F Xavier Simoneau (2021, 191st, MTL)

davalanche96

Jul 15, 2005
Canada
I known Xavier a lot because my son play with him younger and what I can tell you about this kid is
Hockey vision is incredible like Drouin or Crosby and all playing with him is better because he is not playing just for him both for the logo on the jersey...

Not the faster skater but a lot of undurance, nice past nice stick handling, he is better abd better every year... he say to his friend a couple week ago than midget aaa it's easy...

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Apparently Groulx and the 17 year old on Simoneau's line are very very good.

Not sure what Simoneau will do, but the other Xavier will return to midget next year.

How about Samuel Poulin, 6 points today (3+3) vs LSL, and now up to 19 points in 13 games. Already 5'11. Can anyone comment on his play? Seems to be outproducing Parent on the same team.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
there is no more appetite for exceptional status from
the part of Hockey Canada for the foreseeable future

you can put a dozen kids (2001) from the GTHL/WHL that would be top 30 in the Quebec MdAAA system

fix the compete level of quebec midget system first

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
How about Samuel Poulin, 6 points today (3+3) vs LSL, and now up to 19 points in 13 games. Already 5'11. Can anyone comment on his play? Seems to be outproducing Parent on the same team.

most physically ready of all the 2001-born playing in the LHMAAAQ, plays a power forward game, can score, set up plays and use his size well. skating will need to improve a bit. Smart player.

Parent was out for a while due to a concussion, he came back this past friday vs Gatineau and scored twice.

Hockeylover73

Jun 15, 2015
I known Xavier a lot because my son play with him younger and what I can tell you about this kid is
Hockey vision is incredible like Drouin or Crosby and all playing with him is better because he is not playing just for him both for the logo on the jersey...

Not the faster skater but a lot of undurance, nice past nice stick handling, he is better abd better every year... he say to his friend a couple week ago than midget aaa it's easy...

So you know that kid !!! thats great ... but not the fastest skater !?!?! did you see e him play this year ?? as a turn over in offessive zone and he is the first on the puck the other side ... he is a very good player ... a say the game on the web Friday and he is way bettre than Parent. Sunday at the game and play a very good game.

I think Poulin is bettre team player than Parent.

Hockeylover73

Jun 15, 2015

What categorie your son play with Xavier !?!? do you know if the Parent are tall ???

davalanche96

Jul 15, 2005
Canada
My son play with him in atome and pee-wee, I we see him play all year long. .. I didn't say than he is slow but his first arm is Hockey sense and how he can put other players better around of him. ...

We are happy to know this kid...he is a good person...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He was barely ranked by Central Scouting, but I would take a flier on him.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I wonder how generous the 177 lb listing is. That's below NHL average of course but there are successful players who weigh less than that. Seems like a bigger deal than his height. Hope a guy with his tenacity and playmaking isn't passed up completely.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Here's my scouting report on Xavier Simoneau if anyone is interested. The most underrated prospect of the draft imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad