13:05 - Todd Howard addresses playing it solo
16:10 - First gameplay footage
18:00 - Building
20:00 - Nukes
24:00 - Collector items

Last edited:
Reactions: Desdichado30
Sep 19, 2008
I dont' understand the hesitation towards an online game. HF platoons for Fallout would be pretty awesome.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I dont' understand the hesitation towards an online game. HF platoons for Fallout would be pretty awesome.
We should get a HF server. Have a group split and create other groups and see if we can have it all be friendlies.

It should be possible if it's only 12 players like Howard mentioned.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
This is awful.

I was so pumped when I saw the reveal trailer at the Xbox show, it looked like it was a single player game... the world looked massive.

I have absolutely zero interest in playing Fallout with other people. No vats? What the f*** is that? The shooting mechanics are awful to play any other way!

Looks like I’m going to have to settle for Rage 2, New Doom and likely the new ES:IV.

Not having a new fallout just pisses me right off. If you want to introduce multiplayer to Fallout, maybe do it like every other developer since the beginning of time has done it.. with a multiplayer mode!

f*** right off.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
This is awful.

I was so pumped when I saw the reveal trailer at the Xbox show, it looked like it was a single player game... the world looked massive.

I have absolutely zero interest in playing Fallout with other people. No vats? What the **** is that? The shooting mechanics are awful to play any other way!

Looks like I’m going to have to settle for Rage 2, New Doom and likely the new ES:IV.

Not having a new fallout just pisses me right off. If you want to introduce multiplayer to Fallout, maybe do it like every other developer since the beginning of time has done it.. with a multiplayer mode!

**** right off.
I said it earlier. They did the exact same thing with Elder Scrolls and it worked and made them money. Was only a matter of time they did it with Fallout.

Hopefully the mistakes learned in ESO don't happen in F76

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

...because I don't want to play multiplayer in my single-player game. I want to play single-player, which means I don't want to be shot by somebody taking this game far more seriously than I do while I'm not paying attention...or worse, be f***ed with by someone taking the game far less seriously than I do. No offense, but I don't want to play with or against any of you. Or anyone else.

This is what I mean by preferring splitting the series if you're just going to do this: calling it Fallout Online lets you do whatever the f*** you want with a player base that is completely down with multiplayer. Trying to appease both sides of the aisle is almost certainly going to result in plenty of concessions that are going to leave both sides with plenty to complain about. Too much has to be compromised to get online to work in this world. I'll wait and see how things go with it, I'm not pre-ordering it but I won't rule out picking it up, but despite Todd Howard's reassurances I am very skeptical right now.

Last edited:

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I'll admit, now that I'm in my 30's I have a very hard time keeping interest in video games. I long for that days where I would stay up until 3am glued to my TV. I really miss it, they almost never happen anymore.

Fallout was one of the few games that could still do that for me, and now they go and pull this.

Just a goddamn shame. I never thought I'd skip a Fallout game. Feels bad man.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'll admit, now that I'm in my 30's I have a very hard time keeping interest in video games. I long for that days where I would stay up until 3am glued to my TV. I really miss it, they almost never happen anymore.

Fallout was one of the few games that could still do that for me, and now they go and pull this.

EXACTLY!!

:rant:

Reactions: Bean Drown

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It was either this or no Fallout game, so not sure why people are mad. Fallout4 was only 2.5 years ago; a new Fallout will come when next gen hits. It's not like it was Fallout76 or Fallout 5 and they choose the former. This game just seems like a stop gap for Starfield/ES6/FO5.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It was either this or no Fallout game, so not sure why people are mad. Fallout4 was only 2.5 years ago; a new Fallout will come when next gen hits. It's not like it was Fallout76 or Fallout 5 and they choose the former. This game just seems like a stop gap for Starfield/ES6/FO5.

New Vegas came out two years after FO3 and FO4 followed that by 5 years.

No reason why we couldn’t get a FO: West Virginia by this year... 3 years after FO4.

I’m mad because Fallout & TES is the only games I play anymore, and I have NO interest in multiplayer games.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
New Vegas came out two years after FO3 and FO4 followed that by 5 years.

No reason why we couldn’t get a FO: West Virginia by this year... 3 years after FO4.

I’m mad because Fallout & TES is the only games I play anymore, and I have NO interest in multiplayer games.
New Vegas was made by a different studio. Games take longer to make nowadays also.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
After initial crushing disappointment with this whole thing I’ve kind of taken the mindframe to accept this isn’t there to be in place of a new single player Fallout game. It’s something on the side, just filler diversion that can be fun or not so I’m a little more hyped for it.

But I have to say I’m very worried about the road these companies are going down. gTA saw their cash cow and abandoned any and all DLC and it reeks to me like this is the same move toward that always online microtransactions sort of thing. Radiant quests and death of story. Like if they wanted to make a game like this why do it with Fallout knowing what people love about it? Why not just do it with something new or whatever?

Feels like a huge test system to see if this is the GTA Online future they want to test out for all future games from ES to Starfield and Fallouts. Short story then never ending online game “service”.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So then get Obsidian to make Fallout:76, they arguably did better with NV than Bethesda did with FO3 anyways.

Which is why it wont happen. Bethesda doesnt really accept NV as a Fallout game because they didnt make it. They have the power and money now to say "no" to letting other companies use the property.

I think I’m just going to have to go back and play FO3 and NV again.

Sigh.

I have tried to do this multiple times but cannot. Say what you want abut FO4, it brought a number of improvements to the franchise that make it very hard to go back.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That is the big key. This isn’t the new tent pole Fallout, people hyped themselves into thinking it was and got disappointed.

Though even acknowledging that I still have no interest. This is a played out flavor of the month genre.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
This isn’t ESO though. It isn’t an MMO.
True. Its not a full fledge MMO, but its a RPG with online aspects.

Again, most people complained when ESO came out, and I think no one really plays it here, but its a fairly popular game and they wanted to try an online type Fallout. We do have a fairly large single player group here so I understand the backlash in general from most here. But from a business perspective I can kinda see why they went this route.

Of course this could totally bomb for being horrible.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015

Did Fallout 4 keep you glued to your screen?

Because I know what you mean otherwise, especially with 3 and New Vegas. But Fallout 4 bored me to no end. And many others. Many many many others.

It feels like if Bethesda did more of the same thing yet again, 50% of the player base would be pissed. But if they tried something new like this, the other 50% of the player base would be pissed.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Fallout 4 is great, been playing it all over again recently not nearly as bad as people act like it is. Also added a lot of improvements.

Playing it on Survival Mode is a huge step up too, much more intense been enjoying every minute of it. It’s not Fallout 3 to me but it’s still great. All of them are, in their own ways. It is hard to go back and play 3 and NV now without a lot of the gameplay you get used to in 4. Partly why I was really crossing the fingers for a remastered anniversary edition.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Which is why it wont happen. Bethesda doesnt really accept NV as a Fallout game because they didnt make it. They have the power and money now to say "no" to letting other companies use the property.

That's ironic, considering that Bethesda didn't make the first four Fallout games (1, 2, Tactics and the console game). There are actually some long-time fans who consider the first two games to be the true Fallout games and everything else to not be, including Bethesda's own sequels. Bethesda wouldn't have such a great franchise if they hadn't bought it and carried over the exact idea, artwork and humor that a more creative team before them came up with. I appreciate that they did that, but you'd think that they'd be a little more accepting of the franchise's entire legacy, instead of acting like the half of it that they didn't develop, themselves, never existed.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thing is this isn’t anything new. This is them applying a fad genre to Fallout. Just instead of Battle Royal it is Survival.

Though I would not be shocked if they stick a battle royal mode in there.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Fallout 4 is great, been playing it all over again recently not nearly as bad as people act like it is. Also added a lot of improvements.

Playing it on Survival Mode is a huge step up too, much more intense been enjoying every minute of it. It’s not Fallout 3 to me but it’s still great. All of them are, in their own ways. It is hard to go back and play 3 and NV now without a lot of the gameplay you get used to in 4. Partly why I was really crossing the fingers for a remastered anniversary edition.

There were the times that Dragon Warrior and the original Final Fantasy were the status quo for an rpg. That was 1986/87.

10 years later, in 1996/97? It was Diablo, Super Mario RPG, Daggerfall, Fallout 1, FF 7/Tactics. Look at how differently those games played, from top to bottom, compared to their inspirations from 10 years prior. Now... can you imagine if a game precisely like Dragon Warrior came out in 1996/97, just with slightly better graphics and a hackneyed "base building" feature?

My point is that Oblivion/Fallout 3 were groundbreaking amazing f***ing games. But they were the big thing 12/10 years ago.

Playing Fallout 4 in 2016 felt dated to the point of being insulting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad