GDT: Fall Free Agent Frenzy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Ullmark asked for $4.1M in arbitration.

I know you shoot high in your ask knowing the arbitrator is going to pull it down, but that's something else.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I know you shoot high in your ask knowing the arbitrator is going to pull it down, but that's something else.

My estimate on Ullmark was 3 yrs at $3.25M per

I though I saw on a tweet near the start of free agency that buffalo and Olofsson were clise on a contract

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
My estimate on Ullmark was 3 yrs at $3.25M per

I though I saw on a tweet near the start of free agency that buffalo and Olofsson were clise on a contract

that was said to be false by the end of the 1st day or beginning of 2nd day of free agency. There were some people saying they weren’t close on October 9th. Buffalo News also reported this

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Have no fear on the Ullmark numbers. Jake McCabe once went to arb with us asking for 4 million, and came out at 2.85.

we’re fine.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I think 3.33 per is fair for Ullmark as 1B/backup. It is cheap enough where you can afford it even if you have a clear #1 making 5 or 6 per you can still keep him.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

I see a lot of people wanting to give up assets for Elvis Merzlikins @ 4m/per.

Is Ullmark really any worse than him?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I think 3.33 per is fair for Ullmark as 1B/backup. It is cheap enough where you can afford it even if you have a clear #1 making 5 or 6 per you can still keep him.

For some teams I would completely agree with this.

However - when we are going to be spending ~35m/per on four players long term I don't think it's possible.

I also expect us to carry only one signed goalie plus JJ into the expansion draft next summer.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Just need to get Calhoun resigned for this to be an acceptably above average off-season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I posted the same thing in the trade rumor board but, man, 2012 was a not great draft year. Chucky leads in GP and is tied for points out of that draft class.

The were unlucky to have 2 1sts that year, as well.

2012 was an above average goalie draft year, though.

Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Matt Murray, Frederik Andersen, Ullmark, Korpisalo, and few other backups like Subban is pretty good.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Just watched a behind the scenes video in getting Taylor Hall.

It surprised me to hear that it was Buffalo that initiated the short term conversation and I have to say I think it was brilliant move.

I posted a few months ago that you guys had both the cap space and need for a guy like Hall so I'm not completely surprised you got him.

I like the make up of the team. Hope you guys turn the corner and start going on deep PO runs.

Congrats on a solid off season and good luck in 2021

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The were unlucky to have 2 1sts that year, as well.

2012 was an above average goalie draft year, though.

Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Matt Murray, Frederik Andersen, Ullmark, Korpisalo, and few other backups like Subban is pretty good.

I don’t hink 2012 was all that bad when compared to most drafts.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don’t hink 2012 was all that bad when compared to most drafts.

2012 was a draft that had a lot of good players. But, it lacked high end offensive impact players.

The leader in points from that class is Filip Forsberg and he has averaged 63pts per 82 games for his career.

It was a pretty good D & G draft, though.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
2012 was a draft that had a lot of good players. But, it lacked high end offensive impact players.

The leader in points from that class is Filip Forsberg and he has averaged 63pts per 82 games for his career.

It was a pretty good D & G draft, though.

Not every draft has one of those high end players. Or there is a clear 1-2 but not much after.

I’m looking at drafted beyond the top 3 -5picks

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I think we can retire this frenzy. Considering it currently is like a feeding frenzy in a pond full of dead fish.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
If they keep the Jan 1st start date, that is going to really put the press on some teams and some players . Kinda feels like with arbitration over, teams are taking a breather and essentially waiting until a formal start announcement before doing anything.

Reactions: joshjull

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If they keep the Jan 1st start date, that is going to really put the press on some teams and some players . Kinda feels like with arbitration over, teams are taking a breather and essentially waiting until a formal start announcement before doing anything.

Teams still need to make trades. There are a few non arb RFAs to resign.

if the set camp around mid Dec I expect teams to start making deals the next two wereks. If it’s delayed to mid January thrn deals occur after thxgvg.

It will be dominoes falling

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Teams still need to make trades. There are a few non arb RFAs to resign.

if the set camp around mid Dec I expect teams to start making deals the next two wereks. If it’s delayed to mid January thrn deals occur after thxgvg.

It will be dominoes falling

I'm not expecting much from the Sabres beyond re-signing Mitts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad