Fallout 76

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Is this confirmed as an online multiplayer? No single-player at all? I may be in the minority but that bums me out.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Is this confirmed as an online multiplayer? No single-player at all? I may be in the minority but that bums me out.

Nothing is confirmed. This was said at E3/in the trailer.

Howard also confirmed the game will take place in "the hills of West Virginia," where the player is "one of the first
to emerge in an untamed and very different wasteland."
As narrated by the reveal trailer: "When the fighting has stopped and the fallout has settled, you must rebuild.
Not just walls not just buildings, but hearts and minds, and ultimately, America itself. In Vault 76, our future begins."

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Word from internal at Bethesda is they were very upset at the rumours that it was a Rust or DayZ clone.

It's possible it's a Fallout NV style spinoff still, but even if that's true it's likely there is some form of coop. I don't think Bethesda would do a multiplayer only Fallout game, and from the trailer today it looks very close to Fallout 4.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
For as much flak Fallout has gotten at points, you can't deny their taste in music is impeccable.

I would assume Country Roads will be in the game, but it'll actually be the John Denver version, despite that cover being actually decent.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Almost time.
Come on single player normal Fallout!!

Also a FO3 remaster anniversary edition would make my day. Favourite game of all time.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Looks fun in theory. In practice I know I’ll hate every minute of it.

Part of the allure of why I love Fallout is my own world and story. Get away from the cesspool that is online gaming.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Really weary about this. It sounds like GTA Online or a Minecraft Online server. He seemed to indicate there were no or very few human NPCs, which is really going to limit the quests. It's pretty disappointing, especially given how awesome that environment look. This is one of the few franchises that all my friends who still play games actually still play but even so, it's a maybe right now. And I really hope this isn't the future of Bethesda.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I can see a group of people screwing over the entirety of whatever world other poor souls are forced into. Yeah, he said you can play solo, but what about when a group of people show up to kill you? Obviously there’s more info but it certainly seems like you need a squad

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Really weary about this. It sounds like GTA Online or a Minecraft Online server. He seemed to indicate there were no or very few human NPCs, which is really going to limit the quests. It's pretty disappointing, especially given how awesome that environment look. This is one of the few franchises that all my friends who still play games actually still play but even so, it's a maybe right now. And I really hope this isn't the future of Bethesda.

It’s a survival game like Dayz or ARK. I doubt there will be anything robust at all for solo play.

It will almost certainly just be base building and some raids. Maybe taming deathclaws.

He said it was soft survival so it doesn’t seem like their will be heavy resource management or lots of bars. Maybe more a mix of DayZ and Destiny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad