Fallout 4 - Part IV - Settled In - Use Spoiler Tags.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I like Far Harbor but there's very little to do there. This is my gripe with Fallout 4, created a big world to explore but there's just no reason. You never stumble across a random quest or communities. All the towns are empty.

And settlement building just is gone out of control. I didn't go to Far Harbor to build more freaking settlements. Settlements everywhere but why. After it's all said and done I like the house I decorated in Megaton more than any of these settlements. Maybe it would be more fun on a second play through to have all this DLC but after beating the game, I don't really feel any desire to go back and build up a house or settlement when I have no reason to go there.

I tend to agree with you. I broke my leg a couple weeks ago and instead of gearing up for the new DLC I ended up playing Diablo Reaper of Souls and was amazed at how much better Diablo 3 became with the addition of that expansion and the tweaks they made to some of the fundamentals of levelling and the equipment. Since I can't drive anywhere and I have to get around my house with crutches I've been playing massive hours of D3 the past two weeks.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Last night I spent about 30 minutes trying to build a 2x3 security room, with two doors/windows using only the vault tile set. It got irritating because I simply could not get the door piece to snap to a wall that runs perpendicular from the door way I was trying to create.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Marcy and her emo boy man ***** aren't immortal anymore, so I unleashed a death claw upon them. :nod:

I put them in sack hoods and long johns assigned to hand dig my corn crops and sleep in a shed on the outskirts of Sanctuary. Give them reason to complain but they creep me out now if I wander to that part.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I put em in the pillory once, but they magically left to go hammer the wall of the house. Also, can one not add vault conduit its to the entrance area of vault 88? I'm trying to brighten the place up, but I can get power to the lights.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
All the electricity eludes me, my biggest piss off with the game is that I can't figure out what does what. Have all these grand ideas then go to wire up and fail

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Got this cheap for Gamefly for PS4 and I was SHOCKED to see that the PS4 version still doesn't have MOD support.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Finished the really basic Vault 88 quest line, pretty disappointed that's a DLC pack when you think back to things like Lonesome Road, Operation Anchorage or Mothership Zeta. Could be a fun settlement building place if I wasn't in way over my head on how to make a vault in a giant dirt hole. Or if it was available fairly early in the game, but at this point I just don't want the hassle with my character's story being over and having done everything else.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
The benevolent achievement is damned annoying.

Easy way to do it, read about it somewhere else online, worked like a charm for me:

Take Red Rocket station, recruit 4 settlers, no more. Assign one to food, until there's enough for everyone, water, power, whatever. High defence. Assign two settlers to tier 3 clinics. One settler to a general store.

Make sure they all have their own bed inside, sleeping bags work. Wait. If it stalls going up just keep hanging up cat paintings inside. It'll get to 100 eventually. Achievement/trophy description says to have a large settlement but it works best on a small one where it's easy to micromanage everyone.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Easy way to do it, read about it somewhere else online, worked like a charm for me:

Take Red Rocket station, recruit 4 settlers, no more. Assign one to food, until there's enough for everyone, water, power, whatever. High defence. Assign two settlers to tier 3 clinics. One settler to a general store.

Make sure they all have their own bed inside, sleeping bags work. Wait. If it stalls going up just keep hanging up cat paintings inside. It'll get to 100 eventually. Achievement/trophy description says to have a large settlement but it works best on a small one where it's easy to micromanage everyone.

:laugh:

What in the hell

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I atopped playing when far harbour was released, and played other stuff for the summer. About to jump into this again and im getting excited for it.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Got this cheap for Gamefly for PS4 and I was SHOCKED to see that the PS4 version still doesn't have MOD support.

There's a good chance it never will. Bethesda can't seem to get the PS4 version to perform even adequately with mods installed, and for some reason Sony won't let people have more than 900MB of content installed.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Did anyone else snag a Nuka world poster map from Gamestop? I think it looks decent, just wish it was bigger, since I liked the non-map side better. It's a roughly 14x20 inches, I got a floating frame that fits it nearly perfectly, and if I wanted to, I can still view the map side.

I don't like the silver color of the frame I picked up, so I'll probably end up painting it black (and I also accidently scratched it).

8pPeSjf.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-how-to-get-this-awesome-looking-nuka-wor/1100-6442820/

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Launches 20 minutes ago on XB1 and Steam and right on cue..

"Investigating issues with PlayStation 4"

Go figure. Days anticipation shot down.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
My power is all but destroyed and I don't have enough materials to repair it. As Overboss, this should not be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00