F Xavier Simoneau (2021, 191st, MTL)

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Is this kid in the exceptional mode of a Veleno type or is he better?

Parent gets all the talk, but he's outscored him in Bantam, Pre season in Midget he was scoring leader, and now in the regular season so far he's just ripping it up from the looks of it.

Last edited:

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
I think Simoneau and Parent are close to being on par. Both very talented all-around forwards, with Parent's skating being elite while Simoneau's most elite ability might be his hockey sense.

Last year, Veleno played with a top 16 year old (Brushett would have been a first round pick had he not chosen the college path) and a top 15 year old (Durandeau went 7th overall in the 2015 QMJHL draft). Simoneau finds himself in the same situation, playing with a very good 16 year old (Joly who was a second round pick in the QMJHL draft) and a top 15 year old (Groulx who will be a top-5 in next summer's QMJHL draft).

Playing under similar conditions as Veleno did last year in terms of linemates, Simoneau is clearly outscoring Veleno this far (over 2,00 ppg against around 1,3 ppg). On the other hand, Veleno played at 6'00 while Simoneau plays at 5'6" (though it was pointed out that Simoneau's older brother is almost 6'0").

It is a bit more difficult to compare Simoneau or Veleno with Parent or Poulin. Both Parent and Poulin play on the same line with an undrafted 16 year old. They are both at 1,00 ppg. They do not play with a Groulx or Joly. So basically stats only go so far.

Can't argue against the fact that Simoneau has been the best 2001 in Quebec thus far this year but he has enjoyed better linemates than Poulin or Parent (as did Veleno).

Hockeylover73

Jun 15, 2015
He is still in the game .... i look at some of the two game on web site on the week end and they are all over him slashing, cross chek he is tought. Groulx is a big guy on his side with Joly, but he as a very good hockey sense !!!

He is 3rd in the ligue for point.

http://liguemidgetaaa.ca/statistiques.php

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He is still in the game .... i look at some of the two game on web site on the week end and they are all over him slashing, cross chek he is tought. Groulx is a big guy on his side with Joly, but he as a very good hockey sense !!!

He is 3rd in the ligue for point.

http://liguemidgetaaa.ca/statistiques.php

That new website is amazing with all the pictures of the NHLers in the margins. Mike Riberio has the greasiest teenage moustache I've ever seen.

FYI, Oct 18 Simoneau is in Montreal to play Rousseau. At the same day/time and a couple KM away, LSL plays Xavier Parent's team. Tough choice on which one to watch.

Last edited:

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
That new website is amazing with all the pictures of the NHLers in the margins. Mike Riberio has the greasiest teenage moustache I've ever seen.

FYI, Oct 18 Simoneau is in Montreal to play Rousseau. At the same day/time and a couple KM away, LSL plays Xavier Parent's team. Tough choice on which one to watch.

Has Parent recovered from his concussion? He hasn't played in a while it seems.

I know which one I'll be at.

And which one is that, do give us a clue :P

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
I think it will be a fact, if he does not grow up a bit !!! but lets see if he grow up this year. And if yes the team that will get him will need someone to protect him !!!

his older brother is 5-11 (as listed on the league website) during the pre-season (99-born) so there's hope Xavier can get in that 5-10 / 5-11 range.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
I don't see hockey Canada having the appetite for any "exceptional " status players for a while and anytime soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad