Prospect Info: Fabian Lysell

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The kid can play, he's been one of the better Bruins so far, if not the best forward. I don't care if he's 18 or 38 as long as he has the skill level to play in the NHL and is mental make-up is strong enough, he's a Bruin on opening night.

I like this

I hope he gets 8 game tryout

But unlikely...

Last edited:

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I like this

But unlikely...

I rather have 4th line of

Lysell Nosek Stud

Vs

Fred Nosek Lazar

Team could use bottom 6 production. Is it mandatory to have a rugged checking line in todays nhl?

I don't personally like the idea of developing him in a 4th line role and hoping he then transitions to a top 6 forward later in his career. I see the benefits but I think the changes made in the off season will bring a lot more scoring than we've seen the last couple years. There is also a lot of healthy competition that can fill that spot. Just my opinion

Reactions: inactive user

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I like this

But unlikely...

Lysell Nosek Stud

Vs

Fred Nosek Lazar

Team could use bottom 6 production. Is it mandatory to have a rugged checking line in todays nhl?

It doesn't hurt but not at the cost of young, gifted and skilled players although you need a mix without question. I think the Bruins can find that mix and have that in their forward groups, its the defense who'd Id like to see them add a little more ruggedness and defenseman who are tough to play against.

Reactions: rocketdan9

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I havent seen a single second of action yet, but if he can play he can play IMO. Even if it's the 4th line I think it's worth it to catch him up to the speed and the routine of NHL hockey.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
It doesn't hurt but not at the cost of young, gifted and skilled players although you need a mix without question. I think the Bruins can find that mix and have that in their forward groups, its the defense who'd Id like to see them add a little more ruggedness and defenseman who are tough to play against.

Couldn't agree more

Tampa 4th line was last season was Ross Johnson Maroon .... not exactly definition of rugged. Provided some timely points

Lets see how Lysell looks on Thursday, with teams projected to play more and more regulars/opening night roster

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Couldn't agree more

Tampa 4th line was last season was Ross Johnson Maroon .... not exactly definition of rugged. Provided some timely points

Lets see how Lysell looks on Thursday, with teams projected to play more and more regulars/opening night roster

Tyler Johnson went from Spokane (WHL) to a full-year stint with Norfolk (AHL), to a 14-game look with Tampa (NHL) before seeing another 62 games with Norfolk (AHL) again.

Skill isn’t the issue the question or answer in Lysell, it’s his durability and resilience which is notably harder to get a feel for in the NHL. If not Vancouver, I want him in Providence — not the NHL, yet.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Not that I'm saying he should or shouldn't be in the lineup, but IF it were to happen that he forced his way in....I think you deal JDB for another D man and put him on the 3rd line where he can get better matchups, but still play less of a grinding game.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Any shot of him making the team as a rookie?

Even just for the old ten-game tryout before sending him back to juniors?

Last edited:

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I like this

But unlikely...

Lysell Nosek Stud

Vs

Fred Nosek Lazar

I think his frame is too small for a full season but I'm kinda on-board with giving him a trial to start the season. See how he looks against NHL players, give him a taste of the bigs, then send him back to bulk up and continue his development.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
still pretty raw, got knocked off the puck/muscled out a lot, bumbles passes in tight trying to do too much - much like young pasta and current pasta. But the talent is definitely there. Pretty thrilled we got him at that spot
I agree with this assessment. He doesn't shy away from puck battles even though he was often overmatched. Seems to have good technique, just lacking in strength at this stage of his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad