Fabbri

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He wouldn't be getting the opportunity because we have other options, not because he deserved it. He had opportunities to distinguish himself and didn't do much with those chances. The Blues are not in a position to give him 15+ minutes per game and PP1 time like Detroit. Even with Tarasenko and Blais injured, he would be no higher than 9th on our forward depth chart. That's what I meant by not getting the same opportunity here as in Detroit.

Fabbri is fine in the top six for a non-playoff team but not for a contending team.
We have a GLARING hole in our top 6. The 2LW has been a revolving door of meh. There was an opportunity for him to get that spot as no one else cemented themselves there. I applaud them for sticking Kyrou in the best situation that reflects his skills. They seemed to have learned their lesson on that

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
We have a GLARING hole in our top 6. The 2LW has been a revolving door of meh. There was an opportunity for him to get that spot as no one else cemented themselves there. I applaud them for sticking Kyrou in the best situation that reflects his skills. They seemed to have learned their lesson on that

That may be true, but no matter who has been in that spot (Sanford, Blais, Walker, Kyrou, etc) they have still been getting roughly 12-13 minutes of ice time per game. And it's not like we've been getting much scoring from that ROR/Perron line at even strength lately no matter who plays there. He wouldn't be getting much PP time or OT shifts here like in Detroit to pad his stats, either. That's all I meant about opportunity. NHL teams have a pecking order and we have other guys who would be higher on the list, even if Fabs was 2LW at even strength.

I get why people are frustrated but we have other guys with a similar skillset to Fabbri to slot in the top 6. Would Kyrou still be in the AHL if we still had Fabbri?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That may be true, but no matter who has been in that spot (Sanford, Blais, Walker, Kyrou, etc) they have still been getting roughly 12-13 minutes of ice time per game. And it's not like we've been getting much scoring from that ROR/Perron line at even strength lately no matter who plays there. He wouldn't be getting much PP time or OT shifts here like in Detroit to pad his stats, either. That's all I meant about opportunity. NHL teams have a pecking order and we have other guys who would be higher on the list, even if Fabs was 2LW at even strength.

I get why people are frustrated but we have other guys with a similar skillset to Fabbri to slot in the top 6. Would Kyrou still be in the AHL if we still had Fabbri?
Even that opportunity is better then what Fabbri got to produce. And he'd be a nice addition to PP2.

Right now, the 2LW spot is still open as Bozak isnt doing much with that 2nd line. So Kyrou could still be on the Schenn line. No impact to the current roster imo

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
It did baffle me how we never tried Fabbri with ROR and Perron. Sanford got plenty of opportunities with them and looked good about 20% of the time. Now we have Tyler f***ing Bozak up there who cannot make a tape to tape pass to save his life and just looks generally useless.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Comments like the bolded always bug me. What exactly is it that Fabbri "does" that Berube doesn't like and won't let him do?

I think he likely didnt like something about his game. Why else would he never really get a shot anywhere except the fourth line? Was it that hes weak defensively? Maybe. Did he talk back one time and the coach didnt like him because of it? Its possible. But he obviously has some game and can score at the NHL level so something else was a reason for him not getting played.

Easy to be steller when your opponents dont take your team seriously. That's why I want to see how he would do playing an actual game that matters..

Yes because in the NHL where players salaries depend on how they play, they just decide to go easy on Fabbri. "I'm gonna let him get open and score a goal, who cares its just Detroit" - dmen on teams against Detroit. They definitely wouldnt want to use that chance to boost their stats at all

Reactions: MissouriMook

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
I think he likely didnt like something about his game. Why else would he never really get a shot anywhere except the fourth line? Was it that hes weak defensively? Maybe. Did he talk back one time and the coach didnt like him because of it? Its possible. But he obviously has some game and can score at the NHL level so something else was a reason for him not getting played.

Yes because in the NHL where players salaries depend on how they play, they just decide to go easy on Fabbri. "I'm gonna let him get open and score a goal, who cares its just Detroit" - dmen on teams against Detroit. They definitely wouldnt want to use that chance to boost their stats at all

So you really think teams get as hyped to play Detroit and they do washington, boston, st. Louis, Colorado? Were the blues getting their opponents top game in 05-06? Like I said in hope he goes to real team so he can prove he is back.

Racking up points in games that have no consequence does not move the needle for me. Maybe if he makes an all-star appearance we can count those stats as well.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So you really think teams get as hyped to play Detroit and they do washington, boston, st. Louis, Colorado? Were the blues getting their opponents top game in 05-06? Like I said in hope he goes to real team so he can prove he is back.

Racking up points in games that have no consequence does not move the needle for me. Maybe if he makes an all-star appearance we can count those stats as well.

Maybe not but its still the NHL. At what point do teams stop trying? You think its around like 20th? Teams probably dont try against Florida, Nashville or Toronto. Why wouldnt a goalie let Fabbri have a couple extra goals to help the lowly red wings. WHo cares if it hurts his GAA and next contract right?

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Fabbs put up 15 in 20 in the 2016 post season...he was mint. People suggesting he's a press box guy are delusional. It's a good trade for him to go to a team that lacks forwards, fine, but to suggest he's not a fit in St. Louis is dumb.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
It did baffle me how we never tried Fabbri with ROR and Perron. Sanford got plenty of opportunities with them and looked good about 20% of the time. Now we have Tyler ****ing Bozak up there who cannot make a tape to tape pass to save his life and just looks generally useless.

The blues obviously want someone that can hold on to the puck with O'Reilly and Perron. That's not fabbri's game. Despite not great production Sanford can win battles and hold on to the puck, fabbri can do neither... he is a quick strike type player..

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Fabbs put up 15 in 20 in the 2016 post season...he was mint. People suggesting he's a press box guy are delusional. It's a good trade for him to go to a team that lacks forwards, fine, but to suggest he's not a fit in St. Louis is dumb.
Sigh.

People said that Fabbri, after double ACL surgery, was a press box guy. Not 2016 version.

Why is that hard to grasp?

I’m not even gonna get into this argument again but it’s also delusional to twist people’s words like that.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Sigh.

People said that Fabbri, after double ACL surgery, was a press box guy. Not 2016 version.

I’m not even gonna get into this argument again but it’s also delusional to twist people’s words like that.
He was given, what one half season to rebound from those injuries?

Fabbri gone is good for him and the Blues, but listening to a whiney Blues fans try to explain away his success now is a good laugh.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i assume "he's not a fit in St. Louis is dumb" is your emotional reaction to the situation, considering he was regularly sitting in the press box when the blues were fully healthy. you can argue the blues should have incorporated him more, but that's a separate argument, as he was clearly not fitting in well enough this year with the team to get regular ice time.

the grass may be greener for fabbri, wish him a good career elsewhere as it wasn't going anywhere here

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I just assumed this Hugh character was a Detroit fan by how he has posted in this thread. Sure acts like it.

Are we gonna beat this dead horse all year long? Fabbri wouldn't be scoring like this for the Blues because he wouldn't be given these top line opportunities. Good for him that he's picking up PP points on a team that looks like an AHL team most nights.
Just ignore the thread if it bugs you. I mean, use the ‘ignore’ function for it.

Personally, I’d like to keep aware of how Fabbri is doing and to see what this trade looks like over time. I think De la Rose could be a Sundqvist type player who was well liked by his prior fan base, has a solid game to build on but no shiny production, and then blossoms in a support role when the chips are down. If all he ends up being is a 4th line PK guy, but he’s good at that, so be it.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010

Then he didnt put the work in a blew is knee up twice.. he was a promising young player, now he is not.

He is not a fit on a team that plays the blues system. He may be a fit for another contending teams system, but until he is traded to a contending team he is just a guy putting up points on a bad team that does not play a winning system..

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sigh.

But doesn't the current version of Fabbri push back against that too? I've watched a couple wings games. He's still running around hitting guys, so it's not like he's all of a sudden a soft player. Worrying about his mobility was a legitimate issue, but that's been put to bed imo.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Just ignore the thread if it bugs you. I mean, use the ‘ignore’ function for it.

Personally, I’d like to keep aware of how Fabbri is doing and to see what this trade looks like over time. I think De la Rose could be a Sundqvist type player who was well liked by his prior fan base, has a solid game to build on but no shiny production, and then blossoms in a support role when the chips are down. If all he ends up being is a 4th line PK guy, but he’s good at that, so be it.
What about DLRs game is reminiscent of Sunny? I would have never pegged Sundqvist for what he is today but I dont see the comparison

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
What about DLRs game is reminiscent of Sunny? I would have never pegged Sundqvist for what he is today but I dont see the comparison
Not necessarily stylistically. But De La Rose has been cited as a good defender, reliable and high motor, good on the PK. He had enough skill to make the league as a teenager. There may be some unlocked offense too. What did the Blues’ scouts see in Sundqvist?

I just prefer to see what DLR does and what role he fills. The Blues are very deep. Even if he’s a healthy scratch when the lineup is fully healthy (like Fabbri) it doesn’t mean he’s worthless.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
DLR actually does play a very similar game to Sundqvist’s first year here. Not much offense but a big body that kills penalties, plays defense and grinds it out along the boards.

Also keep in mind that Sundqvist and De La Rose are good friends and have been ever since they played in the World Juniors together. It’s not completely out of the realm of possibility that DLR may spend enough time with him to pickup some things from Sunny’s game. Sundqvist also did change his training a bit before he broke out so perhaps he can give him some tips.

It’s an optimistic wish. But it’s not completely unrealistic.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
i assume "he's not a fit in St. Louis is dumb" is your emotional reaction to the situation, considering he was regularly sitting in the press box when the blues were fully healthy. you can argue the blues should have incorporated him more, but that's a separate argument, as he was clearly not fitting in well enough this year with the team to get regular ice time.

the grass may be greener for fabbri, wish him a good career elsewhere as it wasn't going anywhere here
Just because he was sat there doesn't mean he couldn't play in the lineup. The Blues aren't he 1985 Oilers, please...there's tones of room to get better.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Then he didnt put the work in a blew is knee up twice.. he was a promising young player, now he is not.

He is not a fit on a team that plays the blues system. He may be a fit for another contending teams system, but until he is traded to a contending team he is just a guy putting up points on a bad team that does not play a winning system..
Now he it not? lol not checked a box score lately?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not necessarily stylistically. But De La Rose has been cited as a good defender, reliable and high motor, good on the PK. He had enough skill to make the league as a teenager. There may be some unlocked offense too. What did the Blues’ scouts see in Sundqvist?

I just prefer to see what DLR does and what role he fills. The Blues are very deep. Even if he’s a healthy scratch when the lineup is fully healthy (like Fabbri) it doesn’t mean he’s worthless.

DLR actually does play a very similar game to Sundqvist’s first year here. Not much offense but a big body that kills penalties, plays defense and grinds it out along the boards.

Also keep in mind that Sundqvist and De La Rose are good friends and have been ever since they played in the World Juniors together. It’s not completely out of the realm of possibility that DLR may spend enough time with him to pickup some things from Sunny’s game. Sundqvist also did change his training a bit before he broke out so perhaps he can give him some tips.

It’s an optimistic wish. But it’s not completely unrealistic.

It's been a couple years but I remember Sunny looking like a semi dangerous player. He found himself with great scoring chances, but the goalie just said no.

I'm not trying to be too dickish about this but it just seems like wishful think on a player received in a bad trade. Hope I'm wrong

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It's been a couple years but I remember Sunny looking like a semi dangerous player. He found himself with great scoring chances, but the goalie just said no.

I'm not trying to be too dickish about this but it just seems like wishful think on a player received in a bad trade. Hope I'm wrong
I’ve been very harsh on DLR in other threads. I’m really not a big fan of him. But he has looked better lately and is a decent extra forward. I’m just saying we can’t completely write him off yet after what happened with Sundqvist. Absolutely nobody wanted him on the team at the start of the 2018 season.

Which reminds me, we would have had to have put him on waivers right? My god that woulda been a colossal mistake.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
ya and that was a lifetime and 2 knee injuries ago.

he wouldnt have been traded if he was putting up those numbers and was the same player, especially every postseason. the guy is made of glass and cannot defend. go watch his stanley cup final performances vs the bruins, he was atrocious and eventually sat for Sanford who in the same role/slot, put up big numbers.

the guy CANNOT play big boy hockey. hes the welfare version of Rick Nash or my personal favorite Kevin Shattenkirk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad