Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
McDavids problem tonight wasnt Janmark.

McDavid had ZERO shots on net.

I never said McDavid played well either, but having Janmark on his line doesn't do anything on the offensive end at all. Knoblauch said today that the team would rotate L1 but he stuck Janmark on there unless it was Draisaitl for the McDrai move after killing a penalty or Kane when Draisaitl was in the dressing room. It was bad coaching. Janmark's a solid bottom 6 PKER contributor, but he brings barely anything offensively to be slotted AS a top 6 forward.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I hope he isnt hurt.
I just have no explanation for his performance tonight.
I don’t want an explanation even. It just CANT happen again. If after how they played tonight they can’t win game 2, might as well not watch the rest cause they cooked.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I mean, with Nurses contract, McDavid and Drai with pending extensions and Bouchard too, this team that struggles to have any depth will only get worse. The window was always till their contract extensions, we haven’t drafted, traded or signed well enough for anything past that.
This team has enough depth to win a cup right now.

Oilers collapse is the headline, not oilers lacked depth needed to score 6th goal.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
And the own goal. And the tying goal.

The other two were weak, but shit happens and you can make a mistake or two when their guy makes 3.

But when your team is laying an egg and trying to gut out a road win in that kind of atmosphere while clearly not being their best and battling some injuries...

You can't find a way to be worse than the other guy.
Yeah that’s as bad as it gets. All goals were stoppable by Skinner outside of the first one, he completely shit his pants and laid an egg. Won’t win shit with a goalie like Skinner in net.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
They need this. The last time they lost, they came out game 3 as their best game in the playoffs. Expect an Edmonton Oilers juggernaut on Friday.

Canucks fans talking enormous amounts of sht on social media. They dont see whats coming their way. Cant wait till Friday, Connor McDavid is going to put up a show

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I hope he isnt hurt.
I think/hope McDavid is the type of player where more touches of the puck and hes better, he cant just sit on the sideline like that.

He usually plays better as a season goes on, so it makes sense.

I do think he has something thats going on causing him to look off shooting, he was zipping the puck last year, could be a core/wrist injury.

It sucks and is what it is, we still should be grateful that we get to cheer for him every game.

Reactions: TB12

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Everything that told us this pair sucked: Stats. Eye test. Advanced stats. Previous history. Pundits. Fans around the league.

And yet, Holland sits on his hands and doesn’t try to upgrade. Oh wait he did try with Gudas in the offseason, so he f***in knew back then. Then decided to run it back anyways.
He was so proud when he said he didn’t move anyone off his current roster. Took the Deadline day off too

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Oilers collapse is the headline, not oilers lacked depth needed to score 6th goal.
We don’t have defensive depth worth shit. We have a good top pair, a good bottom pair and the worst second pair in the league and our 7-10 D aren’t good either.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He wasnt their 6D though.

He gets to pucks faster, moves them faster, provides more offense, just just doesnt "box" out as well as ceci due to being smaller.
Close to. Well like a 2nd/3rd pair tweener let’s say.

I agree though, he moves faster and can bounce on pucks/plays faster than Ceci. And that’s one of a Ceci’s main deficiencies is slowness to react. But I don’t think the game comes “easy” to him, he’s high effort to keep up and with that will come chaos and mistakes. That’s my estimation anyways, without actually seeing him in a playoff game. But I’m personally I’m pretty low on him not gonna lie.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Not sure if this is clear, but he's talking about years 3-7 of a prospective Nurse buy out, so roughly 2026-2030.

You're right though about tonight and this year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Probably hates losing and knows Skinner gives him no chance.
Had to give the cryptic answers that there were lots of odd and strange goals and chaos.

Said as well that the 2nd goal went in off an opponent skate. It went in off Skinners own paddle. Captain protectng goalie but....

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I never said McDavid played well either, but having Janmark on his line doesn't do anything on the offensive end at all. Knoblauch said today that the team would rotate L1 but he stuck Janmark on there unless it was Draisaitl for the McDrai move after killing a penalty or Kane when Draisaitl was in the dressing room. It was bad coaching. Janmark's a solid bottom 6 PKER contributor, but he brings barely anything offensively to be slotted AS a top 6 forward.
I dont know man...if you watched this game and think that Janmark was the probelm on that line then I just dont know what to say.
That was by far the most passive game I have ever seen McDavid play.
He wasnt alone either...almost the entire team was passive for 2 periods.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

You cannot play Janmark on the top 6 wing and expect to succeed. Not saying he's at fault tonight, but the guy doesn't bring much offensively. 11 playoff games with him with no goals to show for it. Guy's a bottom 6 PKER at best and should stay that way.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They need this. The last time they lost, they came out game 3 as their best game in the playoffs. Expect an Edmonton Oilers juggernaut on Friday.

Canucks fans talking enormous amounts of sht on social media. They dont see whats coming their way. Cant wait till Friday, Connor McDavid is going to put up a show
Canucks fans deserve to talk shit after that.
And we have to just accept it till our team can actually do something against theirs. 5th straight game.

Edit: we followed up game 3 with 2 stinkers that we still managed to win and we followed up those 2 stinkers with one of their worst games of the season.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
That first 15 seconds tells me all I needed to know. Tried to protect the lead with an inept 2nd pairing and a rattled goalie instead of trying to light their goalie up. Stupid decision.

They don’t have the defensive fortitude to play shut down hockey. They know they’re going to need to score 5+ to win most games, go out and hang 6 up. Low hanging fruit with Silvos in net. Apparently Skinner was lower hanging fruit.

I disagree, I think we had the defensive fortitude with the actual game we played.

We win that game with David Ayres in net.

Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

You cannot play Janmark on the top 6 wing and expect to succeed. Not saying he's at fault tonight, but the guy doesn't bring much offensively. 11 playoff games with him with no goals to show for it. Guy's a bottom 6 PKER at best and should stay that way.

Janmark was better than McDavid tonight.
McDavid was the worst player on his line.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com

Canucks fans are extremely obnoxious. Second to maybe Leafs fans.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I hope he isnt hurt.
How many times this year have you seen McDavid make elevated shots? I've only seen one goal where he elevated. He's been comprimised all season. His performance was putrid tonight regardless.

Reactions: guymez

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I dont know man...if you watched this game and think that Janmark was the probelm on that line then I just dont know what to say.
That was by far the most passive game I have ever seen McDavid play.
He wasnt alone either...the entire team was passive for 2 periods.

Bro.........
My main point is literally Janmark is NOT a top 6 forward and SHOULDN'T be played as one. Connor played bad tonight too, but having Janmark on that line doesn't do anything to further help on the offensive end. They need a sparkplug like Holloway in that spot.
Janmark was better than McDavid tonight.
McDavid was the worst player on his line.
You're missing my main point by a mile.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I hope he isnt hurt.
I’m wondering if realizing that Janmark was his top 6 winger put him in a low mood. Like McD ain’t dumb, he knows what a top 6 winger is and isn’t. 2nd rd of the playoffs and our defensive bottom 6 winger is the guy McD is supposed to cook with?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Bro.........
My main point is literally Janmark is NOT a top 6 forward and SHOULDN'T be played as one. Connor played bad tonight too, but having Janmark on that line doesn't do anything to further help on the offensive end. They need a sparkplug like Holloway in that spot.

You're missing my main point by a mile.
Connor has done much better with worse linemates than Janmark. A player that gives up very little defensively and is pretty good along the wall digging out pucks.

I am not arguing for Janmark as a winger going forward. I am just saying that he wasnt the problem tonight.

I’m wondering if realizing that Janmark was his top 6 winger put him in a low mood. Like McD ain’t dumb, he knows what a top 6 winger is and isn’t. 2nd rd of the playoffs and our defensive bottom 6 winger is the guy McD is supposed to cook with?
He cant be that mentally weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad