F Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I read an article from Chris Peters earlier this week where he mentioned Brandt Clarke as a possibility.

I also think a few of the Americans defensemen could have a chance. I've never seen him play, but Luke Hughes gets compared to a taller Quinn Hughes. As unfortunate as it is that hockey operates like this, I think a 6'0 or taller Quinn Hughes would have a chance to go 1OA in 2021. Aidan Hreschuk also gets very good reviews.

I think Roy is the front runner going into next season with Raty as the main challenger.
currently Clarke is clear cut above Luke Hughes.

Reactions: flamebird

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
3 games for Kingston, 3 losses, GD 4-11 (-7), Wright 1+0, -1, 3 SOG.
- No one really should put too much weight on his rookie season stats. Kingston is really really bad.
because if he really plays his entire season for Front's at 15, that would be super impressive alone, no matter how bad numbers he puts

Last edited:

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
3 games for Kingston, 3 losses, GD 4-11 (-7), Wright 1+0, -1, 3 SOG.
- No one really should put too much weight on his rookie season stats. Kingston is really really bad.
because if he really plays his entire season for Front's at 15, that would be super impressive alone, no matter how bad numbers he puts
Kingston had to really take a dump last year in order to be able to draft him.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Kingston is really really bad.

What do you mean, “if”?

There is no doubt that Shane Wright with his exceptional status will spend the entire season in the OHL. He is Kingston’s franchise player for the next 3 years at least.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So how would he compare to Lafreniere's rookie season, I wonder. They were about the same age. So far, if I'm being honest, neither Wright nor Savoie have really impressed me so much, considering they are supposed to be more talented than Lafreniere. But perhaps OHL is tougher to get into than QMJHL was.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
So how would he compare to Lafreniere's rookie season, I wonder. They were about the same age. So far, if I'm being honest, neither Wright nor Savoie have really impressed me so much, considering they are supposed to be more talented than Lafreniere. But perhaps OHL is tougher to get into than QMJHL was.
which Fin is in contention for 1st that you're already in here complaining about North American prospects?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

QMJHL is typically considered the easier league to score in. WHL is typically a very physical league so smaller players don't often break through until they figure out how to work with size, OHL is loaded with talent so tough for any 15 year old to do well in. Wright looks like he belongs. Savoie is kind of stuck in the middle right now to good for the lower level not quite at the level of WHL yet, we'll see if he can break through with some more games.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
QMJHL is typically considered the easier league to score in. WHL is typically a very physical league so smaller players don't often break through until they figure out how to work with size, OHL is loaded with talent so tough for any 15 year old to do well in. Wright looks like he belongs. Savoie is kind of stuck in the middle right now to good for the lower level not quite at the level of WHL yet, we'll see if he can break through with some more games.
that is very old thinking that the QMJHL is the easiest (your thinking when players would put up 180 and 160 point seasons on regular basis)

Reactions: TimeZone

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
that is very old thinking that the QMJHL is the easiest (your thinking when players would put up 180 and 160 point seasons on regular basis)

I believe the QMJHL still generally has a higher goal per game rate then the other two leagues.

LarrysMustache

Feb 29, 2016
I believe the QMJHL still generally has a higher goal per game rate then the other two leagues.
Goals/game shouldn't matter, they're all PP leagues. Using your logic, it is widely known that the WHL is the weakest league in the CHL. Savoie should have an easier time adjusting...

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Goals/game shouldn't matter, they're all PP leagues. Using your logic, it is widely known that the WHL is the weakest league in the CHL. Savoie should have an easier time adjusting...

That's just wishful thinking from Q fans. A league on the same footing as another having a higher goal per game pace means it's easier to score in. The WHL generally has the 2nd or lowest goal per game pace of the 3 leagues. It's why NHLe and other equivalencies typically adjust for CHL scoring by dropping QMJHL equivalent scoring. The Q is generally regarded as the weakest of the 3 leagues though they do produce some of the best talent in the game.

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Wright is leading his team in scoring........ as a 15 year old. What more do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad