GDT: Fall Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I've said it before but I think Hutton is either going to rebound after correcting his vision or he's going to be out of the league. No in between.

Potential goalies shouldn't be measured against Hutton performances from last year.

I do get the sentiment with Miller though.
It's a situation where it could be a Dwayne Roloson scenario with Hutton. But I'm thinking it's closer to Bob Essensa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vito_81

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If it comes down to Hutton as the backup I would take Ryan Miller back over him in a heartbeat. Give him 25-30 games see him get #400 as a Sabre.

Would be a big emotional boost too. Miller is a beloved legend here. That would effect the team, just like Pominville being a top line winger with Eichel for 30 games.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
not Hutton is the answer, and we could do a lot worse than Miller. He isn't my first choice, but he is a choice that is an improvement.

Hutton is not the answer either.

But I would be very disappointed if they felt Miller was acceptable.

Reactions: Jacob582

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Raanta to Buffalo for a conditional 3rd and a 4th. If Buffalo makes the playoffs and Raanta plays in Atleast 30 games it changes to a 2nd rounder.

Hutton @ 50% & a 2022 3rd to COL for a 7th ??

if you can find a trade that swaps out one of Miller /Montour for a compariable LHD do that as well

Reactions: TheCerebral1

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Lucas Wallmark to Chicago, a really under the radar move. 24 years old and a better player than Eakins. But, again, we're run by incompetency.

Better than Eakin is debatable. He’s 25 not 24.

Montour, Hutton for Raanta, Oesterle and a 2021 2nd or 3rd.

I don’t think Arizona wants to trade 1st/2nd round picks

Raanta to Buffalo for a conditional 3rd and a 4th. If Buffalo makes the playoffs and Raanta plays in Atleast 30 games it changes to a 2nd rounder.

Hutton @ 50% & a 2022 3rd to COL for a 7th ??

if you can find a trade that swaps out one of Miller /Montour for a compariable LHD do that as well

As mentioned in other thread. Not trading a 2nd for a back up and the deal needs to be close to cap neutral. Of buffalo gains space.

Hutton, Montour for Better-goalie + 2nd-4th picks is a framework I'm interested in.

It depends n th goalie salary and term.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Better than Eakin is debatable. He’s 25 not 24.

I don’t think Arizona wants to trade 1st/2nd round picks

As mentioned in other thread. Not trading a 2nd for a back up and the deal needs to be close to cap neutral. Of buffalo gains space.

It depends n th goalie salary and term.
AZ needs to shed some cap.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
What would Alec Martinez cost?

That'd be a perfect fit 2nd pairing LHD who is good defensively.

Dahlin-Miller
Martinez-Risto
McCabe-Joker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad