Prospect Info: Fabian Lysell

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Get Frederic out of there he is a waiver wire scrub. Can bring some energy on 4th line but that is it.

Coach seems pretty excited to work with Frederic based on this recent interview he did:

• Montgomery is excited for a few players who might be ready to turn a corner.

“Without being on the ice yet, it’s hard to tell. But through conversations about how they are thinking mentally, I think Jake DeBrusk is a player that the Bruins need, and he wants, to go from being an everyday consistent player to an everyday impactful player,” said Montgomery. “I see players like Trent Frederic becoming an every-night impactful player, understanding his role

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
thread`s gone from Lysell to Freddy/Foligno thread? I`ll try to get it back on track

This kid is gonna be good, my hope is expectations around this board and in the media are tempered, he will need to work on his game, this kid, as excited as I am about him, needs a bit of time IMO to work on those things in Providence first

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
thread`s gone from Lysell to Freddy/Foligno thread? I`ll try to get it back on track

This kid is gonna be good, my hope is expectations around this board and in the media are tempered, he will need to work on his game, this kid, as excited as I am about him, needs a bit of time IMO to work on those things in Providence first

I expect him to be in the lineup opening night for Boston.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I’m hoping he gets some time in the A this year.

He really just needs to be able to adapt his game to work against men.

I really want to see him in a good system with good players, so i’m super excited to see him try out for the team, and in the prospects challenge.

Swedish offense in the WJC was anemic but a lot of what did happen flowed through Lysell. He shows a looooot of potential and flash to his game.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Agree I would like to see him play and produce in the AHL before sniffing the lineup.

Lots to be excited about but the worst thing we can do is destroy his confidence. If he tears up the league like Pasta did, absolutely give him a shot mid-year. But I would wait for training camp, and then for that to happen in the A first.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Stranger things have happened but I`m not one who thinks it`ll happen and that`s ok
yup, although Lysell producing in the NHL this season helps a lot of the issues with depth/secondary scoring it isn't very realistic to expect it. Hoping for it is fine, but being disappointed if it doesn't happen this season is unfair

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
yup, although Lysell producing in the NHL this season helps a lot of the issues with depth/secondary scoring it isn't very realistic to expect it. Hoping for it is fine, but being disappointed if it doesn't happen this season is unfair
Agreed, hey, maybe he makes it impossible for the team to send him to the AHL initially and earns a look for up to 10 games, maybe, if not though, I`ll not look at it as a disappointment. I have seen him compete live vs his own age group in the WHL and he looked like a men amongst boys, thought he had some terrific moments at the WJHC`s and some meh moments

This transition to the pro game will be huge, I think we`ll see glimpses in the preseason of what he can do and we`ll also see vs men, where his game will need some work, just my feeling, if memory serves, Pasta had to play at the AHL level to get acclimated and he`s turned out pretty well I think:)

Reactions: Lobster57

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
He was good, not great, at the WJC. 6 pts in 7 games is not that impressive by WJC standards for NHL ready players. Should be in the AHL this year.

Reactions: Kegs

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He was good, not great, at the WJC. 6 pts in 7 games is not that impressive by WJC standards for NHL ready players. Should be in the AHL this year.
For the entire year? I’d like to see him start the year in Providence but hopefully he is too good and after a month or so he comes up and never looks back.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
For the entire year? I’d like to see him start the year in Providence but hopefully he is too good and after a month or so he comes up and never looks back.

I hope so too but he didn't look like he was overmatching the competition in anyway at the WJC. Other players like MacTavish, Johnson, Stankoven, Mysak and Andrae stood out. We might need him to be ready now but if we rush him he probably doesn't make it at all. Even Pasta spent some time in the A.

Haggerty is to blame for bad analysis of Lysell at the tournament (Haggs made it sound like he was a big time force) that has now put unfair expectations on the kid. Lysell didn't crack THN's top 20 performers. I don't know what games Haggerty was watching but he is literally the only media saying Lysell "Sparkled." Don't get me wrong he was good, not bad, but Haggs tweet below is the definition of "rose colored" glasses. MacTavish sparkled Lysell was above average.

1661358401944.png

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Dont disagree with you... but point production for this years WJC ... dont think it means one is ready for the nhl or not

Outside of McTavish who scored 17 pts. All other team Canada/USA players averaged basically a point per game.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lysell scored a very tough and important 1st goal vs Czechia in the Bronze medal game

Has shown ability to step it up in post season type environment

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I hope so too but he didn't look like he was overmatching the competition in anyway at the WJC. Other players like MacTavish, Johnson, Stankoven, Mysak and Andrae stood out. We might need him to be ready now but if we rush him he probably doesn't make it at all. Even Pasta spent some time in the A.

Haggerty is to blame for bad analysis of Lysell at the tournament (Haggs made it sound like he was a big time force) that has now put unfair expectations on the kid. Lysell didn't crack THN's top 20 performers. I don't know what games Haggerty was watching but he is literally the only media saying Lysell "Sparkled." Don't get me wrong he was good, not bad, but Haggs tweet below is the definition of "rose colored" glasses. MacTavish sparkled Lysell was above average.

View attachment 579243

It has been repeated ad nauseum, but Lysell would really benefit by being with competent line mates on a well coached team.

Almost all of the points Lysell scored, he did 95% of the work and his line mates just cashed in. Or in the case of that last goal, he did 100% of the work.

I made sure to tune into every game he played, and he is very visible out there in a good way. I'd say his best asset is his ability to transition the puck. Sweden had a ROUGH time trying to get the puck into the zone and establish attack time...that is unless Lysell was the one moving the puck. And he was relied to do so, often.

He was #1 in forward scoring on Bronze winning Sweden. I don't know if I agree with Hags, but its not that far of a stretch.

He was a +3 with 6 points, 3 of which came on the powerplay so they don't contribute to the stat. For someone who somehow gets derided for defensive liabilities, the opposing teams aren't scoring when he's on the ice either.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It has been repeated ad nauseum, but Lysell would really benefit by being with competent line mates on a well coached team.

Almost all of the points Lysell scored, he did 95% of the work and his line mates just cashed in. Or in the case of that last goal, he did 100% of the work.

I made sure to tune into every game he played, and he is very visible out there in a good way. I'd say his best asset is his ability to transition the puck. Sweden had a ROUGH time trying to get the puck into the zone and establish transition...that is unless Lysell was the one moving the puck. And he was relied to do so, often.

He was #1 in forward scoring on Bronze winning Sweden. I don't know if I agree with Hags, but its not that far of a stretch.

He was a +3 with 6 points, 3 of which came on the powerplay so they don't contribute to the stat. For someone who somehow gets derided for defensive liabilities, the opposing teams aren't scoring when he's on the ice either.
Sweden was a disaster offensively. It didn’t look like they had any sort of plan whatsoever. Very odd for a Swedish team.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
why not call him up and let him play some games with the big boys? Boston already done their job, really nothing to play for this last games, let him take Debrusk spots for a few games and lets see what happens.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
why not call him up and let him play some games with the big boys? Boston already done their job, really nothing to play for this last games, let him take Debrusk spots for a few games and lets see what happens.
Serious question.I never followed him all year outside WJHC so just want to know ,does he deserve it ? Did he play well enough at AHL ?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
roster size and only allowed 4 moves until season end unless emergency call up.
would it be considered an emergency that we all want to see him play with the big club this year:sarcasm:?

I`m guessing if anyone gets the call, Merkulov definitely has earned it from what I read here, really intrigued with this Toporowski kid too

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
would it be considered an emergency that we all want to see him play with the big club this year:sarcasm:?

I`m guessing if anyone gets the call, Merkulov definitely has earned it from what I read here, really intrigued with this Toporowski kid too

Toporowski doesn't have an NHL deal , he is not coming up

I would think they would likely bring up people who they consider potential black aces types. I would think McLaughlin gets a look. Possibly even Beecher.

Reactions: ODAAT

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I gotta rewatch this and just focus on him - I thought he was great getting back and picking up his guy

Someone was paying attention in GDT (apologies I don’t have who posted it) but if you watch the Greer - Harper fight it interrupts Lysell making a tremendous play

The skill is there I saw it in Providence if he is that quick and responsible with awareness this will work out well

Going to evaluate his shifts today because I was watching the puck but I don’t feel I saw what many here did

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I expect him to be in the lineup opening night for Boston.

Lysell better giddy up because as of last night I don't see that whatsoever.

Unless a couple of injuries take place upfront, wingers looks like 63, 21, 17, 11,
88,74, 43, Lauko, 10, Boqvist to begin with and possibly Poitras at RW if not Center.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad