F Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
It was a question.
and that was an answer to say it does not mean he is more talented but IMO shane wright is more talented than Lafreniere. Hope you never took that as thinking I was taking a dig at your comment cause that was not the intent...my comment was to say it does not mean he is better just because he got exceptional status...but like I said I think he is a lot more talented.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
the rules were not the same, Halifax mooseheads tried to get the Q to let him play for them similar to Soezza in Brampton a few yrs earlier

correct. and the family, Sid + the agent decided they would be better served out of the spotlight and out of Nova Scotia for a bit.

a true process for ES wasn't established until John Tavares came along.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Luke Hughes isn’t even in the running right now for 2021.

Jack Hughes
Alexis Lafreniere
Dylan Guenther
Matthew Savoie
Is Guenther starting to create a gap between him and the other 2021 prospects or is your projection just by a inch? The other 3 have been favourites for a while, but I’ve been waiting for a favourite to emerge for 2021.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Is Guenther starting to create a gap between him and the other 2021 prospects or is your projection just by a inch? The other 3 have been favourites for a while, but I’ve been waiting for a favourite to emerge for 2021.
Personally, and from what I’ve read, I think it’s tight between Guenther, Roy, and Raty at this time. Some swear by Wallstedt, but c’mon, a goalie isn’t going to go first overall in the modern NHL, even if he played in a top men’s league and didn’t let in a single goal all season.

Reactions: grentthealien

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Personally, and from what I’ve read, I think it’s tight between Guenther, Roy, and Raty at this time. Some swear by Wallstedt, but c’mon, a goalie isn’t going to go first overall in the modern NHL, even if he played in a top men’s league and didn’t let in a single goal all season.

I read an article from Chris Peters earlier this week where he mentioned Brandt Clarke as a possibility.

I also think a few of the Americans defensemen could have a chance. I've never seen him play, but Luke Hughes gets compared to a taller Quinn Hughes. As unfortunate as it is that hockey operates like this, I think a 6'0 or taller Quinn Hughes would have a chance to go 1OA in 2021. Aidan Hreschuk also gets very good reviews.

I think Roy is the front runner going into next season with Raty as the main challenger.

Reactions: Dominance

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Anyone have the skinny why Shane didn't perform particularly well at the last year WSI? (WSI U15) 1 goal 2 assists for 6 games
- when he was so dominant in two previous years (he was 7th in points in his team last year)

It isn't like it was the wrong age group, although the correct would of been U14, instead of U15, or was it?
but... the same age group, another top prospect, Matthew Savoie, scored 9 goals, 5 assists in 8 games in the tournament.
- lots of other big names scored a lot goals and points as well,

Oshawa Generals didn't bring a particularly good team? That it?

Also, why he was selected to the OHL Cup of this year but not to this years WSI?. This year's WSI (04's) was a really high quality tournament
it would of been awesome to see what he could of done there.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Anyone have the skinny why Shane didn't perform particularly well at the last year WSI? (WSI U15) 1 goal 2 assists for 6 games
- when he was so dominant in two previous years (he was 7th in points in his team last year)

It isn't like it was the wrong age group, although the correct would of been U14, instead of U15, or was it?
but... the same age group, another top prospect, Matthew Savoie, scored 9 goals, 5 assists in 8 games in the tournament.
- lots of other big names scored a lot goals and points as well,

Oshawa Generals didn't bring a particularly good team? That it?

Also, why he was selected to the OHL Cup of this year but not to this years WSI?. This year's WSI (04's) was a really high quality tournament
it would of been awesome to see what he could of done there.

I don't have any insight on Wright's team, but Savoie played on an absolutely stacked WSI team composed of 10 first round WHL picks (himself included), including 8 of the first 14 picks in last year's WHL draft. Savoie is undoubtedly the top talent from that team, but that is a lot of firepower on one team, which likely contributed to the big numbers for several players on that team.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I don't have any insight on Wright's team, but Savoie played on an absolutely stacked WSI team composed of 10 first round WHL picks (himself included), including 8 of the first 14 picks in last year's WHL draft. Savoie is undoubtedly the top talent from that team, but that is a lot of firepower on one team, which likely contributed to the big numbers for several players on that team.

Oh, okay.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Congrats!

25-5-2019 19-32-06.jpg

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Shane Wright, the 5th player to ever receive exceptional status in the OHL, scored his first preseason point in his first preseason OHL game for Kingston.

Going to be a good one folks. I look forward to his first season against players 4-5 years older.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Shane Wright, the 5th player to ever receive exceptional status in the OHL, scored his first preseason point in his first preseason OHL game for Kingston.

Going to be a good one folks. I look forward to his first season against players 4-5 years older.

Savoie had two points in his first pre-season game. :P Seriously looking forward to a good rivalry between these two.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015

Brennan Othmann had 2 goals in his

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad