Dreger: Fair to say brassard has played last game with Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The easy solution to make the cap work with the Penguins is to trade Sheary to a team who needs a complementary top-9 winger for draft picks or prospects (Edmonton stands out as a fit) and include Hunwick in the Brassard trade. It doesn't seem overly complicated.

What's the asking price on Sheary?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
You'll get different answers from different Penguins fans, but I'd be satisfied with what Grabner brought back (2nd and an okay prospect) for Sheary if it allows the Penguins to get Brassard.

Grabner has over double the goals Sheary has, and makes half of what Sheary makes. It would be surprising if they had the same value.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Grabner has over double the goals Sheary has, and makes half of what Sheary makes. It would be surprising if they had the same value.

And Grabner is a pending UFA and Sheary is signed for 2 more years beyond this year. You're ignoring that pretty crucial fact.

The best possible comparison I can make for Sheary is Panik, considering red flags, talent level and contract. He was traded for Duclair basically straight up.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
And Grabner is a pending UFA and Sheary is signed for 2 more years beyond this year. You're ignoring that pretty crucial fact.

Ignoring the crucial fact that some GMs may think that Sheary is overpaid or might not want to fit a 3M 2nd-3rd line tweener in their lineup? Not really, I considered that when deciding what his value may be.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ignoring the crucial fact that some GMs may think that Sheary is overpaid or might not want to fit a 3M 2nd-3rd line tweener in their lineup? Not really, I considered that when deciding what his value may be.

Panik was traded for Duclair like a month ago and he has basically the same contract and same red flags as Sheary while being an equal player. You're not even making a point, you're just saying some GMs night not like him. That's not me ignoring a critical fact, that's just you saying some GMs night not like Sheary for some reason.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
What on earth are the Sens trying to do?

With Brown, White, Chlapik all centers knocking at the door for the Sens, maybe Dorion thinks it's better to trade Brass if the return is right, considering he may not need to be re-signed when his contract is up in a year and a half.

I would prefer to trade Pageau personally, but it is what it is.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well which is it!!! I cannot remember when the Blues have ever been so close to the middle of buyer or sellers.... Crazy season this year. P.S. I do not think he pushes into contention and whatever I would feel comfortable giving up would be easily beat by a contender, so I will pass.
Last year....
Hoffman wouldn’t even get Thomas and a first so not only no but #%*\!?{^] no.

In my mind brassard to the blues is worth a 2nd next year, schmaltz, and sobotka.

Don't bother responding, its trolling

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Brass is one player I wouldn't mind keeping for next year. Really good player on a reasonable contract. He's a good player in the regular season but an absolute monster in the playoffs, I'm not surprised that there's so much interest in him.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Would probably give up something like the following package for Brassard:

1st + Petan + Lemieux / Stanley / Dano

Could be tweaked on either side for preferences.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Would love him for the Flames but no way we can afford to pay what it will cost to get him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Panik was traded for Duclair like a month ago and he has basically the same contract and same red flags as Sheary while being an equal player. You're not even making a point, you're just saying some GMs night not like him. That's not me ignoring a critical fact, that's just you saying some GMs night not like Sheary for some reason.

No, you misunderstood me. You said that I ignored the crucial fact that Sheary is signed for 2 more years. My point is that that isn't something that increases his value. On the contrary, imo. If you don't agree with me, that's fine. Panik also has one year less than Sheary on his deal, so different situations.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So Brassard and Pietrangelo have similar value now. Man some of you Montreal fans are sensitive.

If you come up with an horrible offer for whatever player in the league I’m going to counter with a shitty one as well. Either be realistic when you make an offer or get ready to be laughed at with another bad counter

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Very nervous that MB trades Galchenyuk for Brassard even though the Habs are going absolutely nowhere except down. He'll think he has another steal of a player to try at center.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
If you come up with an horrible offer for whatever player in the league I’m going to counter with a ****ty one as well. Either be realistic when you make an offer or get ready to be laughed at with another bad counter

Geez man don’t stroke out on us here. I, as a blues fan, am stating that brassard doesn’t hold any value to the blues beyond what I offered. Some blues fans feel differently.

Just remember he is your asset and you don’t have to trade him. You’re more than welcome to lose him for nothing later or have someone else pay what you want. You’re shooting for the moon and you’re offered what you think is dirt. Fair value is probably somewhere in between.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
This. He claims that it's Brass' last game as a Sen, then goes on to say he'll play tomorrow if he doesn't get traded. Oooook? lol
He said 'seems unlikely... he plays tomorrow'. The 'seems unlikely' part corresponded with the 'he plays tomorrow', so it's 'seems likely he plays tomorrow, not 'seems unlikely, then 'he plays tomorrow'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad