Dreger: Fair to say brassard has played last game with Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Pens are probably one of the few teams willing to overpay, you should hope it's Pittsburgh. Sprong is 20 and a ppg player in the AHL and Gustavsson was a 2nd rounder in 2016 who is progressing well. The rumored deal would be basically the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd for Brassard.

Would you give us your next two 1sts and a 2nd and keep your prospects?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you come up with an horrible offer for whatever player in the league I’m going to counter with a ****ty one as well. Either be realistic when you make an offer or get ready to be laughed at with another bad counter

I didn't make that offer, and you started off the festivities anyway.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Would a conditional 1st 2018 + 2019 3rd + Gauthier from Carolina

Condition on Carolina making the playoffs if not it becomes a 2018 2nd.

It needs a bit more I think... would really push for two of this group: Roy/Gauthier/McKeown and add a 2nd to it.

Number 204

Oct 5, 2017
If you come up with an horrible offer for whatever player in the league I’m going to counter with a ****ty one as well. Either be realistic when you make an offer or get ready to be laughed at with another bad counter
hahaha relax guy its hf boards most trade offers don't make sense

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I understand wanting to replace Staz next year but I don’t think brassard is the person to do it. He is a good player no doubt but the blues still will have a hole at wing with someone who can shoot and put the puck in the back of the net. I’d rather give up a little more and get Hoffman or figure out what’s going on in Montreal and get patches. I’d deal with missing a center I’d Staz doesn’t resign and we lose out on tavares on July 1.

lol I think you quoted the wrong guy, I also do not want to trade for him....

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Brassard to St. Louis for something based around Tage Thompson could be good for both sides.

I think Pittburgh won't be able to navigate the cap and will turn to a different option.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I do think GMJR will make the the deal from a hockey perspective. But no question if the Pens bolt and move on to another center, what happens to the remaining offers? Pens are setting the deal here and hard to see St Louis, the Jets or the Blue Jackets giving up that cost. Ottawa is clearly shedding money as they have to. That is not lost on the trading partners. Ottawa is a fire sale and they are playing hardball while the cash flow is suspect. Tell me how they have Ryan, a potential extension for Duchesne, and Hoffman, Brassard on the roster next year. They can't.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Do not want Sprong.

Everything I've heard about him is how much of a tool he is.

We don't need people like that in Ottawa.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'd love to see Brassard on the Blues 3rd line (maybe even 2nd). He would be a very welcome addition in Saint Louis. The asking price may be too high tho...

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Brassard seems like Schenn 2.0. I think he's in need of a change of scenery and he could possibly tear it up with the Blues.

He's got 38pts in 58 games.. what change of scenery does he need? He's pretty much in line with his career avg. I can't wait to get a late first and a B prospect for essentially 2 yrs of Brassard, Zibanejad and a 2nd.

Reactions: bleedblue1223
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad