F Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Did you read my post? I think it was rather clear.

Lafreniere was 15 too, forgot?

Yeah, Lafreniere has one. As we all know.

Lafreniere started his rookie season at 15 and turned 16 shortly there afterwards. It's his b-day today, so wish him a happy b-day. He played 99% of his rookie season as a 16 year old.

Wright turns 16 in January. There's a big difference.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lafreniere started his rookie season at 15 and turned 16 shortly there afterwards. It's his b-day today, so wish him a happy b-day. He played 99% of his rookie season as a 16 year old.

ssssh don't tell him that, he's trying to make a really dumb point about Lafreniere masked as a dig at Savoie/Wright that is really just about Lambert, who might be the best Finn ever. Just don't tell him he has a Canadian father. We all know where he got that talent from. Amirite? The first half Canadian, half Finn to kill Finland. Or really the first good player, because he's half Canadian to kill Finland.

Last edited:

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006

All in all, this is just a three months difference.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

A big difference? It's just 2 months and 3 weeks.

You consider an April birthday and a January birthday a big difference, too?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
OHL teams averaged 3.7 goals a game and the Q teams averaged like 3.2 last year. It has been a myth about the Q for like a decade now.
Even if the OHL is higher scoring, for whatever reasons, OHL scoring translates better to NHL scoring than the other 2 CHL leagues historically. Probably due to the fact the OHL tends to have the largest pool of players given the size of Ontario, the States it has the rights to, and the likelihood of those American kids reporting compared to the WHL and QMJHL.

Reactions: d rake

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
OHL teams averaged 3.7 goals a game and the Q teams averaged like 3.2 last year. It has been a myth about the Q for like a decade now.

Even if that's the case pretty much all equivalency projects project OHL and WHL scoring as more directly translatable to the NHL then QMJHL scoring. All the leagues tend to have ebbs and flows of talent but more often then not the QMJHL tends to have the lowest.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I feel sorry for Wright. Kingston's track record for developing high-end prospects is pretty ... uh ... dreadful.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So was Erie's (Basically ROR and Boyes prior to McDavid). Once McDavid came there they pumped out a bunch in D. Strome, DeBrincat and Dermott. Not that Wright is likely to be McDavid tier.

Didn't Erie actually make a conscious effort to improve in that regard? Not to mention, Erie's had strong teams in the past with guys who became NHL regulars on their roster prior to McDavid. I look at Kingston and I see the same complacent ownership/management group that's been there since forever. Every so-called "high end" player who has come through Kingston turned out to be much less than what he was supposed to be (Bennett, Crouse, Gudbranson, A. Stewart, Emmerton, etc.).

If Wright becomes a star NHLer, he'll have done so in spite of who he played for and will have bucked a massive trend.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
ssssh don't tell him that, he's trying to make a really dumb point about Lafreniere masked as a dig at Savoie/Wright that is really just about Lambert, who might be the best Finn ever. Just don't tell him he has a Canadian father. We all know where he got that talent from. Amirite? The first half Canadian, half Finn to kill Finland. Or really the first good player, because he's half Canadian to kill Finland.

what is all this posts about Lambert? I do not think he is anything special

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Didn't Erie actually make a conscious effort to improve in that regard? Not to mention, Erie's had strong teams in the past with guys who became NHL regulars on their roster prior to McDavid. I look at Kingston and I see the same complacent ownership/management group that's been there since forever. Every so-called "high end" player who has come through Kingston turned out to be much less than what he was supposed to be (Bennett, Crouse, Gudbranson, A. Stewart, Emmerton, etc.).

If Wright becomes a star NHLer, he'll have done so in spite of who he played for and will have bucked a massive trend.
Erie's had the same ownership for years. Taylor Hall refused to report there which is why he slipped to 2nd Overall.

Kingston has been disappointing, but things can quickly change. But I agree, their high-picks have not lived up to expectations considering the best of their top 5 picks has been Gratton who was a good player but never really got past being a 2nd line center and spent most of his career as a 3rd line center.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
2 goals tonight including the overtime winner for Kingston's first win of the season

Reactions: OSA

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
1.00 ppg player at 15 in the OHL... not bad.

Savoie has 0 points in 3 games and -3 thus far. Shane has 4 goals 5 assists in 9 games now. We can start to understand why the CHL decided to grant only one exceptional status. Shane is more mature and was ready to do this full time. CHL is the best league in the world and it takes a special talent to be able to do what Shane is doing. Today he had 2 assists in a very crazy game vs Ottawa losing 8-7 in OT but what a game !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->