty: 1st
18 team dynasty: 3rd
12 team dynasty: 3rd
14 team dynasty: 7th (finished in 12th in regular season... was kinda tanking)
12 team limited keeper: 3rd
10 team roto: 2nd
10 team H2H: 1st
12 team auction roto dynasty: 6th
10 team dynasty: 3rd
10 team roto dynasty: 4th

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
7th and out of the playoffs for me. Never got traction and a late-season push fell short - I was in 6th for one week, the second-to-last week of the season...

Keeper rules in my league prohibit my retaining both Clayton Kershaw and Kris Bryant. I have an owner offering Machado or Stanton for either or. Thoughts? (My questions are... will Machado have dual-position eligibility next season? and Even with a presumed drop-off from his historic season, Stanton's still really damn good, right?)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
7th and out of the playoffs for me. Never got traction and a late-season push fell short - I was in 6th for one week, the second-to-last week of the season...

Keeper rules in my league prohibit my retaining both Clayton Kershaw and Kris Bryant. I have an owner offering Machado or Stanton for either or. Thoughts? (My questions are... will Machado have dual-position eligibility next season? and Even with a presumed drop-off from his historic season, Stanton's still really damn good, right?)

Machado did not play shortstop this past season.

I prefer Stanton, but it depends on who your other keepers are going to be. If you're going to lose Kershaw and Bryant for nothing, then you might as well trade them as long as you can keep the player you're trading for.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Machado did not play shortstop this past season.

I prefer Stanton, but it depends on who your other keepers are going to be. If you're going to lose Kershaw and Bryant for nothing, then you might as well trade them as long as you can keep the player you're trading for.

I can keep one or the other if I want. We keep three players, but only one for more than one season, and those two (plus Lindor) were my keepers last offseason. I've been keeping Kershaw and I expect I'd do so again, although I could opt to keep Bryant and lose Kershaw I suppose.

So, Bryant for Stanton?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I can keep one or the other if I want. We keep three players, but only one for more than one season, and those two (plus Lindor) were my keepers last offseason. I've been keeping Kershaw and I expect I'd do so again, although I could opt to keep Bryant and lose Kershaw I suppose.

So, Bryant for Stanton?

Yeah, Bryant for Stanton sounds like a good deal. I think Kershaw is a better fantasy asset than Bryant.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I’m in a 5x5 roto, AL-only, $260 budget auction league. I was just offered Donaldson ($21) and Carrasco ($20) for my Jose Ramirez ($7). Thoughts?

Being AL-only, our pitching is pretty thin.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I’m in a 5x5 roto, AL-only, $260 budget auction league. I was just offered Donaldson ($21) and Carrasco ($20) for my Jose Ramirez ($7). Thoughts?

Being AL-only, our pitching is pretty thin.

I'd decline it. Ramirez is second and third eligible off the top of my head, and having him at least $25 below market value is huge.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
5x5 roto dynasty
$400 budget

I need to clear at least $40ish in cap space

C- Castillo (5)
C- empty
1B- Mancini (7)
2B- Kinsler (19)
SS- Correa (32)
MI- C. Seager (27)
3B- empty
OF- Trout (61)
OF- Harper (43)
OF- Springer (27)
OF- A. Garcia (5)
OF- Hoskins (6)
Util- K. Morales (7)

SP- Bumgarner (32)
SP- deGrom (25)
SP- Stroman (17)
SP- R. Ray (11)
SP- E. Santana (6)
RP- empty
RP- empty
RP- empty
RP- empty
RP- empty

BN- I. Happ (4)
BN- Kepler (7)
BN- Markakis (3)
BN- E. Jimenez (5)
BN- K. Tucker (3)
BN- Tavaras (3)
BN- K. Lewis (2)
BN- Tellez (2)
BN- C. Frazier (4)
BN- C. Ray (2)
BN- Naquin (3)
BN- Barreto (4)
BN- Pujols (9)
BN- Valencia (8)
BN- De. Norris (3)
BN- Richards (11)
BN- J. Happ (6)
BN- Jeffress (3)
BN- O'Day (3)
BN- Romo (3)
BN- empty
BN- empty
BN- empty
BN- empty

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Finished 1st in my H2H one eyar league, 114-84-12 .

Won my first round 7-3-0 then 6-4-0 to win it.

If anyone has a dynasty league to join, please let me know. The majority of my close friends like baseball but they can't commit/don't care to setting a lineup everyday.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
Finished 1st in my H2H one eyar league, 114-84-12 .

Won my first round 7-3-0 then 6-4-0 to win it.

If anyone has a dynasty league to join, please let me know. The majority of my close friends like baseball but they can't commit/don't care to setting a lineup everyday.
I might have a keeper league position if you are interested! Keep up to 12 players (can keep less) and the rest go into a re-draft. Lets you keep your top/fav players but have the opportunity to re-build quicker than a straight dynasty. We've been running this league for 5 years now, going into our 6th, and it's full of competitive people who set lineups and look to make trades. If it's something you might be interested in, I have 1 team that is available, let me know.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
5x5 roto dynasty
$400 budget

I need to clear at least $40ish in cap space

C- Castillo (5)
C- empty
1B- Mancini (7)
2B- Kinsler (19)
SS- Correa (32)
MI- C. Seager (27)
3B- empty
OF- Trout (61)
OF- Harper (43)
OF- Springer (27)
OF- A. Garcia (5)
OF- Hoskins (6)
Util- K. Morales (7)

SP- Bumgarner (32)
SP- deGrom (25)
SP- Stroman (17)
SP- R. Ray (11)
SP- E. Santana (6)
RP- empty
RP- empty
RP- empty
RP- empty
RP- empty

BN- I. Happ (4)
BN- Kepler (7)
BN- Markakis (3)
BN- E. Jimenez (5)
BN- K. Tucker (3)
BN- Tavaras (3)
BN- K. Lewis (2)
BN- Tellez (2)
BN- C. Frazier (4)
BN- C. Ray (2)
BN- Naquin (3)
BN- Barreto (4)
BN- Pujols (9)
BN- Valencia (8)
BN- De. Norris (3)
BN- Richards (11)
BN- J. Happ (6)
BN- Jeffress (3)
BN- O'Day (3)
BN- Romo (3)
BN- empty
BN- empty
BN- empty
BN- empty

Clearing Pujols, Valencia, Kepler, and Richards gets you $35 which is most of the way. You can add Naquin to that group I would cut too as he needs to make mechanical changes. I would also consider letting go the middle relievers since it's 5x5, The extra OFers like Clint Frazier and Corey Ray and Kyle Lewis are the guys I would shop for that 3B that you need. You have Eloy Jimenez and Kyle Tucker coming who look like studs. Looks like you're in a good position going into next year.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Clearing Pujols, Valencia, Kepler, and Richards gets you $35 which is most of the way. You can add Naquin to that group I would cut too as he needs to make mechanical changes. I would also consider letting go the middle relievers since it's 5x5, The extra OFers like Clint Frazier and Corey Ray and Kyle Lewis are the guys I would shop for that 3B that you need. You have Eloy Jimenez and Kyle Tucker coming who look like studs. Looks like you're in a good position going into next year.

I'd have no flexibility in the auction, though.

I just got offered this:

I get: Rendon (24)
I give: Pujols (9), Robbie Ray (11) and Kyle Tucker (3)

Pujols was going to be a cut anyway. I really don't buy Robbie Ray even though he's a strikeout machine. Tucker is the one I'm hesitating to give up. Rendon is definitely well below market value.

Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad